A nice surprise from Tesco...

itpays2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

While doing a shop at Tesco's I purchased an item costing £11.66. While checking my receipt I discovered I had been charged twice for the item. I immediately returned to customer services who were most helpful. After a lot of toing and froing and consulting with different members of staff I learned I was going to be refunded. I got double the cost of the item, £11.66 x 2 = £23.32 plus the item.

So as my site name reads, itpays2. :yo:

This policy has been in Tesco for a long time and I never ever leave the shop without checking my receipt because of this.

In fact, if your carefull and check the dates on the yellow deal shelf labels you can get yourself some great deals.

ie, if a deal has ended but the label remains on the shelf, if the new price is higher then they will give you double the difference and keep the item.

Never question the price at the till, keep quiet and sort it at customer services.

Don't go crazy or they might refuse you.

And remember, they squeeze you for every penny so you squeeze them back.

Thanks to sneaksms and ashmk for comments!

I don't recall previous small overcharges being corrected in this fashion. They will be in future. :violin: