style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

FEW WEEKS AGO,

I SENT A REQUEST TO MBNA ASKING FOR A REFUND ON MY PPI, THROUGH PROPER CHANNELS.

I KNOW I HAVE BEEN PAYING IT SINCE 1996, AS I HAVE STILL GOT MY STATEMENTS AT HOME GOING THAT FAR ACROSS.

I GOT A REPLY BACK, TELLING ME THAT THEY ARE LOOKING INTO IT, AND WOULD GET BACK TO ME.

FEW DAYS AGO THEY REPLIED BACK TO ME ..

.AS FOLLOWS:

OUR RECORDS SHOW THAT PPI WAS APPLIED TO YOUR ACCOUNT AT YOUR REQUEST ON 9 AUGUST 1996.

I HAVE ENCLOSED A COPY OF THE APPLICATION FORM(but no form was enclosed)

THE APPLICATION FORM YOU COMPLETED OFFERED YOU AN OPTION TO TICK THE BOX TO PURCHASE PPI.

THIS OPTION TO TICK THE BOX WOULD HAVE MADE IT CLEAR TO YOU THAT YOU COULD CHOOSE WHETHER OR NOT TO MAKE THE PURCHASE.

GIVEN YOU TICKED THE BOX AND SIGNED BELOW TO CONFIRM,

I AM SATISFIED THAT YOU ACTIVELY CHOSE TO PURCHASE PPI AND UNDERSTAND IT WAS OPTIONAL WHEN YOU DID SO.

AT THE TIME THE PPI WAS ADDED TO YOUR ACCOUNT, YOU WERE ELIGIBLE FOR THE COVER

YOU STATED ON YOUR APPLICATION THAT YOU WERE A UK RESIDENT,

IN PERMANENT EMPLOYMENT AND AGED BETWEEN 18 AND 70 WHEN YOU OPTED FOR PPI COVER,

WE DID NOT OFFER ADVICE ABOUT THE POLICY,

WE PROVIDED YOU WITH INFORMATION ONLY.

IN OTHER WORDS, YOURS WAS A NON-ADVISABLE SALE.

HAVING REVIED THE INFORMATION YOU HAVE PROVIDED,

OUR PROCESSES AND DISCLOSURES WHICH WE MADE TO YOU AT THE TIME,

WE ARE SATISFIED THAT YOU HAD SUFFICIENT INFORMATION TO MAKE YOUR OWN EVALUATION OF AND DECISION ABOUT THE PRODUCT ON OFFER,

ON THIS BASIS,

I REGRET TO ADVISE THAT I AM UNABLE TO UPHOLD YOUR COMPLAINT OR ISSUE A REFUND OF THE PREMIUMS YOU PAID.

and sent a leaflet for ombudsman, to make a complaint within 6 months

this mbna card, they dont have a contract just a little postcard which i filled in,

which used to be in magazines back in 90's,

i have seen this which i asked for a long time ago.

PLEASE HELP ME, HOW DO I TAKE THIS FURTHER.

so you don't have a copy of the 'ticked box' document then?

our suspicions have always been most of these were pre-ticked .

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I already have a copy of this card.

Under ppi there is a tick, yes is ticked, this is dated july 1996.

THIS LITTLE APPLICATION CARD HAS FEW OPTIONS, AND I REMEMBER CALLING THEM ON THE NUMBER NEXT TO IT, WHICH SAYS, IF YOU REQUIRE HELP FILLING IN THIS FORM THEN RING 0800 062 620 FREE.

I RANG THAT AND WENT WITH ADVISE, I RANG THEM AS THIS WAS MY FIRST CREDIT CARD.

THIS FORM HAS OPTION TO CHOOSE VISA GOLD,SILVER,GOLD MASTERCARD,SILVER MASTERCARD.

ALSO OTHER BORROWING INFORMATION, ALSO ADDITIONAL CARDHOLDER.

I have paid loads on ppi

any advice ,please

so you don't have a copy of the 'ticked box' document then?

Our suspicions have always been most of these were pre-ticked .

Dx

Edited by yousef1973

THIS LITTLE APPLICATION CARD HAS FEW OPTIONS, AND I REMEMBER CALLING THEM ON THE NUMBER NEXT TO IT, WHICH SAYS, IF YOU REQUIRE HELP FILLING IN THIS FORM THEN RING 0800 062 620 FREE.

THIS FORM HAS OPTION TO CHOOSE VISA GOLD,SILVER,GOLD MASTERCARD,SILVER MASTERCARD.

