Amazon just closed my account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First post, please dont kill me!

Okay so I just checked my inbox whilst having a coffee and choked. Looks like Amazons closed my account!

Ive returned quite a few things for LEGIT reasons, such as things failing (and me detailing proof of them not working). Yet, Ive just got an email, and theyve closed accounts of mine that were years old! About four email addresses. Email is below:

Dear (My Name),

My name is Liam O'Shea and I represent

Executive Customer Relations within Amazon.co.uk. One of our mandates is to address the most acute account and order problems, and in this capacity your account and orders have been brought to my attention.

A careful review of your account and related accounts indicates that you have required refunds on a large majority of

your orders for a variety of reasons.

In the normal course of business, the occasional problem is inevitable. The rate at which such problems have occurred

on your account is extraordinary, however, and cannot continue. Effective immediately, your Amazon account is closed and you are no longer able to shop with Amazon.co.uk.

Please know that any accounts related to

this have also been closed. If you were to open a new account, the same will result and it will also be closed. In the event that you attempt to do so, we will not accep tthe return of any additional orders, nor will we issue further refunds in connection with any future orders. We appreciate your cooperation in

refraining from using our web site.

If you require additional assistance, or have any concerns, feel free to contact me directly at (email

removed)

Please do not make contact through the

standard Customer Service channels again, as they will no longer be able to assist you.

Thank you for your attention to this

email.

Regards,

Liam OShea

Executive Customer

Relations

Amazon.co.uk

Ive bought about a million things from them, and most of them still have their 1 Year warranties still rolling. Invoices are still on the account! What do I do? (Not to mention, ive still got Amazon Prime!) and have things that need to be shipped off to them in my hallway. Contacting them was pointless, responded to this blokes email, and nothing.

Can anyone help? Lol

Thanks, Aman.

Edited by citizenB
reformatted for easier reading

When you say you have things ready to be shipped back to them - are these more returns ?

I imagine if you have been returning an unusual amount of items, then they are almost certainly wanting to end the relationship - I doubt there is anything you can do really.

I think Amazon Prime carries a fee, doesnt it? If so, you need to get that stopped/refunded.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

LOL Yep more returns - a printer that doesnt work properley and another one that keeps emitting smoke.

I get their point actually, whats scared me is that they've passed my account onto 'The investigations team' for whatever reason.

Prime - Yes £50. Would it be worth getting it refunded? Ive used Amazon prime a lot so I think they'd say no.

If they are closing the account then I think they should probably refund any fees. Dont hold your breath though.

If you have faulty products then they should accept them back - or perhaps if you ahve purchased them using credit/debit cards you can do charge backs.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Aman

Welcome to CAG

We don't like giving up on issues, I think you realize that Amazon have genuine concerns as to the way your accounts have been operated. They haven't taken this action lightly. If everyone did exactly the same they wouldn't have a business. If you can justify your 'Returns' and feel aggrieved then write a

Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such, explain whats happened, why you think they have let you down and what you want them to do. I would apologize and say that it was not your intention to run the account in such a manner. That way they might let you return any existing items.

Send it to:-

Christopher North, Chief Executive

[email protected]

Some tips:- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1242161/How--write-letter-complaint.html

How many items have you bought in the last year or two - and how many have you returned?

The part where they state if you do manage to open a new account they will not accept returns is unlawful as its trying to contract out of the distance selling regulations.

Edited by Bang!

rebel11: Thank you for your suggestion. Im writing it now! Can I PM you it just to make sure its been checked over by someone else who has got experience in this? Im not too good with language ie complaint letters, I got an A in GCSE English language but everyone calls me rude. a lot. Dont want to get rude to these lot LOL.

Bang! : Erm, Id say 200 items in the last two years, 20 returned. Roughly. Yodel lost some of the items too whilst returning!

Haha I dont really want to tell them 'Oi nice try getting out of the DSR law dude. Now, my returns please..' LOL.

Miss read that to begin with, thought you'd returned 200 items lol.

20 in 2 years will be more than they are happy with. They expect maybe 1 or 2 a year if you buy loads from them and they have so many people buying from them they can pick and choose people as they see fit.

I had an account where i used to sell a lot from but then amazon started selling the same items and closed my account and said it was breach of contract and would never explain in any more detail.

There a law un to them selves..

Edited by nohope

Miss read that to begin with, thought you'd returned 200 items lol.

Yep I realised you were editing, by the '..' cos i checked my email which had your intial reply and i was like 'NOOO I DIDNT RETURN 200! DUDE REALLY?!'

