Can anyone help re: Welcome Finance/IND??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I' new here but I was wondering if anyone could help me with an old welcome finance debt?

In november 2007 due to being made redundant I missed a payment to welcome finance. The loan was for a car and who we spoke to on the phone said I needed to make payments or they would take the car. I struggled but was unable to keep up with the payments and told them on several occasions, both over the phone and in writing that due to financial hardship they would have to take the car. I didn't hear from them again and the car has been sat in a garage for the last 5 years as I didn't know if they'd come and take it at any time, so we bought a cheapie run around and sorned the WF car.

Three weeks ago, after our car blew up beyond repair and not having enough funds to buy a replacement car I taxed and tested the stood up car, as I need to get to and from work, have kids that need running around etc. Last week I recieved a letter from IND:

Dear Mr XXXXXXX

Welcome Financial Services Ltd Account Number XXXXXXXXXX outstanding balance of £XXXXX

Please find attached a statement of your account with Welcome Financial Services Ltd.

This amount is now seriously overdue and you should pay the amount immediately.

Call us immediately to settle the account.

Yours faithfully

(illegible squiggle) IND LTD

On the back of this letter is headed Account Statement with the original creditor, reference number (different to the one on the other side?) Default date and outstanding amount.

Another sheet of paper was included with this one: LAST LETTER BEFORE LEGAL PROCEEDINGS.

Welcome Financial Services has appointed IND Ltd to collect the full outstanding balance owed by you relating to the account(s) detailed above.

To discharge the outstanding balance, you should make a payment of £XXX direct to IND Ltd now. You should not make any payment to Welcome Financial Services Ltd, as it will take significantly longer to process any such payment.

It then tells me I can call and pay over the phone, send them a cheque etc

In the event that £XXXX is not recieved by us in cleared funds by 04/06/2012 legal proceedings to recover the amount due will be commenced against you without further notice.

It then outlines they'll also be recovering court costs, solicitors fees, interest etc. It goes on to say that I've been sent a series of letters and this is the last one they'll be sending-they haven't.

Why is this company dealing with it and not welcome?

This morning the postie brought me court papers for Northampton county court. It's got Welcome listed as the claimant, not IND, and another company listed to send documents and payments? The company listed to send documents etc to is also the name printed as the claimant at the bottom.

I don't know what to do, can anyone help please?

Hi Perry what date did you last make payment?

Regards

Andy

PS Welcome to CAG

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy, thanks for replying. I last made a payment November 2007, when I told them to collect the car, I sorned the car at the same time in anticipation of them collecting it. They didn't and it was the last I heard from them until recently.

So next November for Statute Barred, have you received a Notice of Assignment from either Welcome or IND?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

are you 100 % sure welcome are the claimants

welcome as a rule do not start court proceedings

they just sell/assign an account to a dca

what is the name of the company to send payments,coresspondants to

welcome are history, they do not exsist anymore as all assetts have been sold to another company from welcomes parent company, cattles

companies house have welcome financial services as dissolved

Thanks for that info squaddie. It was IND that contacted me a couple of weeks back, quickly followed by the court papers. The court papers name Welcome as the claimant, but all papers etc are to be sent to another company, not welcome or IND, this company are named in the claimant signature box at the bottom. I'll go and get the papers and check the company.

Right, the claim form is for Northampton court. On the lefft hand side we have:

Claimant:

WELCOME FINANCIAL SERVICES LTD

KINGSTON HOUSE

CENTRE 27 BUSINESS PARK

WOODHEAD ROAD

BIRSTALL

BATLEY

FW17 9TD

Address for sending documents and payments (if different)

HEGARTY LLP

48 BROADWAY

PETERBOROUGH

PE1 1YW

08715 999999

****/**********

Defendant

MY DETAILS

Particulars of Claim

The claimant claims for sums due under a/various Credit Agreement(s) related only to money regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 entered into between the claimant and the defendant. The agreement(s) was/were terminated upon the Defendant failure to comply with the terms of the Agreement(s). The claimant complied with section III and IV and Annex B of the PD Pre-Action Conduct.

And the Claimant Claims:

Hire Purchase Account Number ******* balance of ***** as of 28/11/07.

Interest under s69 of the County Court Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from 28/11/07 to 6/6/12 of ****** and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgement or earlier payment at a daily rate of £2.23 AND costs.

Sorry, but Welcome Financial Services Ltd are still actively trading according to Companies House. Company number 00133540. Wish I could agree that they were dissovled. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news and apologies that I can't offer anything construction.

Good luck

Sorry, but Welcome Financial Services Ltd are still actively trading according to Companies House. Company number 00133540. Wish I could agree that they were dissovled. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news and apologies that I can't offer anything construction.

Good luck

I don't usually respond on these forums, but decided it was a good idea to on this occasion.

Yes, Welcome are still trading, only to recover debts and existing payments. I have had dealings with IND who would have sent the initial letters re the court action. I have found they will contact welcome if you have a querry with anything, although they are very very slow. Welcome sent me a letter yesterday which clearly shows the reference as IND phase IV Litigation. I am guessing they are doing all they can to recover as much as possible to cover the ppi claims being handled by the FSA. My PPI claim with them went to the FSA, but was sent to an address in Northhampton from which Welcome still seem to be trading.

I would also suggest checking your credit file, as in my case they re-registered a default and got everything ass backwards and tried to put it as new. My debt would have and should still be statute barred in few months, but with IND behind the scene I am just waiting for county court papers.