Investors in people

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4338 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Recently the charity I work for lost their Investors in people status, are we (the ground floor staff), entitled to see the report and the reasons why we lost it?

Hello there. Is there a reason why you would like to know this? I see you have other work issues at the moment.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

There was a full staff meeting at work last week where the CEO told us that we had lost our Investors in People accreditation, stated his dissappointment in staff for comments made to the Investors in people at interview and in confidential questrionaires, I think it was because staff voiced their opinion in a bullying Ops Manager and lack of competancy in a couple of line managers , one in particular, lack of supervisions and bad communication and training throughout.

Some staff are quite timid and this they felt was the only time they could voice their opinions without fear of retribution from Ops Manager.

3-4 other staff along with myself have pointed most of the above out to the CEO but nothing changes. The CEO is popular amongst staff and has an open door policy but only a couple of staff have the confidence to knock on it.

Because I will stand up and challenge when neccassary, it appears some staff treat me like a union rep and hope i will voice their concerns for them (which i dont).

The tone of the meeting was criticising the workers, and I want to know if the comments from the investors in people report, mirrors that of what we have already talked to him about. If it does he needs to take some responsibility in this. All the ground floor staff are upset at losing the accreditation but do not feel they are to blame for pointing out what they have already asked him to act on.

Nothing to do with previous thread HB, Just want to know if we (staff) are allowed to see the Investors in People report on why we are not accredited this year. We believe it is through management failings. Following our meeting with IiP where we were told to be honest, the same things cropped up again and again, and as the tone was implying that it was our fault we would like to know what the report said that is all.

Some of the tenders we have applied for may fail due to our loss of Iip accreditation (that is what we have been told) and I smell a rat. The staff are very passionate about the work they do but the middle managers do not appear to have the same passion, more like social climbers. foreve telling us how hard they are working to save our jobs without acknowledging that the groud floor staff (house managers, outreach staff, resource centre staff, floating support staff) are working harder with less and are also saving their jobs. When I joined the staff team was very close and supportive to each other and still are, however upstairs has changed and are trying to run with authority instead of responsobility.

One manager sits at his desk and only moves when he gets a high score on his phone! (not the one I'm in dispute with) this has been mentioned to CEO by many staff and nothing is done, he is still doing it, and we would like to know if it was mentioned in the report, if so, why is nothing being done.

This is so frustrating HB especially as we are all doing extra work.

In short, no you are not entitled to see it. It would be good business practice (as well as an excellent example of staff engagement in line with IiP principles) to share the reasons for the loss of IiP recognition, however, for many reasons (sometimes commerially sensitive) why they may not want to make it public.

Normally, the lead assessor from IiP will work closely with a company on how to re-gain recognition, so long of course your employers are willing to engage in the process.

What level of recognition did they have? Was it standard, bronze, silver or gold?

• Confused 1

Even if you are not entitled to see this report, why don't you write and ask for it to be disclosed?

To be honest if management cannot be trusted to invest in their own people because they don't listen to justified concerns that have been raised, then they have reaped what they have sown. It is a two way street, if they are cr*p management, then senior managers need to take action and that surely starts with acknowledging that those workers at the coalface know who and who is not managing them well.

Perhaps they need you moll to say it. I advise writing it.

Oh and who would want to work for them anyway?

I believe it was standard, and as per the IiP guidlines he called a staff meeting to inform us we had lost it, but not clear on why, thats why I wanted to see it, as we are a charity he is answerable to the board of trustees, and i think he has laid the blame at our feet to cover himself for not acting on what staff had already told him. We are due to be inspected again in November and from what the Ops manager has said the line managers may be a bit more assertive in their management.If thats the case I dont think the November re think will go down well either. We the staff are passionate about our work and are dissapointed we have lost the accreditaton and will not be held too be responsible for it after a tough year busting a butt to get our work done for the homeless, not to pander to a few social climbing egos.

Many thanks for the reply

I believe it was standard, and as per the IiP guidlines he called a staff meeting to inform us we had lost it, but not clear on why, thats why I wanted to see it, as we are a charity he is answerable to the board of trustees, and i think he has laid the blame at our feet to cover himself for not acting on what staff had already told him. We are due to be inspected again in November and from what the Ops manager has said the line managers may be a bit more assertive in their management.If thats the case I dont think the November re think will go down well either. We the staff are passionate about our work and are dissapointed we have lost the accreditaton and will not be held too be responsible for it after a tough year busting a butt to get our work done for the homeless, not to pander to a few social climbing egos.

Many thanks for the reply

Do the CEO's legs and write to the trustees as well as him. State that you don't feel that the workers should be blamed for management shortcomings and you could also list them if you feel particularly brave. Expect fireworks and even disciplinary action because these type of actions are a direct threat to management credibility and their own jobs.

Depends on how much you want your job!!!

Sometimes it needs just one good person to say no and tell those in power how it really stands.... but sometimes the messenger does get shot.

Good luck moll...... keep us posted, some posts / fights get really interesting and I suspect this is one of them.