I mean 10% of items, come on! I admit most of the items that I returned were quite high value (thats probably why), but most of the stuff I used to get a direct replacement, no refunds anyway. And the stuff I used to write 'FRAGILE: HANDLE WITH CARE' always used to go missing via the courier i used to ship stuff back to them (Never used yodel after they lost my stuff!) - Two beats headphones, two SSD's in the same box, a printer and a tritton headset. I dont get why all four of my accounts have been closed completley, cant log in, cant get RMA labels and the whole account has been passed onto the 'Investigations team'. (I swear when they said this I was like ohgawd im in trouble now! Some police 'kick-your-door-in' thing - And considering I got exams coming up, I really dont need thas now!

Ive got like two printers worth £225 each in my hallway ready for them to take, and I really dont wanna be charged!

I was in the process of ordering A level Physics, Chemistry and Maths books for prep for sixth form next year and there you go, amazon wouldnt accept my password. Checked my phone and wow, this Liam bloke had emailed to tell me 'stop using amazon, your damaging our profit margins'. I was in such a mood to troll :mad2: lol.

I so want my account back! im like 15 but use amazon nearly everyday. I think that they might be thinking that ive nicked the stuff myself that the courier has lost...

Looks like Liam OShea replied:

Dear My name,

As your account has been closed, you will need to send the items back to the

address below. Once any returning items are inspected and processed, the

appropriate action will be taken.

Amazon Fulfilment Centre,

Amazon Way,

Dunfermline

East Business Parks

Dunfermline,

Fife,

KY11 8ST

Please mark the reason for return clearly and include the original packing slip if

possible. If you do not have the packing slip, please mark the item with the

order number or email address of the account used to place the order. If sending

back multiple items from more than one shipment, please mark each item

clearly.

Thank you for your attention to this email.

Regards,

Liam OShea

Executive Customer Relations

Amazon.co.uk

[Link removed]

==========================

Who knows what this 'appropriate action' is lol. I just replied asking for the contact details of someone more senior and the UK registered address.

Also asked if I can somehow work with Amazon and negotiate to get my account back. I think thats out of the window..

Edited by Amanha

Did I read this right.. you are 15 years old ??

BCOBS

Erm... Yes.

Looks like no help from here now it seems?

Not at all - why would you think that ?

BCOBS

Not at all - why would you think that ?

Haha sorry, I remember work experience I got stuck somewhere, made an account on a forum, accidentley told em i was 14 and they got rude. Plus I dont write like a typical east london teenager so yeah! Sorry for the assumption dude.

Anywaaaaay back on topic LOL, looks like Amazon hate me :L

This 'action' things getting me worried :!:

Hi dude,

Theres two officejet 8600 plus'es. One of them the scanner doesnt work properley (jams up, doesnt scan, images come out garbled, makes a defening noise), the other one has some sort of electrical problem, where printing something causes power spikes and fuse blows (tested this via a plug-in power monitor). Amazon shipped me a replacement, and suprise suprise when I went to print out the returns label on the new unit, they close my account.

First fault can be easily figured out when turning the unit on and scanning pages, the second one, you need to start printing quite a bit and view the full power usage that spikes up. Fuse blows too.

Hewlett Packard advised me, as the unit is under 30 days old, contact the retailer.

I am not saying that you are wrong in your conduct with amazon but if they know you are only 15 and you are ordering a lot of items and returning hem they may be right to close your account. Why did you have 4 accounts? can you not ask your parents to order what you need?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

I am not saying that you are wrong in your conduct with amazon but if they know you are only 15 and you are ordering a lot of items and returning hem they may be right to close your account. Why did you have 4 accounts? can you not ask your parents to order what you need?

I havent given them my age.

I would ask my parents, but their usually rushed off their feet with work etc, so I order the stuff and sign for it.

Technically theyve told me not to shop with them anymore. Not my mum or dad. Dad did say he would open up an account under his own name, but its kinda awkward.. me and him got the same name (Im junior, hes senior) - Wonder what they would say to that! :wink:

Oh it was three accounts, not four as stated in the first post.

One was the main one where everyone ordered everything.

Another was to get a gift for the parents, didnt want them to know so ordered there XD

Third one was totally blank, created by accident.

Who pays for these orders? do you or do your parents? if they pay by credit or debit card then i would have thought the account would be in their name anyway. Sorry but i dont think you have much of a chance of reopening your accounts though.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Hi assisted blonde;

I pay for them out of my own money (which i made) & my own debit card lol.

Yeh tbh ive given up hope of getting my account back anyway, dont expect a reply from christopher north either.

From what I can work out (via reaserch on google), even if i do create a new account, they'll just close it. And again, just close it. And again. And again. :!: And its a lifetime a ban.

I can in theory change all my details, (format of cardholder name too), apart from the delivery address. Im trying to evaluate if they would just find the account and close it, as I do use amazon a fair bit for books etc.