Budgeting Loans (Jobseekers)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have 101different reasons for applying for a budgeting loan. But I feel that I might get refused.

What are the best reasons to give,? After all,the money is still going to be repaid so I dont see why one reason should be better than the other....but that's just the way it is . Im up to my eyes in 101 different types of debt that has built up since I lost my job and I need to get some of it paid quickly.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

list your debts

there are ways like reclaiming to reduce that what is owed.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just select the tick boxes on the form that are relevant to what you are applying for.

There is a part of the form that asks about any debts you have - it's very important to complete this because it is used to calculate the repayment rate. Someone with no debt with make higher repayments over a shorter period of time than someone with lots of debt who would make lower repayments over a longer period of time. It's interest free.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

As long as you meet the qualifying condition receiving Income Support, Income Related ESA, Income Based JSA or Pension Credit for at least 26 weeks then you can make the application.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/moneytaxandbenefits/benefitstaxcreditsandothersupport/on_a_low_income/dg_10018905

This link also covers the list of what you can apply for although not exhaustive it covers most things.

All you can do is be honest in your application nobody should/can tell you what to put on your form