• Tweets

• Hi Thankyou for your response    yes it is ! I sent of a SAR and within the comms Log Lloyds advised no CCA or paperwork needed when PRA asked.  hence account unenforceable.   The default is listed as PRA so does that mean it’s active ?  I will follow your advice Thankyou 
    • i will guess this is:   a debt buyer dca cannot register a default notice    if the original creditor registered a default notice then get a copy of that  staple it to a letter to PRA and demand the account is removed from your credit file forthwith or a serious complaint will be registered with the ICO and financial compensation will be sought.   give them 14 days 
    • Good Evening,    Please may I ask for some information re default markers on Credit Report ?    I had a CC with a Bank default around Jan 2014. Nothing was registered on my Credit Report The debt was later sold on a few times. Eventually to PRA in 2017 where it is unenforceable.   On my Clearscore report that I have recently downloaded it says “ In default PRA GRoup 5th April 2017”. when I click onto this it shows no markings on any month from 2014. so my question is can PRA register the default from 2017. I’m unsure if it drops off from The bank in 2014 or after PRA registered in 2017.    thanks for any advice you can give   
    • there you go all done i thought i could see you'ed left your reg number and their PCN number in your pictures.   there are quite a few threads here on this only allowed 30mins on certain esso forecourts total rubbish ofcourse  and none haver gone anywhere so far FWIW.   dx      
    • Highly likely providing you were the first private buyer to purchase the car with HP or conditional sale outstanding the solicitors will conclude that you have good title and act accordingly  As dx says let consumer law deal with this, keep the vehicle well hidden just in case but if you turn up at the sellers work and cause problems and the Police become involved  its highly likely you will be the one with big problems 
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Prosecuted by SWT - ** SETTLED BEFORE COURT **

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3062 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all, 1st post here and I will try to keep it short.

In January this year I travelled on a train from Earlsfield to Waterloo on a South-West Trains route with friends. Through my own stupidity I failed to buy a ticket before travelling and when getting to Waterloo, panicked and passed through the barrier behind a friend. I was with a group of friends (all who had paid). I stopped them and began explaining that I had made an error and ought to go get a ticket. Then I was approached by the 'Station revenue assistant' who asked me to go with him. I complied and then apologised, explained my situation, offered to pay and gave all details requested.

Eventually I receive through the post a letter of intent to prosecute from SWT. I replied to this letter but not within the 14-days of the date of the letter.

(I should point out that I'm not from London and don't often use the railways)

Today I have just recieved summons to Richmond Magistrates Court! Two charges.

1) Did travel, or attempt to travel upon the railway, without having previously paid the fare, and with intent to avoid payment thereof:

2) In that you did, without permission from an authorised person, enter or leave railway premises without passing through the manned or automated barrier in the correct manner:

Now, I hold my hand up, I was an idiot. My friends and I had travelled earlier that day between Earlsfield and Dartford (Rtn), we had all bought tickets for that journey but I guess that they all bought the Earl>Waterloo tickets then as well, I obviously did not. Also, I shouldn't have tailgated my friend through at Waterloo, but I panicked and made the wrong choice. But, I had no intent to avoid payment and this is what gets me. Anyway, I don't think there is anything I can do to avoid being convicted of a criminal offence is there? I can't afford a huge fine and I don't want to go to court but I think the only thing I can do is plead Guilty and allow the magistrtes to deal with it in my absence and then have a criminal conviction?! :(

My only thought was that I had no intent to avoid payment thereof, I really didn't.... but I suspect that having tailgated through the barrier (despite not then trying to leave the area) will be seen as the intent?

Does anyone have any thoughts? Like I said I think there's nothing to do now but plead Guilty, it just seems so disproportionate for a £3.70 fare that I offered to pay there and then.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello and welcome to CAG. We'll help as much as we can.

The forum experts will tell you when they arrive, but I think it may be worth sending another letter. What did you say in your first one please?

And how long do you have before the court case?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi HB,

Case date is Thurs 14th June.

To paraphrase my letter to SWT prosecution dept, I firstly apologised for not replying within the 14 day period of the letter. I explained that I had been with a group of friends and had travelled previously that day. I explained not wanting to lose contact with my friends at Waterloo and so followed someone through the barrier and admitted that that was a stupid decision. I pointed out that I stopped the group within a few metres of the barriers and was explaining to them that I might need to go and speak to a station official and make good on the payment. I basically apologised alot and held my hands up but said that I was polite, honest with the official, offered to pay there and had the funds etc and had not intended to commit any offence. Ended by asking if there were any way to settle it out of court and offered to pay any fine and the ticket fare and apologised again.

I think that I don't really have a leg to stand on so I'll never be able to plead not guilty, I'd just like it to not be too costly and am gutted if that then leaves me with a criminal record.

best thing is to appear at court and ask to speak with the prosecutor before going into court, they MAY let you settle there and then but make sure you either take cash or a card with you as they won't take a cheque, I would suggest about £200 possibly, the court date is too near to try writing to them but it may be worth a try, if they dont accept your offer before court then appear in court and (assuming that you believe you are gulity) plead guilty in person and apologise etc this will reduce the fine more than likely.

Views expressed in this forum by me are my own personal opinion and you take it on face value! I make any comments to the best of my knowledge but you take my advice at your own risk.

Thank you both for your help. I shall plead guilty, appear in person and try to speak to the prosecuter before as you suggest. I hope he/she takes some pity on me. I am just coming to the end of a PhD (pretty much 9 years of education including an access course and the degree) and so wanted the opportunity of working abroad in US or Aus. I don't want all that time and effort to be wasted because of this :(

I will let you know how it goes and thank you again.

Regards,

Ian

Hello again, Ian.

I hope it goes well for us, please let us know if you have other questions before the case and come back to tell us how it went, either way. I think if you are able to show sincere remorse it could help you.

You may have other replies because you posted at the beginning of the long weekend and it's been very quiet.

My best, HB

Hi HoneyBee and RPI,

I thought I should let you know, I have just got off the phone after speaking to the prosecutions manager at SWT. I have been a very lucky boy indeed. I apologised profusely and told him about my circumstances (I am just finishing a PhD as a 35yr old mature student and hoping to work in USA or Aus in the next couple of years and that obviously a conviction in court would kill any hopes of that, effectively rendering pointless the last 9 years of my life). I explained that it is out of character, I have never commited any offence and never planned to. I also explained that my financial circumstances have been pretty poor too. He was very kind and understanding and has allowed me to settle both charges out of court and I have just paid a total of £250 plus the fare (£3.70).

I am so relieved, I cannot honestly put into words how sick with worry I have been over this last week. I'd just like to thank you both for your advice and would like to reitereate to anybody else in the same position that speaking to the prosecutor involved is the best way forward. Be polite, honest and sincere. They are human after all.

Thank you again for your advice, I am very grateful. Here's to hoping I don't need to ask for it again though hey :D

Yours sincerely and with much love,

Ian xx

Hello again, Ian. That's great news, I'm very pleased for you.

I think you're absolutely right about being polite and honest. We've seen the opposite approach backfire on people a few times.

Take it easy in future on the trains and I hope you enjoy your travels further afield. I'll alter your thread title. :)

HB x

PS And thank you for coming back to tell us. Too many people don't, and it doesn't help others who arrive here wanting to know how a thread finishes.

Edited by honeybee13
PS