Paid Referral Fees Anyone?!?

Don Quioxte
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1870 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On my student additions account Barclay have a system whereby they apply automatically a "paid referral fee" of £10 when you quote "..exceed your overdraft limit by £25 or more"...

I want to calculate these charges along with the more expensive returned direct debit/cheque fees (typically £25). My only concern is that because the paid referral fee is under the OFTs published £12 threshold that this might weaken my case..

should I proceed to demand refund for the paid referral fees too (heck, I know it doesn't cost them £10 to send the automatic letter anyway!!)?

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

Just claim for it. The OFT thing is just a recommendation. It's not set in stone.

And it doesn't say anywhere it is retrospective. The banks will try and use it to fob you off though.

Abbey (Charges on 3 accounts and default on my credit record) - DPA letter sent 30/03/06 - 40 days limit is 9th May - Recieved DPA printouts 05/04/06 with microfiche "fob off" letter. <p>Barclaycard (Charges on 1 account and default on my credit record) - DPA letter sent 03/04/06 - 40 days limit is 13th May - Recieved some statements 08/04/06 along with DPA printout and a microfiche "fob off" letter. Claim for £340 sent 11/04/06

• 6 years later...

Hi DQ,

If you simply write asking for a refund of Reserve Usage fee or the default charges, Barclays will turn you down flat.

The OFT's £12 ceiling that you refer to was set with regard to credit card, loan and catalogue a/c's.

If you are suffering Financial Hardship (quite likely if you're a student) you could try reclaiming the default charges by referring to The Lending Code - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?557-Letter-for-an-application-for-consideration-for-hardship

If you have a credit card where penalty charges have been added, you can reclaim these in full, regardless of whether they're at or below the £12 OFT ceiling.

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 6 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1870 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks