GE Money & PPI. Can Not Trace Account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4327 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. I am hoping someone will be able to help me.

I contacted GE Money a couple of weeks ago by phone on 01626 492367 only to be told that they can not find my account details regarding a loan I took out a number of years ago. They told me to send them a letter.

I sent them the name, address and account number and photo copies of the loan agreement and all the details. They have replied to me today asking for the reason why I took the loan out??? They have everything they need, they tell me and I quote "Unfortunately we have not been able to trace this customers account".

They also only give a fax number as a way to communicate with them, no email, telephone etc. Are they hoping that I will forget about it as they are making it difficult to get in touch with them?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Exactly, the letter I received looks like a standard letter that they send to everyone, they have even sent me back a copy of the copy I made showing my account details. I find it all very strange. They are either trying to put me off getting back in touch with them or the person who dealt with my query isn't how can I put it? An educated person? Trying to be polite there.

Maybe you misunderstood me (or have I misunderstood you?)

Your thread says this is to do with a PPI claim.

So have you actually put in a claim and of so what form did the claim take?

Did you do a fos questionnaire?

Did you prepare a claim spreadsheet?

Sorry for the questions...just trying to get to where you are with this.

This was my first enquiry, a phone call to them and then a letter to them submitting a claim for PPI.

I included absolutely everything regrding who I am and the account details but this was my first response from them saying they can not trace my account - It was originaly with The First National Bank PLC. That is the paper work that I included.

I havent submitted any official forms or been to an advisor at all, I just expected after everything that has been going on re PPI that they would give me a honest response rather than ask me to submit all the details again.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Ah but this is GE we are dealing with....the biggest wrigglers in the business.

In general, never trust a bank or any other lender.

Can you post up the figures from the loan agreement please or indeed a copy of the agreement itself (MINUS PERSONAL IDENTIFIERS). You can use this method...

Dx100 – Instructions on uploading pdfs

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or ir you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

Ge Money took over First National Bank qa few years back. I managed to get my data from GE Money back to 1996. Coldseal Windows was one of the companies promoting First National as their "preferred" lender before GE Money bought them out. Coldseal have since folded, and GE Money had accounts going back into the mid 90's.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Really? I bought windows at the time, it might have been Safestyle actually so maybe that is the answer. I remember paying for the loan for years and when I wanted to settle they told me I still owed the same amount as I first borrowed. It was a right rip off.

Have you come across this before then?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I wrote to GE Money and advised them that my loan was with Safestyle UK and I have had a reply from them on a Compliments slip saying and I quote

"Unfortunately if an account was closed more than 6 years ago we will not hold any account information. We are sorry we can't assist any further".

No signature, no letter, just a compliments slip.

Very unprofessional.

Does this mean I have come to an end with my claim?

Thanks

CR

Hi

Doesn't necessarily mean its the end.

You have the evidence of the loan agreement.

What I would do is put in a more formal claim by completing a fos consumer questionnaire (available from the fos website) and a spreadsheet showing the amount you want back. If you have the agreement and you know that the loan ran its natural course then you should be able to work out pretty well what the repayment dates were.

This is the spreadsheet you should use to calculate the claim amount.

StatIntSheet v101.xls

Send a copy of the completed questionnaire and a copy of the completed spreadsheet to them together with a brief covering letter requiring refund. Also attach copy of the loan agreement. Tell them that although they claim to have no record of this account, you do and it is attached as evidence and that you want your money back.

As I said before, GE can be tricky but keep at them.