Going forward

Natwest and Experto Crerdite

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2658 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

HI guys

I received a letter from Natwest stating that they have been trying to contact me for outstanding debts that I did not know about (they have not), they have now passed it onto Experto who will be contacting me.

They have supplied no details so I do not know what this pertains to, so should I phone Natwest directly, or should I wait for Experto to contact me?

I have now for the first time in years applied for my credit file to see if anything has been put on there.

IN the past I would have ignored these letters, but this forum really has helped me to be proactive.

Thank you in advance.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?428-General-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

If you dont know what the debt(s) are, send the letter in the link above.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

See what Experto come up with, they will state an amount and who by also possible account number, so may jog your memory?

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

One of them was for an account that was closed about 5 or so years ago. A m unsure of the other one.

Shall I telephone Natwest directly with the number they gave me on their letter, or shall I wait for Experto to contact me?

no dont ringg

await the cra file

or use noddle below

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Wait for Experto I would suggest, Natwest probably say they have passed to Experto anyway to contact them, is what I think at this stage, Experto usually pretty quick if they think they can get a quick buck with their threatograms etc. and implied rights ( not).

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Experto Credite = Experts in meaningless missives and deforestation...

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks guys,

One of the accounts I recognize as a current account I used to have with Natwest before they terminated my account as I got into financial difficulties.

That was around March 2006. I remember this because I had to go to another bank to open an account and that was in April 2006.

Does this mean that it is un-chaseable after 6 years? I don't mind paying, but am wondering why it has taken them so long to contact me.

correct ignore them

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

You would not have received a Default notice for a current account - So I think you would start timing this from the last payment you made into the overdraft.

Many DCAs will argue that limitation accrues from the time when the "default notice" is issued. It does not.

Limitation clock starts ticking from when the payment is due and not paid not when they send a default notice.

We see often that CRA entries will date 5 or 6 months ahead of when the payment was missed.

People need to be sure that they aren’t being hoodwinked and that the DCA is extending limitation so they can sue when they are not allowed to.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You would not have received a Default notice for a current account - So I think you would start timing this from the last payment you made into the overdraft.

I have just checked my credit file (could not get into the others for some reason) and there is a default for a current account on there. Thankfully, it was put on in August 2006, but has been updated in May of this year so am unsure what to do. Shall I wait?

matters not the 'file' has been updated

august is your 6yrs date

but as they take a few months to 'put' the defasult up

i suspect its already SB'ed. if you have made no financial transactions sinc before the default?

you'll get a discount letter soon i expect!

one last try before you findout they've not a leg to stand on

beggign letters!!

dx

spreadsheets