I have paid loads on ppi

any advice ,please

I have paid loads on ppi

any advice ,please

well they would say that wouldn't they

they have no way ANY recording of those calls

did you relate in the FOS CQ that when you called for assistance

in filing the app form out

you were told you must have PPI if having a xxxx type card?

i would !!!

how did you make your PPI reclaim?

FOS CQ + SOC + covering letter

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I sent the ppi consumer questionnaire form, stating

"cant remember it was just added onto payemnts

it was a sales technique, as i dont think i needed it"

well they would say that wouldn't they

they have no way any recording of those calls

did you relate in the fos cq that when you called for assistance

in filing the app form out

you were told you must have ppi if having a xxxx type card?

I would !!!

How did you make your ppi reclaim?

Fos cq + soc + covering letter

dx

No where in MBNA's earlier T & C's do they state that knowledge of insurer will be brought to attention of customers's mind...see condition 13d...this is THEIR own method....I got an offer on behalf of a friend yesterday...but it appears to be lower than expected..

Have you requsted a SAR...it will show method of sale etc...and customer account info...additional log communications..when your accoutn was opened etc....you may be able to deduct from that SAR vital pieces of information relating to your account

The question now is who do I write to now?

Mbna or make a complaint to financial ombudsman.

As it states on mbna's letter, this is a final reply from mbna

As far as they are concerned, this matter is finalised.

But I am entitled to make a complaint to ombudmans within 6 months of this letter.

Can you please advice who I should write to, and rough idea what to put in complaint or a letter would be appreciated.

No where in MBNA's

earlier T & C's do they state that knowledge of insurer will be brought to attention of customers's mind...see condition 13d...this is THEIR own method....I got an offer on behalf of a friend yesterday...but it appears to be lower than expected..

Have you requsted a SAR...it will show method of sale etc...and customer account info...additional log communications..when your accoutn was opened etc....you may be able to deduct from that SAR vital pieces of information relating to your account

The question now is who do I write to now?

MBNA or make a complaint to financial Ombudsman.

As it states on mbna's letter, this is a final reply from mbna

As far as they are concerned, this matter is finalised.

But I am entitled to make a complaint to ombudmans within 6 months of this letter.

Can you please advice who I should write to, and rough idea what to put in complaint or a letter would be appreciated.

you write ack to MBNA stating clearly you were told you must hve it

via the phonecall.

MBNA - you say you have PROOF i opted for this PPI

SHOW ME PROOF

else cough up!

dx

and they

Basically I write to them, stating that they have not understand the whole application Imade. I rang to get advice which card to choose as few options were available on application, and was guided through the application.I was advised on phone I must take PPI option as it is vital and it would help me,

PPI was glorified and I dont think I needed it, If you think I opted for it, please provide me with proof.. If you can't, then I would therefore request a full refund on all my payments plus interest.

you write ack to MBNA stating clearly you were told you must hve it

via the phonecall.

MBNA - you say you have PROOF i opted for this PPI

SHOW ME PROOF

else cough up!

dx

you don't request you DEMAND.

dx

and they

and was guided through the application.I was advised on phone I must take PPIlink3.gif option as it is vital and it would help me,

PPI was glorified and I dont think I needed it

is the above ok, or i should add more

you don't request you DEMAND.

dx

PLEASE CHECK LETTER BELOW TO MBNA AND ADVIS IF IT IS OK.

ALSO I DONT UNDERSTAND ON MBNA'S FINAL LETTER , THEY STATE THAT THEIR RECORD SHOWS THAT PPI WAS APPLIED TO MY ACCOUNT ON MY MY REQUEST ON 9TH AUGUST 1996.

BUT ON MY APPLICATION FORM COPY, WHICH HAS PPI TICKED, IS SIGNED AND DATED BY ME 23/7/1996

CONFUSED

http://s888.photobucket.com/albums/ac83/yousefmohammed/?action=view¤t=DSC00215.j pg

YOUR REF : XXXXX

Re: Payment Protection Insurance on Account Number XXXXXXXXXXXX

03 June 2012

Dear Sir / Madam

Thank you for your letter regarding PPI on above account.

I am totally confused by your letter.

You state you have enclosed a copy of the application form, but nothing is enclosed.

I think I have not clarified everything in my application for my refund of PPI.

In 1996, late July I got a small application form for a credit card for MBNA. This was my first ever application for a credit card. On this application form there were few choices to choose from, i.e type of card required etc. I was confused, which therefore I rang MBNA on 0800 062 620, this number was printed in big letters on left side of the application, stating PLEASE RING IF YOU NEED HELP COMPLETING THIS FORM. I rang that number, and went through the whole application with an operator. I still have a copy of my application along with my old statements dated back to 1996, as I keep records of everything.

I explained to the operator about my home status and work status, and I was advised to apply for Visa Silver Card=M07002960.

