style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4338 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I have a letter addressed to me from RLP - it suggests i have caused financial loss to Wilkinsons stores?

from some searching im assuming this is shoplifting - the letter asks i pay £135 or they will take me to court?

What i find odd is that i have never been accused of a crime by Wilkinsons nor been questioned by their staff? how shoudl i approach this as i don't want lots of hassle, but equaly am concerned at who they are and how they have my contact details?

any help would be great

What does the letter say, when is it dated. ?

If you havnt been accused by Wilkinson then maybe someone used your name ?

Normally it is suggested you either ignore this or send a simple letter that any sum is owing, but you may wish to take a different course of action in order to get your details removed (it is known that RLp operate a 'database'). I would of thought that Wilkinson hold some CCTV of the alleged incident.

Andy

Strange!

If you have never been stopped for shoplifting (or more importantly have never shoplifted from Wilkinsons, for that may well open a can of worms), then you need have no fear in writing back and demanding that they remove all of your personal information from ALL of their databases and issue written confirmation to that effect. State for the record that you are not the person to whom they think they are writing for reasons X, Y and Z and that they should immediately cease communication with you save as to confirm that your information has been deleted.

Is it possible that an acquaintance may have given your details having been caught?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Could be, good thinking.

Strange!

If you have never been stopped for shoplifting (or more importantly have never shoplifted from Wilkinsons, for that may well open a can of worms), then you need have no fear in writing back and demanding that they remove all of your personal information from ALL of their databases and issue written confirmation to that effect. State for the record that you are not the person to whom they think they are writing for reasons X, Y and Z and that they should immediately cease communication with you save as to confirm that your information has been deleted.

Is it possible that an acquaintance may have given your details having been caught?

I'm going to reply asking firstly how they have obtained my details, then asking they remove me from their databases.

Would I be allowed to view any CCTV footage? Or have images ?!Just as a thought as clearly someone has provided my details - the CCTV may allow me to identify them?

http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_the_public/topic_specific_guides/cctv.aspx

I'm going to reply asking firstly how they have obtained my details, then asking they remove me from their databases.

Would I be allowed to view any CCTV footage? Or have images ?!Just as a thought as clearly someone has provided my details - the CCTV may allow me to identify them?

First off, DO NOT PAY A PENNY, do not even THINK about paying, get that thought out of your head because it ain't happenin hon :)

Second, CCTV, CCTV, and more CCTV. Write a freedom of information request to the store in question, quoting the dates and times you were (not) shoplifting from the store. They are obliged to respond to a FOI request within 40 days. Big brother is annoying, but in times like these, he can also be our best ally.

Write to RLP stating you are not the person they seem to think has done this, and request, as someone else here says, that they cease communicating with you. Warn them that all future corespondence will be treated as harrassment.

I want to know how the heck RLP got your address and details, I think you have a very nasty aquantance or 'friend' who has been shoplifting from this store and given them your details. Go through your networks and think who this could be. Have you given personal info out on sites like facebook or by text message?

Inform CAB, they are very good at dealing with RLP and should offer you the advice you need to clear your name, and may even help Wilkinsons get to the bottom of this. CAB are always keeping tabs on RLP, they are there to help. It is worth informing them of this, if nothing else it will help add to the bad press RLP gets and deserves.

Second, CCTV, CCTV, and more CCTV. Write a freedom of information request to the store in question, quoting the dates and times you were (not) shoplifting from the store. They are obliged to respond to a FOI request within 40 days. Big brother is annoying, but in times like these, he can also be our best ally.

Just to clarify - that is a Subject Access Request, not a FOI request. the latter can only be made to a public body, not a private company. Otherwise absolutely agree with your post.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!