2 ESA Return to Work cases reported in Scottish Daily Record Newspaper

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thursday 31st May

The Daily Record reports on a man who despite being on dialysis 3 days a week for 33 years , has had 4 failed kidney transplants, battled cancer, had 14 heart attacks in the last 5 years due to the effects of long term dialysis causing his heart to fail, suffers from spontaneous internal bleeding and brittle bones was placed in the WRAG group after IB migration. He is required to attend work focused interviews, and actively look for employment or his benefit will be cut. This decison was reached without Paul being interviewed or given a medical.

The DWP refused to overturn the decision despite receiving full medical notes , dialysis appointments etc . His wife said when he comes off the machine he goes home to bed and she doesn't see him till the next day , he's so exhausted. She said it would be impossible for him to attend the work related meetings, let alone go to work.

Aberdeen South Labour MP Dame Anne Begg said ' a lot of the changes being made by this Government seem to be particularly harsh on disabled people . and the people who are getting hit the hardest are thos who have worked hard all their lives.

Friday 1st June

Daily Record reports

A 24 year old deaf, blind and mute man who is confined to a wheelchair was told he was fit to work and his money would be axed. He can't even communicate with his worried parents who have both given up their jobs to care for him full time.

Yesterday they were celebrating after the Dept for Work and Pensions reversed the decision on appeal. His parents had enlisted the help of Dundee East MP in their bid to have the decision overturned.

Just 2 more examples of the shambolic system now affecting thousands of people the length and breadth of the UK. The only people gaining from this abysmal process are ATOS and the private companies contracted to run the Return to Work programmes, because the tax payer certainly isn't.

We know the Government has to make a lot of savings and get spending down and benefits reduction is one of the ways they are doing this, but I believe that this is just bloodymindedness and misinterpretation by the DWP who want to be seen as doing their bit. I don't for one minute think the treasury intended it to be done this way.

I think benefit reduction is a fair target, I can't for one moment believe this is how it was intended when it was set up in the 40s, but lets also take the stupidity out of deciding who and what.

Me too. So why not start with the waste and incompetance inherent within the DWP? ... :mad2:

Same. But why penalise those who obviously can't work? Some of whom are refused ESA and JSA.

Which is why I said ".... lets also take the stupidity out of deciding who and what" and "I don't for one minute think the treasury intended it to be done this way".

Maybe not the treasury, but this government......huh, imo of course they did. They don't get care about who's really ill or not. They just their targets reached and to hell with the lives of the population.

Maybe not the treasury, but this government......huh, imo of course they did. They don't get care about who's really ill or not. They just their targets reached and to hell with the lives of the population.

Sorry but that is total crap and a poor attempt to gain a political point.

Which is why I said ...

I wasn't actually disagreeing with you ...

... but this government ...

Whilst this Government has gone about things in a heavy handed and imbecilic manner, it should be noted that they are simply continuing the measures initiated by the last Govenment. Sadly, I'm beginning to appreciate they're all as bad as each other ...

Sorry but that is total crap and a poor attempt to gain a political point.

Like your obliviously biased comments on here never are?

Sadly, I'm beginning to appreciate they're all as bad as each other ...

Yeah, for some time now I've realized that we don't even have a party who are even pretending to be in total opposition when it comes to their polices. Each party is just a variation on the other. Thats what makes it truly depressing for me and as there appears to be no hope. :(

And yet the mainstream media still ignore the disabled/sick peoples plight. God help them when PIP comes in and the mass 'cull' that will cause.

Edited by sadone

oh by the way.....arbeit macht frei.....if the general population knew or know where this is actually heading they need to be afraid very afraid...this is nothing more or less that the dismantling of the welfare state....the people in work will be paying for ppi for the day when they may become ill only to find the ppi as usual is 'not fit for purpose' havent we been down this route with the bloody banks...do we never learn...

We know the Government has to make a lot of savings and get spending down and benefits reduction is one of the ways they are doing this, but I believe that this is just bloodymindedness and misinterpretation by the DWP who want to be seen as doing their bit. I don't for one minute think the treasury intended it to be done this way.

I think benefit reduction is a fair target, I can't for one moment believe this is how it was intended when it was set up in the 40s, but lets also take the stupidity out of deciding who and what.

why do you assume benefit reduction is a fair target...how do you know when or if illness/disability will or may hit you?....what happens if you are out on this weekend and some idiot smashes into you in a vehicle and you end up not being able to walk. confined to say a wheelchair or bed....your earning ability gone.....or do you honestly believe the crap spewed out by the daily mail and other papers that we are benefit scroungers? the welfare state was set up as a safety net...do you honestly believe that the milllions now claiming JSA are nothing more than workshy? WAKE UP

oh by the way.....arbeit macht frei.....if the general population knew or know where this is actually heading they need to be afraid very afraid...this is nothing more or less that the dismantling of the welfare state....the people in work will be paying for ppi for the day when they may become ill only to find the ppi as usual is 'not fit for purpose' havent we been down this route with the bloody banks...do we never learn...

If they managed to lower taxes when they dismantle the welfare state, then people will have more of their own money to spend on their own needs.

I gotta love you daggersedge...you really do live in a land of milk and honey.....are you prepared to pay private companies in case you become too ill to work? are you prepared to pay for a visit to the doctors? because cameron and co said they will give you a little back of tax back....are you prepared? cos you better be.....but of course you are never going to get sick or old...you are going to live for ever

why do you assume benefit reduction is a fair target...how do you know when or if illness/disability will or may hit you?....what happens if you are out on this weekend and some idiot smashes into you in a vehicle and you end up not being able to walk. confined to say a wheelchair or bed....your earning ability gone.....or do you honestly believe the crap spewed out by the daily mail and other papers that we are benefit scroungers? the welfare state was set up as a safety net...do you honestly believe that the milllions now claiming JSA are nothing more than workshy? WAKE UP

Benefits don't just cover illness, they are vast and cover just about everything. The NHS and Benefits are the biggest drain on government finances, so how would you suggest that the funds are accumulated to pay for this.

Years ago I remember a watching a TV show where they got a family who thought the welfare state was totally unnecessary and that a nice middle class family such as theirs could survive without it. Well they broke down for them just how much it would cost a family of four to go private for everything per month.

Oh what a surprise when they were utterly shocked at the price and realized that they couldn't possibly afford it long term.

so how would you suggest that the funds are accumulated to pay for this.

Oh I dunno. Get f*ing Vodaphone to pay It's 6 million pound tax bill, and clamp down on big business tax fraud?

Edited by sadone

the government actually gets enough money in from taxes etc to fund the welfare system.....or are you suggesting actually dismantling it?...what would you propose takes it place? private ppi companies....have a look at the bottom of your post 'never use a ppi claims company they rip you off' do you honestly think in the event that you became sick/ill/disabled/redundant/or even sacked (which by the way these idiots are going to make easier) these companies would happily pay you out after you had been paying in a huge proportion of your income every month..cos if you do..you are living in cloud cuckoo land....perhaps your one of the lucky few who can afford private health care, private schools for your children..etc etc....but that is only because at the moment you have the income....imagine that income slashed because of different factors...company no longer viable...sickness....accident....now imagine no income for private school no income for private health care etc etc......perhaps once you start to actually look and think you begin to see....but i doubt it.....so what do we do...close down the NHS as you said its a huge drain...close down the education system...another huge amount out of the budget.....close down care homes for the elderly...because of course no one in your mind gets old......close down the jobcentres...privatise them...how far do you want to go....and what sort of country do you want for your children and grandchildren and greatgrandchildren

Edited by debt4get

Hows this for pure evil.

'Tory Councilor: Force seriously ill people out to push up house prices.'

A Tory councillor on Surrey’s health committee has called for seriously ill people to be forced out of the county. John Butcher has suggested those with “self-inflicted morbidity” should be

“encouraged” to “move away from Surrey” – in the name of pushing up house prices.

Butcher wants groups such as smokers — referred to as the “self-inflicted” — to be offered slower NHS treatment so that they will be forced to move:

“This factor would attract more ‘other’ patients to come to live in Surrey – and that would push up house prices here.”

Just when you thought it couldn’t get any more sick, he ventures that this would benefit the Tories in elections:

“any political party that seeks to pander to the needs of the self-inflicted unhealthy, and to win their votes, will suffer twofold … mortality will ensure that its voters will be much fewer in number than the ‘others’”

http://politicalscrapbook.net/2012/06/tory-councillor-force-seriously-ill-people-out-to-push-up-house-prices/

Is it any wonder people have such twisted views of others not as rich/fit as themselves.

Benefits don't just cover illness, they are vast and cover just about everything. The NHS and Benefits are the biggest drain on government finances, so how would you suggest that the funds are accumulated to pay for this.

Stop paying benefits for children who don't actually live in the UK, scrap child benefit, scrap tax credits and increase tax allowances instead, (but give money to those who are on a really low income) etc. Why must disabled people pay the price for something which isn't their fault?

If you force some people back to work, they're going to get ill again. That's going to cost the NHS more money.

As for self inflicted, where do you draw the line?

does not surprise me one bit sadone....these right wing tories, will settle for nothing less than literally killing people.....already we have 'work makes you free' i wonder where ive heard that before...we have people on this forum who actually believe the government spin that the welfare state is unsustainable...we as a society will be judged by our descendants as the generation that does not care......providing' im alright jack the rest of you can go and f**k yourselves'...and so what if we lose a few million poor from the statistics...hey it'll be cheaper for the rest of us working hard and paying our taxes....when are people going to realise and wake up....but hey hitler proved if you tell the lie long enough loudly enough and hard enough then eventually it is the truth.....people working are under attack..work longer, work harder,work for less...and always remember work makes you free.....we will work you till you drop...retire? well if you manage to make it to at the moment 65+ and rising fast...but then if we have dumped the welfare state then the old age pension will go with it.......so you keep going probably on minimum wage...though i think this will be abolished along with worker rights....the uk is open for business...well to the highest bidder anyway

I gotta love you daggersedge...you really do live in a land of milk and honey.....are you prepared to pay private companies in case you become too ill to work? are you prepared to pay for a visit to the doctors? because cameron and co said they will give you a little back of tax back....are you prepared? cos you better be.....but of course you are never going to get sick or old...you are going to live for ever

I live in France, therefore, I do pay when I visit the doctor, some of which is reimbursed by l'Assurance Maladie, the state insurance cover, and some of which is reimbursed by private insurance. Each visit costs 22 euros and then there's any medicine I might need, as well as any treatment. The state insurance cover, as far as I am aware, is only available to people who work and to the retired.

I like the system very much, thank you. For one thing, the surgery waiting room of my doctor isn't filled with old people and young mothers using it as a social meeting place. For another, the treatment is excellent. Oh, and the doctor keeps hours that fit with the lifestyle of working people: early morning, evening and Saturdays. It really is a great system.

For one thing, the surgery waiting room of my doctor isn't filled with old people and young mothers using it as a social meeting place.

Oh dear, we can't have that, can we.

Good grief....

If the Govenment seriously wants to reduce its debts why dosen't it stop all overseas aid.

Surely it's not needed any more as all the illegal immigrants can readily claim benefits as soon as they get here.

I attended an esa medical and secretly taped the interview. The alleged professional Doctor completely lied about responses and did not do the exam as how he stated.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks