• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

HBOS PPI reclaim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK lets start again.

The link dx gave you was to a spreadsheet called "fosCISheetV101"

Here it is again

FosCISheet v101.xls

Download it to your PC and save it. Then open it in your Excel program,

Enter a date in a date cell and see if it comes up as dd/mm/yy

When you get as far as format cells you should then get a box that comes up with a number if tabs.

One of them says "number" and in there is a list of formats. Custom is the bottom one and Date is the 5th one down.

Do you get the box with this list in it?

NO ..and another thing when I have now set it to dd/mm/yyyy...when I click in the amount of charge field the dates go back to d/m/yy

but there are figures in the months elapsed but still #VALUE in compund interest fields

You are, I assume, using an English version of Windows?

You may need to go to the Windows Control panel and change the locale settings there for date and time formats

I started all over again....and went to format ....English (uk) and then clicked on 14/03/2001 formaqt and clicked ok..

Then when I went to put into claim FROM box the date 05/07/2005 and clicked in the CLAIM to box to put 03/06/2010...the CLAIM FROM box flipped back to date 07/05/2005 which is not a date I want to claim from

Whats going on...

Edited by means2anend

I think I'll give it a rest for now hee hee my head is hurting..but thanks ims for your time...I think a good nights sleep and starting over a fresh tomorrow may work...anyway I alot nearer to working out the spreadsheet than I was a few hours ago

:-)

always look on the bright side ...It's good to face challenges and even better overcoming them...small steps at a time

Cant wait to get hang of these spreadsheets....

Night all!!!

Hello the time stamp on the message is an hour out...my telly and computer say 10.43 but the message I just did about 30 seconds ago says 21.41...whats going on..is there some sort of electric static in the night skys caused by alien aircraft or something...my head is banging I think I'm gonna rest..but is it me or is it something objectively wrong with CAG message timestamp...

Could that be causing probs with my Excel???

Oh well Terminator's on might as well watch it for the nth time

Good Morning ims.....i have downloaded a fresh copy of the spreadsheet from your link above and deleted my previous copy....I also went into 'regional options for languages' in Control Panel and made a rew adjustments..i.e I changed format from 5/6/2012 to 05/06/2012

In the date and time icon which is a different icon in control panel i made sure that date is also displayed in format dd/mm/yyyy

In the new spreadsheet I immediately opened format>cells>english (uk)>14/03/2001>clicked ok>close>save.....

However when I next open the spreadsheet...the date format reverts back to Armenian....

Shall i keep it in Armenian by default because there IS a date format in the format 14/03/2001 anyway

What do you think...I mean at least this way I dont have to keep on reverting backwards and forwards....

Also in the CLAIM TO box the latest date is put in by default.....to 05/06/2012... although on the CUST Transaction Sheet with SAR it shows last date as 03/06/2010 which is the date I wish to put in...or does that not matter...

AND FINALLY...why does my date in the claim from box when I put in date 05/07/2005 (the claim FROM date)...why does it flip to 07/05/2005 once I click on the next box.

.I want to CLAIM FROM 05/07/2005 .........NOT........ 07/05/2005

Thanks ims

Edited by means2anend

EXCELLENT!!!......Pls IGNORE ABOVE POST

The claim FROM box actually shows 05/07/2005 and the TO box is now showing 03/06/2010..so thats fine

The date format is fine now as the months elapsed column is descending from 59 downwards and date fromat has now settled dd/mm/yyyy...I left it in Armenian but in 14/03/2001 fomat

HOWEVER..the Compound Interest column is constantly showing in a descending order....#VALUE...even though I have put the APR 19.9% into that box......Progress IS being made...but why is there a continous #VALUE in that Column?

Also why has the 16 digit Account Number gone into a form of formulaic shorthand that does not look like the account number at all?

Thanks ims

I shall wait upon your instruction otherwise I gonna have to input all the dates and charges AGAIN

Edited by means2anend

Hi

To cure the account number change the number format of the cell to "Number". This usually happens when the account number is too long. Most account numbers are about 8 digits long.

Can you post up your spreadsheet for me to have a look at....I haven't had this level of problem with it before.

ims

Good morning ims

Yes I just got to thinking that I am putting in the Credit Card Number and NOT Account Number...shall input Account number instead thanks for that....as for Sheet yes shall post that up I shall copy and paste a section...it is below

PERSONAL DETAILS CLAIM CALCULATION

Claimant Name: Total of Charges £0.00

Lender Name: MBNA

Compound Interest #VALUE!

Account Number:

Claim From: 05/07/2005 Claim To: 03/06/2010 Total #VALUE!

Interest Rate (APR): 19.90%

"Date of

Charge" Description "Amount of Charge" "Number of

Months Elapsed" "Compound Interest"

05/07/2005 Posted Credit Insurance Fees £2.80 59 #VALUE!

03/08/2005 Posted Credit Insurance Fees £2.72 58 #VALUE!

05/09/2005 Posted Credit Insurance Fees £2.71 57 #VALUE!

04/10/2005 Posted Credit Insurance Fees £2.70 56 #VALUE!