Letters I can send to Debt companies while I sort some things out.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any letter templates I could send to debt companies while I sort my funds out.

I am just starting to prepare and send out SAR letters to a total of 4 companies in regards to credit cards, store cards, and catalogue debts. I can't afford to send them all off at once as my JSA payment won't stretch that far.

Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?609-Can-t-find-the-letter-you-want-Look-here

Loads of letters for different scenarios in the link above. But as ims has suggested, if you would like to give us more detail, perhaps we can advise further/differently.

If you are looking to set up a DIY Debt managment plan, then have a read of the following and then perhaps contact one of the agencies mentioned - they will also be able to provide you with template letters and budget sheets.

If you are experiencing difficulty in repaying your debts, CASHflow is a way for you to negotiate affordable repayments with your creditors. Before you can use CASHflow, you must have spoken to one of the free advice agencies licensed to offer CASHflow to their clients. The advice agency will start by talking to you about all of the options available, and can help you to decide if CASHflow is the right one for you.

If you decide to use CASHflow, you will be provided with all of the tools you need to be able to complete your own financial statement and negotiate offers of repayment with creditors yourself. This will enable you to stay in control of your situation, but still have support from an adviser at any stage if you need it.

You can contact a local advice agency to check if they offer CASHflow. You can find a list of free advice agencies that are near to you by searching for a money adviser in England or Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland.

Alternatively, you can call National Debtline on 0808 808 4000

CASHflow: http://www.cashflow.uk.net/

National Debtline: http://www.nationaldebtline.co.u k/

https://www.mymoneysteps.org/

Also as highlighted in the CAG newsletter...

There is the new CAB system that might also be worth a look, this system saves all your details, has guidance allowance figures to work with if you wish and you do not need to be invited / signed off etc with this system, just log in and away you go (see below)

(Also, there are a number of other self help tools and systems around so might be worth a little exploration if this is what you eventually decide on.)

http://mymoney.nedcab.org.uk/moneyadvice/

http://mymoney.nedcab.org.uk/moneyadvice/ (example of completed dmp)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

if you are on jsa

its £1PCM end off TOUGH LUCK creditors!!

they MUST help you

by freezign interest and refraining from PENALTY charges

better you LIST your debts please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any letter templates I could send to debt companies while I sort my funds out.

I am just starting to prepare and send out SAR letters to a total of 4 companies in regards to credit cards, store cards, and catalogue debts. I can't afford to send them all off at once as my JSA payment won't stretch that far.

Any help would be appreciated.

What do you expect to get from a SAR? What sort of letter templates are you after?

I'm looking to claim back all of my late charges etc from all of them, hoping for some success with that to lower the amount owed to a manageable level. I want to get them take a suspension of payment or a reduced amount and freeze interest and charges like someone else suggested.

think it would be better to list your debts

i'm concerned you mention debt companies here

have you checked they have all the corret paperwork etc etc

to even collect money from you?

do they sow on your cra file?

see below

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok, so the list is

Dorothy Perkins / Lewis group £80

Barclay card/Mercers £600

HSBC CC £550

Very/NDR £900

do they sow on your cra file?

What now?

Oh also does anyone have the contact details for DP I want to make sure I send the payment offer letters to the right address.

Dx meant, have you checked your credit file with experian, equifax or callcredit to see if any info is listed there?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

i would suspect that the perkins and very are 90% PENALTY charges

you need to fire off an SAR to each

and get reclaiming

pers for now

i'd b ignoring the DCA demands.

get that CRA file too

see below

noddle is free

dx

and they

Ok, so the list is

Dorothy Perkins / Lewis group £80

Barclay card/Mercers £600

HSBC CC £550

Very/NDR £900

What now?

Oh also does anyone have the contact details for DP I want to make sure I send the payment offer letters to the right address.

Dorothy Perkins cards are managed by Santander arent they ? Arcadia Group act as intermediary..

Santander Cards UK Limited.

Registered office:

2 Triton Square,

Regent’s Place,

London, NW1 3AN.

Dorothy Perkins Retail Limited,

Colegrave House,

70 Berners Street,

London W1T 3NL.

If you have a letter or statement from Dorothy Perkins, I would check out the addresses on those first.

You should send any correspondence to their registered/head office - they will make sure it gets to the right section.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

i would suspect that the perkins and very are 90% PENALTY charges

you need to fire off an SAR to each

dx

Yeah, That's what I'm planning to do but as I said I can't do all of them at once.

• 10 months later...

Okay so I have now sent CCA request letters to the creditors

Barclaycard say they are looking for the CCA.

Very say they can't help with the CCA as it has been sold to Lowell but they will forward my letter to them.

HSBC haven't replied yet.

Santander say they can't give me the CCA as I have paid all of the money via an agent and they have closed the account.

So what now?