I went through the whole application with the operator, including Payment Protection Insurance section.

I wasn’t sure if I needed this, but was advised on phone I must take PPI option as it is vital and it would help me, and has great benefits. PPI was glorified and I don’t think I needed it. I also felt if I did not take it, my application may be refused. As this would be my first credit card, I went along with it, and just agreed.

If you think I opted for it, please provide me with proof.

If you can't, then I would therefore demand a full refund on all my payments plus interest.

I hope, I have been a bit more clear on this occasion, and look forward to hearing from you.

Y XXXXXXX

and was guided through the application.I was advised on phone I must take PPIlink3.gif option as it is vital and it would help me,

PPI was glorified and I dont think I needed it

is the above ok, or i should add more

Edited by yousef1973

PLEASE CHECK LETTER TO MBNA BELOW AND ADVIS IF IT IS OK.

ALSO I DONT UNDERSTAND ON MBNA'S FINAL LETTER , THEY STATE THAT THEIR RECORD SHOWS THAT PPI WAS APPLIED TO MY ACCOUNT ON MY MY REQUEST ON 9TH AUGUST 1996.

BUT ON MY APPLICATION FORM COPY, WHICH HAS PPI TICKED, IS SIGNED AND DATED BY ME 23/7/1996

CONFUSED

http://s888.photobucket.com/albums/ac83/yousefmohammed/?action=view¤t=DSC00215.j pg

YOUR REF : XXXXX

03 June 2012

Dear Sir / Madam

I am totally confused by your letter.

You state you have enclosed a copy of the application form, but nothing is enclosed.

I think I have not clarified everything in my application for my refund of PPI.

In 1996, late July I got a small application form for a credit card for MBNA. This was my first ever application for a credit card. On this application form there were few choices to choose from, i.e type of card required etc. I was confused, which therefore I rang MBNA on 0800 062 620, this number was printed in big letters on left side of the application, stating PLEASE RING IF YOU NEED HELP COMPLETING THIS FORM. I rang that number, and went through the whole application with an operator. I still have a copy of my application along with my old statements dated back to 1996, as I keep records of everything.

I explained to the operator about my home status and work status, and I was advised to apply for Visa Silver Card=M07002960.

I went through the whole application with the operator, including Payment Protection Insurance section.

I wasn’t sure if I needed this, but was advised on phone I must take PPI option as it is vital and it would help me, and has great benefits. PPI was glorified and I don’t think I needed it. I also felt if I did not take it, my application may be refused. As this would be my first credit card, I went along with it, and just agreed.

If you think I opted for it, please provide me with proof.

If you can't, then I would therefore demand a full refund on all my payments plus interest.

I hope, I have been a bit more clear on this occasion, and look forward to hearing from you.

Edited by yousef1973

03 June 2012

Dear Sir / Madam

In late July 1996, i saw an advert for your credit card, on this there were choices to make like 'type of card required' etc.

Having never at that early age applied for credit before, this was new and confusing.

I therefore rang the helpline seeing 'PLEASE RING IF YOU NEED HELP COMPLETING THIS FORM'.

Your Staff then went through the whole application with me, of which i have a copy inc notes i took at the time, as i keep all important records inc all your statements.

Your staff enquired about my living arrangements and my work status and concluded i should apply for a Visa Silver Card=M07002960.

However, to ensure the application was accepted, I was told i must enrol on the PPI scheme.

I now, following the media coverage concerning mis-sale of PPI, realise this is of course a mis-sale

and i actually had no need for it at all, other than a commission bonus for the operator.

Unless you can prove to me by transcript of the actual telephone conversation

that i was not co-ersed into selecting the PPI, rather than 'assuming' your staff folowed their script.

I demand the return of all my PPI payments plus the interest you charged forthwith

in-line with FOS guidelines.

disgruntled customer

dx

and they

Thanks for that, I posted the letter out yesterday, sent recorded delivery.

Now waiting for a reply.

03 June 2012

Dear Sir / Madam

In late July 1996, i saw an advert for your credit card, on this there were choices to make like 'type of card required' etc.

Having never at that early age applied for credit before, this was new and confusing.

I therefore rang the helpline seeing 'PLEASE RING IF YOU NEED HELP COMPLETING THIS FORM'.

Your Staff then went through the whole application with me, of which i have a copy inc notes i took at the time, as i keep all important records inc all your statements.

Your staff enquired about my living arrangements and my work status and concluded i should apply for a Visa Silver Card=M07002960.

However, to ensure the application was accepted, I was told i must enrol on the PPI scheme.

I now, following the media coverage concerning mis-sale of PPI, realise this is of course a mis-sale

and i actually had no need for it at all, other than a commission bonus for the operator.

