Simply Be/ Reliable Collections advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm here again, seems like a long time and i'm not so in touch with it all now! I do need a bit of help with "simply Be" the name sums them up anyway.

In December,2010 I bought a laptop from them then returned it a week later, as I found it much cheaper somewhere else! Weeks later I noticed it was still showing on my statement and they acknowledged this and told me it would be re credited. It was never re credited and large amounts of interest were added to the account. They finally re credited the amount on the 29th December, 2011 after many more annoying phone calls. However they have refused to refund any charges and interest added to the account. If I am to try to reclaim this, do I only claim interest on the purchase price of the item x the number of days?:|and if you could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated

At the moment the account is in dispute so no further interest is being added.

Woolwich won in court/default removed Barclaycard Settled Halifax settled

Capital 1Settled GE Money Settled

Egg Settled-court action re.default 4th hearing!

Have you got copies of everything ie statements etc?

You need to be reclaiming all costs involved. Charges, interest, late payment fees, admin costs and anything else they have tried to charge you with in relation to this.

Have a look in the library for LBA.

Send them a letter listing everything you are claiming and give them 14 days to respond or court claim will follow.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?68-debt-collection-library

Hi, They have sent me a computer printout listing all interest charges , will this be enough? I've calculated the total charges and interest added since the return of the item,then found the daily rate and added the 8%. I'm not sure if this is correct, as part of this interest was on a legitimate balance. I'm just not sure how to calculate re the laptop total(bit confusing) The total amount of days was 417! So I added all my 12.00 charges plus interest then worked out the daily rate and added this. Help??

Hi

What you are claiming back are the charges added to the account plus the interest on those charges. The rate of interest should be at least the rate that they charge you on the account.

You will need this spreadsheet to work out your claim amount.

CISheet v101.xls

The "claim to" date should be today and the APR should be the rate they are charging you on the account.

List each charge you are claiming giving the date of the charge, a description and the amount of the charge. The spreadsheet will do the rest for you and work out the interest you will claim back.

You can claim a higher amount of interest in restitution if you wish and for details on this have a read of No.4 in my signature.

This gets sent to the lender as described above.

ims

Hi,

Thanks for that advice. Also I want to claim the interest on the higher balance.. the time it took for them to refund the money (Oct.2011-Dec.2012) So as well as charges, interest was also being charged on the higher balance. I'm not sure how I would work that out:???: Can you help me with this? Thank you