Okay so I have now sent CCA request letters to the creditors

Barclaycard say they are looking for the CCA. Don't hold your breath, especially if the account was pre 2007 !

Very say they can't help with the CCA as it has been sold to Lowell but they will forward my letter to them. Right, so Very were the original DCA and the account has now been moved on. Lowell will need to refer to the original creditor as they wont have been given the paperwork.. Just a list of accounts and addresses and balances. Did they return the £1.00 fee because you would have made that out to Very !

HSBC haven't replied yet. - These usually take quite a long time to respond - very unlikely you will receive a response within the statutory time scales.

Santander say they can't give me the CCA as I have paid all of the money via an agent and they have closed the account. Eh ! You need to respond to this one. Was the account assigned to the agent and the financial relationship ended in the last 6 years ? If not, then they should still have a copy of the agreement.

So what now?

Whilst these companies have failed to comply with your s78 requests then they are unable to take action which would lead to litigation.

BCOBS

Have Lowells made contact with you yet, to advise they are now owners of the debt ?

BCOBS

Barclaycard was pre 2007, I never hold my breath, unless underwater.

Very didn't return the fee and yes they were the original company. Lowell hasn't made contact yet.

HSBC are no surprise and they have sent me a letter to say that they have also send the debt to Lowell. I sent the CCA request to them before they sent me that letter anyway.

Santander, was through a DCA and the financial relationship ended this year.

Yes they have, but as far as I have reas you send a CCA to the original company you took the credit out with.

Yes, that is correct. As I said above, I doubt they would have sent the agreement to Lowells so I find their response very strange indeed.

Barclaycard was pre 2007, I never hold my breath, unless underwater.

Very didn't return the fee and yes they were the original company. Lowell hasn't made contact yet.

HSBC are no surprise and they have sent me a letter to say that they have also send the debt to Lowell. I sent the CCA request to them before they sent me that letter anyway.

Santander, was through a DCA and the financial relationship ended this year.

Hmm, I am a little concerned that Lowells appear to have 2 of your debts which I think puts them in control of balances in excess of £750. Lowells are extremely unpleasant and have been issuing stat demands like they are confetti.

I don't think you would have any problems getting any demand set aside because there is a breach of s78 obligations, plus of course there appears to be a huge amount of charges that you are attempting to reclaim.

If you receive anything unpleasant from Lowells - let us know immediately and we can help you respond and or make application to have any demand set aside.

BCOBS

Okay, thanks a lot!

So how should I proceed with Very? Think I should write to them and say that they should have it so I want it? Actually so you mean that as they haven't provided the CCA, they have breached the obligation?

Oh and also after Santander fobbed me of they happened to tell me that I had PPi on the account which is absurd as I was a student at the time. So do you think I can get them to send me the break down/ statements where PPI was charged?

Okay, thanks a lot!

So how should I proceed with Very? Think I should write to them and say that they should have it so I want it? Actually so you mean that as they haven't provided the CCA, they have breached the obligation?

If Very are the original creditor then they should supply the agreement - it will be in their possession. So yes, they have failed to comply with their obligations under the s78 request.

It matters not that they have assigned the account to Lowells, unless Very confirms that they have given ALL the data, including the agreement to Lowells when it was assigned, then they should have it in their files.

I would perhaps respond to Very along the lines of..

RE CCA 1974 Request

I am in receipt of your response to my s78 request dated XYZ.

Your reply is ambiguous and I believe you are attempting to mislead me. Are you advising that you no longer have the agreement in your possession, because it has been passed to Lowells on assignment or that it is no longer in your possession because it has been destroyed, mislaid, or was never in existence ?

It is my understanding that if I were to send the request to Lowells, they would have to "refer back to the original creditor" for a copy.

Therefore, I must insist you confirm - do you have the original agreement in your possession?

BCOBS

yes or sar them

those that have not supplied the CCA within 12+2 days

fire off the failure to complt letter

and stop any payments

NO-ONE get any money off you unless they supply a CCA - end off!

[the CCA request should always be directed at who is demanding the money be that an OC or a DCA.

cash cowing here is starting to emerge

hows that CRA file coming along?

dx

and they

Oh and also after Santander fobbed me of they happened to tell me that I had PPi on the account which is absurd as I was a student at the time. So do you think I can get them to send me the break down/ statements where PPI was charged?

You would need to send a Subject Access Request to Santander - this will cost you £10.00. This is a request for ALL data in respect of your financial relationship with them. They have 40 calendar days to comply, after which time you can either take your complaint to the Information Commissioner or issue a claim against them for non compliance with the DPA 1998.

Although the request is for All data, you should specifically mention that you require statements, communication log, copies of policy documents.

I agree it would have definitely been a mis sold policy had you had the insurance applied to your account, so it would certainly be worth checking. Do you not have any old statements hidden away ?

BCOBS