FLM quick loan, advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I took a £500 loan from FLM quick on 07/2011 with the agreed repayment of £48.70 per month. I am the debtor and my brother is the guarantor.

Okay so I lost my job due to a RTA in january and I've ended up on JSA while im looking for work, (haven't missed a single payment to FLM always on time) but the £48.70 a month is a real struggle whilst on JSA. This is the first month im not able to pay, its due on the 14th.

Now my brother and his mrs are expecting a child so if at all possible I dont want to this to be taken from him (he really can't afford it now) so was curious to see if theres any way to reduce the payment at all or any advice ? sorry no idea about these things really, im quite niave :(

Another thing that is frustrating me hugely, is the fact i have been repaying this £500 loan for 12 months now, at 48.70 - 52.28 each month, and my outstanding balance is £475.48. Which means ive managed to pay off less than £25 in one year?

Feeling very stuck at the moment, as I've been selling my belongings to cover the repayments but now I have nothing left to sell really, and its clearly not going to be payed off for years and years @ £25/year.

Any advice would be greatly appriecated, sorry if this makes little sense as its 5:25am and I've been up all night worrying ha ;/

Thanks in advance

You are on benefits. Tell the pdl this and give them £1 a month to be reviewed every 3 months. This is the absolute most you dhould bd oaying them if you are on benefits.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

They can try. But you technically are still payong the debt. Just at a very reduced rate.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D