Tax credit review letter-childcare

Jennie_d
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A fortnight ago I received a letter asking for my childcare invoices/receipts/contract. I am luckily able to provide all of these once the nursery give me new copies.

I am slightly concerned as to why I have been selected for a childcare review. Are these really 'random' checks, as the letter tries to say, or is there a more systematic way of selecting those to be reviewed/checked. The letter has made me feel already as if I have done something wrong. Quite an accusing tone, and leaflet explaining about fines etc if you are found to be in the wrong. I know that I have claimed childcare legitimately, but its almost as if the 'compliance officer' seems to already think, for whatever reason, that I have already commited a crime, or fraud.

Following on from this, am I going to have to give bank statements/p60/payslips/utility bills, etc, as I have read that some people have had to provide. Why do some of us need to provide only child care related paper work, and then others have to provide bank statements etc.

Im quite a worrier and since recieving the letter I have been unable to sleep, have booked extra time off work etc, as Im worried sick.

Is it likely that I am due a more thorough examination?

Edited by Jennie_d

Hi Jennie and welcome to the forums.

I am sure our resident experts will be along to advise soon.

It the meantime have a look around the forums for similar threads.

Here is one to be going on with http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?303503-Im-seriously-up-the-creek-Tax-credit-childcare-fraud-review!-Please-advise

Thankyou, just had a quick read through, and I see others have had the same, really hope it doesnt take ages though for them to make a decision. Thank god I will no longer need to childcare element next year.