landlord won't give me deposit back, please help me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well i rent a room last month

the rent was £170 per month and i paid and £170 more for deposit in a 5 months contract

The think is that i didnt stay not even a day in that room cause the house has a mouce problem and i was waiting from him to get me a new bed as he promised!! -during that month i moved to my girl.

i got in contact with the landlord at the 22/5 to let him know that i am moving out at the end of the month.

I know i didnt gave to him a month notice although the landlord said, ok!

Now i have move out and he says that he wont give me my deposit back because i broke the contract!

He didnt mention anything like that before..

What can i do now?I have lost so many times deposit money but this time i really need them!

Please help me if you have any advice!

Did you rent a room in same house as LL was living? ie a lodger, or a single room with shared facilities & other Ts, with an indivd 6 month AST?

If the latter, you took possession of the room and moved out during fixed term. The LL can claim compensation of up to 6 months rent if he did not formally accept your early surrender. Notice is immaterial during fixed term.

If you did not stay 1 day in the room, how do you know there was a mouse problem? What was wrong with the bed? Did you view room beforeagreeing to rent?

"He didnt mention anything like that before.."

It should be contained in AST, but is spelled out in LL&T Act, a public document, esp on internet.