Can they alter credit file without permission?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Hi.

Its been a while since I posted but everything has really quiet. [fingers crossed]

History:- My Egg Loan was sold to Britannia Recoveries and Egg are collecting for then, I pay token payment every month.

I finally won my PPI mis selling case against Egg and asked Egg to issue cheque in a different name. [my married name]. After a bit of a fight they finally did it. However I didnot change the name on the loan agreement nor did I tell them to do so or sign anything to agree to that.

However I have received my yearly statement from Britannia and they have change the name not only on the account their end but they have also recorded it with CRA as a new entry under married name even though I have no signed agreement in that name with them.

Can they do that without my permission?

Thanks in advance

Absolutely yes. Just out of interest though, have you tried to remove the default in leu of the fact that the defaulted balance was made up of charges; or was it a lot more?

The CRAs have a duty of care along with the creditor

to maintain the data displayed acurate and up to date.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 4 weeks later...