• Tweets

• Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Account is dispute with MH has now been passed to Freds!!/ Cap1 card 6yrs old

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3051 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Ok my post yesterday was a little long and a complete rant!!

In short, I have been getting phone calls from Freds about an account which is in dispute with MH,

no letters were sent prior to this from Freds to say they had been passed the account

and nothing has been heard from MH since Sept last year when I sent them a letter in response to the CCA they sent (2 months after the cut off date)

I have stated I will not discuss the account over the phone and any communication should be in writing,

after I stated this they sent me a letter asking me to phone them to discuss the account :???:

I need some advice really,

do I sent them an account in dispute letter?

Because I had sent MH a letter offering a final reduced payment but received nothing back from them.

Send an SAR and claim all the charges and PPI back?

Becasue I know there were an awful lot of charges as I came across old statements last night

and every month they were charges for being overlimit,

and I noticed some were even added when I weren't over limit which is strange?

Any advice would be much apprecited thank you

Edited by Chrissie1980
too long and abit ranty!

If you suspect there are charges and PPI, then send that SAR asap so you can get reclaiming!

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

yep sar them.

how much are we talking about?

and what does your rcra file says about this debt?

see below noddle is free

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well the debt stands now at £460.68 but looking through old statements the balance at which I stopped using the card was £195, I fell into some financial difficulty and payments slipped and the debt rose to around £700 all of which were charges.

I was on a payment plan which got it down to what it is now but it is abit hazy as to when I last paid towards this debt as I moved house a few times and had had a company trying to get my debts written off which was stupid as I now know I could have done all that myself!!

It is on my file as a default which is due to come off next year. But I do find this unfair as all the £700 bar £195 of it were charges and interest accumulated.

I was also charged according to my statement an overlimit charge when at that stage I was not over limit which in fact did than take me over the limit if that makes sense?

noddle is a cra

see below

looks like you need get reclaimig me thinks!!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no

when did you last use the card in/out?

dx

and they

i would suspect it would be close to the default date.

looks like a reclai ill kill the debt anyhow.

so money to your pocket too

esp if you have PPI as well.

lets await the SAR.

dx

and they

I'll send the SAR out and go from there...... Many Thanks for your help!

It is on my credit file, along with a few others which when I check a couple months back were not on there! And these were as far as I was aware from FSF they were written off! So should they still be on my file?

What are the status's of the defaults/markers? Are they listed as settled, satisfied or outstanding?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I am assuming they are outstanding!

which is a little confusing as I have heard nothing from these companies or anyone working on behalf of them for the last 4 years....

. I had an account with First Step Finance back in 2008 and I have written to them requesting a summary on my account before I closed it.

While I was with them I recieved no such summarys although I did receive a couple letters stating accounts had been closed. :???:

Have a quick check and see. If its still outstanding, then you need to write demanding they update or remove the entries. ANy correspondance about this must be address to the compliance manager at the appropriate company.

They are in my open accounts on my credit file so I assume that means they are still active?

If there is a default entered, read it carefully. There will be a status of the debt included. Usually marked "Settled", "Satisfied", "Outstanding" etc.

Hi I am looking on noddle and it only says it is in default, nothing else and the date goes to June 2012 if that helps?? Although a couple of accounts which are old old from 2002 don't have any information before 2011..... which I find really odd!

yes interesting

though noddle does go thru periods whereby this happens.

i'd get two reports for two cra's.

as dfor the june default [is that correct?]

if june is its 6th birthday

then that account should vanish pretty soon then.

dx

and they

A couple of accounts say there is no information just a red D but nothing saying default or anything, but these were updated recently which is really confusing :???: as these are accounts from way back and all contact was ceased about 4 years ago! And I do believe they should no longer be on my file, and when I looked at my file on experian these were not present!

There is also another couple of accounts which I thought would have been on there but are not, as they contacted me last year and I sent them a CCA request but they could not provide me with it, so does that mean they have removed them from my file?? and these accounts were around the same time as all the other accounts when I was young and stupid! So why are tey not on there but the others are????? I am so confused right now haha

its the default date you are interested in

accounts can be 'updated' but the default dates do not change.

i'd get two reports from two cra's to be clear.

as for those that dont show

it maybe they have already fallen off [ a default & the account should be removed from CRA's following the defaults 6th birthday, regardless

of them being paid or not]

if that is the case then i would also assume the debts to statute barred.

dx

and they

Thanks dx, most of them will be up next year! as they defaults were added 2007..... a couple are this year!

But what is odd is on my credit card it shows a reduce in the balance of £1 back in 2010 but I have no idea why as I haven't paid anything on this account since 2007!

didn't cca them did you?

and they used that ?

dx

and they