Fredrickson/Talk Talk

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Earlier this week I received a letter from FPC - a standard "we are seeking this person at your address" phishing letter which i duly ignored.

Yesterday I was surprised to then get a letter Before action from them. It's on behalf of Talk Talk and for £662.66 - with their "fees" £787.66.

I've never had any dealings with Talk Talk so am wondering where this is from. Of course I am about to send them a SAR, but genuinely baffled as to what to do after this. I assume that some kind of Data Protection has been breached if they have just randomly assigned me a debt from a company I have no dealings with.

I am hoping someone can help me try and sort this out.

Wait. So they didn't you you lived at the address, then they sent out private information to the occupant?

Their fees are unenforceable and the letter before action needs to be sent to the OFT, trading standards etc as it is threatening in nature.

What you could do if you want to let them know you do live at the address is send a prove it letter, but make sure you head the letter " I do not acknowledge any debt to you, your partners or your representatives".

It's not uncommon for a DCA to invent a claim hoping that you will be unaware so they can use you as a cash cow.

If i were you, i would sent the prove it letter with the header. Then ignore anything they send you unless they can prove that you owe the debt. Remember, don't chase them up. It is up to THEM to prove you owe the debt. Not for you to prove you dont.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

HI thanks for the reply.

Have been quite busy with real life so not had chance to respond. Today i got a letter from Bryan Carter for the same debt. I guess I should still send the prove it letter and see what happens?

I am half amused and half angry at this, especially as the timing of each letter I've received are almost less than a week apart.

Hi

DO NOT send a SAR. If they responded to your request and you are not the debtor. The Data Protection Act would come into play and they would be breaking the law by sending you data to which you are not entitled (as you say, this debt is not yours)

I would write a simple letter saying you opened the letter in error and that you are not the person they are looking for. One letter only!

If they continue chasing then a formal complaint is in order.

As advised already, send a copy of that letter to the OFT. Freds are in breach of the OFTs Debt Collection Guidance by sending you the letter without fully ascertaining you are the debtor they are after.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

To be honest, theyve sent a letter stating that they are looking for someone. You havent had a letter that confirms they know you are there, and now they are sending out letters with confidential info? Blatant breach of regulation and DPA there.

However, DCA's usually send the original letter out when they are fishing for a bite. Chances are the debt may be SB'd or unenforceable. As you state you have never had dealings with talk talk, you have two choices.

Either ignore it or send the prove it letter.

Either way, check your credit file with all 3 agencies to make sure they havent entered any information there.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

check your credit file with all 3 agencies to make sure they havent entered any information there.

Very good point. If they have marked your credit file without your permission, compo claim!

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Ok so apologies if i sound confused. At this point I have not contacted Freds at all either by letter or any other method. I know I need to check my credit file, which I will do asap. So the best thng to do is ignore these letters completely? I am going to contact the OFT about this, but am slightly concerned about what will happen next once the "14 days" to respond expires.

but am slightly concerned about what will happen next once the "14 days" to respond expires.

Nothing apart from another letter!

Letters from DCAs are designed to cause consternation on the recipient. They are generally full of bovine excrement.

We have seen most of what Freds have to offer and they are petty to say the least

Yep. Theyre all the same. have a read of the specific sub forums on this site that deal with those two companies.

And here we go again. less than the 14 days generously given me by Bryan Carter to pay this bill :roll:, i have been sent another letter from Freds. This time they have basically told me off for not responding to BC and offered to reduce the debt if i contact them within 48hours. In stellar timing that has now elapsed - on the day i received the letter.

I still haven't contacted them - even to send a prove it letter, but am maybe considering doing so now...any advice?

If they say they can reduce the debt, then theres something fishy with it. Count be unenforceable could be that they have added on tons of charges that would be very contestable in court.

Hey Guys.

Ive had dealings with fredrickson with regards to a carphonewarehouse alleged debt. I just kept asking for proof that they had been assigned the debt and signed contract. They kept saying that no contract was available due to the fact that this type of account did not require a signed contract. Strange that, because i have a signed contract with my current provider .I sent a letter , they sent a letter. I sent all copies of the letters to the OFT, ICO and the finacial Ombudsman and after nearly 2 months of not hearing from Fredrickson i finaly got the letter i knew i would get from a rogue debt collection agency. the letter confirming that they are no longer instructed to collect the debt on behalf of there client.

Be persistant and just send everything off in a formal complaint against the company. If they do not send you proof within the allocated time frame as set out in the

OFT'sGuidance on sections 77, 78, 79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 - the duty to give information to debtors and the consequences of non-compliance on the enforceability of the agreement.

Check you credit file. If an alleged debt dose not show on your full credit report then it never existed, also it will show if they have searched you files to gather info.

All they do is send letters out to every one with the same name on the off chance that some poor unsuspecting person will just pay them because they are scared of what might happen.

I have so much fun sending these idiots letters and waiting to see what i get back. It gives me a sense of power.

Keep the fight up

Happyphil

S77,78 and 79 of the CCA do not apply to service contracts and asking for one via a CCA request will bring nothing apart from a letter stating it is a service contract.