Help with Council Tax debt.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a similar situation and I was wondering if there is a way around Charge for payment of Money.

My Council tax relates to 2006-7, I was a student at the time and provided the council with a letter from the institute.

I was not aware that the council did not accept it and wanted a form stamped by the College; I assume it was settled and moved on.

4 Years on, I received a call from Sterling Park asking for outstanding debt, I explained them they situation, they advised me to contact the council and put my account on hold for 14 days.

I was sending letters back n forth to the council and one fine day a Sherrif Officer turned up at my place and handed me a Charge for payment of money, it states that there were Summary Warrants issued against me in March and August 2008; I have no idea of those.

Current Situation:

The council is not ready to accept the original letter and needs a new form attested by the college, the college was down-south and is now under a new administration, they don't have the data to confirm.

14 days are over and Sterling Park has added £74 to the payment. Council won't advise them to stop while I attempt to convince the college to look into their old records.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mo

Hello and Welcome, Mo.

I've moved your post to a thread of it's own.

The first thing you'll know about the summary warrant is when you receive the Charge for Payment.

A summary warrant is granted by the sheriff on the application of local and central government seeking to recover unpaid taxes, duties and similar levies. The sheriff grants a warrant which authorises the use of diligence to recover the sum due.

Until you get the college to back up your claims I'm not really sure what you can do, surely it won't be too difficult for them to confirm you attended.

If you end up having to pay this debt, you can apply for a Time to Pay order...........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?185249-Have-you-received-a-charge-for-payment-arrestment-summary-warrant

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert