Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2697 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I can't answer your questions but having read your thread I just wanted to tell you what an amazing person you are.You must be under awful stress yet your love and compassion for your partner shines through.I hope that with your commitment and the help of the good people on here you get awarded all the financial help you need/deserve.

Lillibelle

I only know what I know cos I know it,I only give advice,I'm not legally trained nor do I pretend to be.

Thank you everyone for your advice. I will get the email sent later on today. Am in the process of completing forms for benefits - what a minefield they are!

Lillebelle - Yes under an awful lot of stress but you stick together through the good times and bad times in my eyes. Its frustrating having him so unwell but he cant help it and when I get low I just have to try and think it wont be like this forever...xx

• Confused 1
  • 8 months later...

Hi everyone,

I havent posted on this thread for quite some time as you can see!

The current situation is my partner is still off work sick! He has been off since beginning of May 2012 - yes that 15mths ago. He's spent a total of 10 wks in hosp during that time and from the most recent inpatient time has was only sent home yesterday.

GP has been providing sick certs every 8wks which we have been sending to his employer.

A stage 3 sickness was held in his absence yesterday. They told us the date a couple of weeks ago - they were aware when it was booked that he would be in hospital on that day. I emailed them yesterday stating "We are aware that it is XXXXXX meeting today, being held in his absence. Just to confirm that his surgery went ahead as planned and he is still in hospital - XXXXXXXXX - today. Kind regards"

They replied and said " Thank you for your update on XXXXXXX. We will be holding his meeting today and we will be considering all information that we have received from yourself as well as AXA ICAS. We will write to XXXXX (email to yourself) with the outcome of the meeting as soon as possible following the meeting this morning. Kind regards"

We hadnt heard anything today and in a previous email they had said a likely outcome would be dismissal and they would pay him the 15mths outstanding holiday pay and one months salary if that was the case. I sent an email a very short while ago thanking them for their email yesterday and saying that we hadnt heard anything yet regarding the outcome of the meeting. I received an email from his manager, the emails are normally from a girl in HR and she has said " A letter needs to be sent/emailed advising of the outcome of the meeting. XXXXXX(HR) needs to draw this up and I will need to review it. XXXXXX(HR) is travelling this week due to the pay and reward consultations. I'm sure she will draw up the letter as soon as she is able. As soon as the letter is ready this will be emailed to you for you to advise XXXXX"

Is there a certain amount of time that they have to let us know by? It would actually be easier in some ways for them to let him go as ESA etc seem to find it very difficult to understand that he is employed but on zero pay. He has had a medical for esa about 8wks ago but heard nothing. The build up of money would be handy to have as well with school uniforms etc to buy.....

We have still not heard of the outcome of the stage 3 meeting they held last Monday.....Surely there should be some sort of time frame where they have to let us know what their decision is.....

My thoughts are with you, what a horrible situation to be in.

I realise the letters must be shortened when you post them, but has the employer ever said they hope xxxxx is feeling better, I know they don't have to, but would be nice of them.

Is it a big company, is there a welfare section, they should have written to you and can be quite helpful.

Emmzzi, may clear this up, I understand the reduction in pay might not be a reasonable adjustment but I believe not initiating discipline due to sickness absence levels, would be construed as a reasonable adjustment.

Anyway, I hope you are starting to cope a bit more and not making yourself ill as well.

Is it a big company, is there a welfare section, they should have written to you and can be quite helpful.

Emmzzi, may clear this up, I understand the reduction in pay might not be a reasonable adjustment but I believe not initiating discipline due to sickness absence levels, would be construed as a reasonable adjustment.

At over 12 months, the adjustment is not going to be deemed "reasonable".

I am in agreement at this stage the best thing that could happen is a dismissal and payment of holiday pay etc and claim ESA - it would remove one source of unneccessary stress. Health first - get that sorted - then start job seeking again when back to full strength. This employer has nothing left to offer.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!