Account is dispute with MH has now been passed to Freds!!/ Cap1 card 6yrs old

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok my post yesterday was a little long and a complete rant!!

In short, I have been getting phone calls from Freds about an account which is in dispute with MH,

no letters were sent prior to this from Freds to say they had been passed the account

and nothing has been heard from MH since Sept last year when I sent them a letter in response to the CCA they sent (2 months after the cut off date)

I have stated I will not discuss the account over the phone and any communication should be in writing,

after I stated this they sent me a letter asking me to phone them to discuss the account :???:

I need some advice really,

do I sent them an account in dispute letter?

Because I had sent MH a letter offering a final reduced payment but received nothing back from them.

Send an SAR and claim all the charges and PPI back?

Becasue I know there were an awful lot of charges as I came across old statements last night

and every month they were charges for being overlimit,

and I noticed some were even added when I weren't over limit which is strange?

Any advice would be much apprecited thank you

Edited by Chrissie1980
too long and abit ranty!

If you suspect there are charges and PPI, then send that SAR asap so you can get reclaiming!

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

yep sar them.

how much are we talking about?

and what does your rcra file says about this debt?

see below noddle is free

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well the debt stands now at £460.68 but looking through old statements the balance at which I stopped using the card was £195, I fell into some financial difficulty and payments slipped and the debt rose to around £700 all of which were charges.

I was on a payment plan which got it down to what it is now but it is abit hazy as to when I last paid towards this debt as I moved house a few times and had had a company trying to get my debts written off which was stupid as I now know I could have done all that myself!!

It is on my file as a default which is due to come off next year. But I do find this unfair as all the £700 bar £195 of it were charges and interest accumulated.

I was also charged according to my statement an overlimit charge when at that stage I was not over limit which in fact did than take me over the limit if that makes sense?

noddle is a cra

see below

looks like you need get reclaimig me thinks!!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no

when did you last use the card in/out?

dx

and they

i would suspect it would be close to the default date.

looks like a reclai ill kill the debt anyhow.

so money to your pocket too

esp if you have PPI as well.

lets await the SAR.

dx

and they

I'll send the SAR out and go from there...... Many Thanks for your help!

It is on my credit file, along with a few others which when I check a couple months back were not on there! And these were as far as I was aware from FSF they were written off! So should they still be on my file?

What are the status's of the defaults/markers? Are they listed as settled, satisfied or outstanding?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I am assuming they are outstanding!

which is a little confusing as I have heard nothing from these companies or anyone working on behalf of them for the last 4 years....

. I had an account with First Step Finance back in 2008 and I have written to them requesting a summary on my account before I closed it.

While I was with them I recieved no such summarys although I did receive a couple letters stating accounts had been closed. :???:

Have a quick check and see. If its still outstanding, then you need to write demanding they update or remove the entries. ANy correspondance about this must be address to the compliance manager at the appropriate company.

They are in my open accounts on my credit file so I assume that means they are still active?

If there is a default entered, read it carefully. There will be a status of the debt included. Usually marked "Settled", "Satisfied", "Outstanding" etc.

Hi I am looking on noddle and it only says it is in default, nothing else and the date goes to June 2012 if that helps?? Although a couple of accounts which are old old from 2002 don't have any information before 2011..... which I find really odd!

yes interesting

though noddle does go thru periods whereby this happens.

i'd get two reports for two cra's.

as dfor the june default [is that correct?]

if june is its 6th birthday

then that account should vanish pretty soon then.

dx

and they

A couple of accounts say there is no information just a red D but nothing saying default or anything, but these were updated recently which is really confusing :???: as these are accounts from way back and all contact was ceased about 4 years ago! And I do believe they should no longer be on my file, and when I looked at my file on experian these were not present!

There is also another couple of accounts which I thought would have been on there but are not, as they contacted me last year and I sent them a CCA request but they could not provide me with it, so does that mean they have removed them from my file?? and these accounts were around the same time as all the other accounts when I was young and stupid! So why are tey not on there but the others are????? I am so confused right now haha

its the default date you are interested in

accounts can be 'updated' but the default dates do not change.

i'd get two reports from two cra's to be clear.

as for those that dont show

it maybe they have already fallen off [ a default & the account should be removed from CRA's following the defaults 6th birthday, regardless

of them being paid or not]

if that is the case then i would also assume the debts to statute barred.

dx

and they

Thanks dx, most of them will be up next year! as they defaults were added 2007..... a couple are this year!

But what is odd is on my credit card it shows a reduce in the balance of £1 back in 2010 but I have no idea why as I haven't paid anything on this account since 2007!

didn't cca them did you?

and they used that ?

dx

and they