Unless you can prove to me by transcript of the actual telephone conversation

that i was not co-ersed into selecting the PPI, rather than 'assuming' your staff folowed their script.

I demand the return of all my PPI payments plus the interest you charged forthwith

in-line with FOS guidelines.

disgruntled customer

dx

• 3 weeks later...

I am confused by MBNA

I made two claims to them on 28th April 2012. one for a Visa card and one for a Mastercard, both of which I applied for at the same time at some point in 2002 via the same "salesperson" at Belfast City Airport

Both letters were posted at the same time, to the same address:

The Mastercard:

Initial reply 17th May

Apology for delay 28th May

Complaint upheld 29th May

Cheque received 2nd June

The Visa

Initial reply 22nd May

Apology for delay 30th May

Claim declined 25th June (referring to my initial contact on 6th April!??)

The declined letter was worded pretty much exactly as the initial poster on this thread stated, but unlike his, I did actually get a copy of my signed form.

The choices of card are restricted to Visa card and mastercard, but on this form, neither is ticked, to say which of my two cards this form applies to.

It also says on the form that this is to "apply for your additional card". My memory from 10 years ago is a little shabby now, but I'm guessing it was a case of apply for a Visa and we'll give you a mastercard too.

Anyway, as there is no indication on their "evidence" that it applies to one or the other and as they have already upheld my complaint for the Mastercard anyway, do you think I have a valid case to go back and ask again?

I am confused by MBNA

I made two claims to them on 28th April 2012. one for a Visa card and one for a Mastercard, both of which I applied for at the same time at some point in 2002 via the same "salesperson" at Belfast City Airport

Both letters were posted at the same time, to the same address:

The Mastercard:

Initial reply 17th May

Apology for delay 28th May

Complaint upheld 29th May

Cheque received 2nd June

The Visa

Initial reply 22nd May

Apology for delay 30th May

Claim declined 25th June (referring to my initial contact on 6th April!??)

The declined letter was worded pretty much exactly as the initial poster on this thread stated, but unlike his, I did actually get a copy of my signed form.

The choices of card are restricted to Visa card and mastercard, but on this form, neither is ticked, to say which of my two cards this form applies to.

It also says on the form that this is to "apply for your additional card". My memory from 10 years ago is a little shabby now, but I'm guessing it was a case of apply for a Visa and we'll give you a mastercard too.

Anyway, as there is no indication on their "evidence" that it applies to one or the other and as they have already upheld my complaint for the Mastercard anyway, do you think I have a valid case to go back and ask again?

Absolutely.

Challenge them.

What were your reasons for the mis-sale?

What were your reasons for the mis-sale?

• The sales person selling the insurance was pushy and strongly advised me to take the insurance.

• I was not asked whether I already had any existing insurance or employer benefits that would cover my repayments.

• You have been punished by the Financial Services Authority for failing to treat customers fairly and I do not believe that the PPI I bought was sold in my best interest.

These are the points on my original letter of complaint

This is my reply

Any comments / additions / deletions welcomed

28/06/2012

MBNA Visa

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re: Account number: **** **** **** ****

Thank you for your letter dated 25/06/2012 regarding claim for PPI refund on the above account.

Firstly, your letter refers to my initial contact to you on 6th April 2012. My initial letter to yourselves was not even written and posted until 28th April 2012, so are we talking at cross purposes?

Secondly and regardless of the above, the evidence you have sent me, in the form of a photocopy of my signature on an application form does not even indicate that this form is connected in any way with the VISA card I am referring to in this complaint. Even the place I am supposed to choose between Visa or Mastercard has not been ticked.

Thirdly and bearing in mind the above, you have already upheld my complaint with reference to my MBNA Mastercard (Your Ref: ****** – concerning card number **** **** **** ****).

Not-withstanding all the above, my claims in my initial complaint still stand. Namely:

• The sales person selling the insurance was pushy and strongly advised me to take the insurance.

• I was not asked whether I already had any existing insurance or employer benefits that would cover my repayments.

• You have been punished by the Financial Services Authority for failing to treat customers fairly and I do not believe that the PPI I bought was sold in my best interest.

Your Staff went through the application with me. Your staff enquired about my living arrangements and my work status and concluded which card I should apply for, however, to ensure the application was accepted, I was told I must enrol on the PPI scheme. Unless you can prove to me by transcript of telephone conversations that I was not coerced into selecting the PPI option, rather than 'assuming' your staff followed their script, I demand the return of all my PPI payments plus interest forthwith in-line with FOS guidelines.I look forward to your full and prompt response to this letter.

Yours faithfully,