im due to claim state pension in march next year - what else can i claim?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can somebody give me advice please

i receive DLA full mobility and medium care and have been working

however my legs are so bad i have had to give up my job

im due to claim state pension in march next year

am i entitled to any other benefits:?:

If you qualify for guaranteed pension credit you will also get the carers component

OP is under 60. I would make a claim to ESA conts and a top up of ESA IB as you may be entitled to SDP, if you live alone and no one gets carers allowance for you.

ESA Incombe Based. Because you have worked you should get ESA contribution based. If you are awarded this to get the extra premiums that I think you may be entitled to you have to claim the ESA IB as well.

Have you made a claim to benefit yet?

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/Illorinjured/DG_171894

Edited by MIKEY DABODEE

You can claim JSA until you are due to retire but you need to satisfy the conditions of entitlement and would need to be actively seeking, capable and available to work full time.

We have people claiming JSA sometimes a few weeks before they can apply for pension credit because they can and want to be counted in the statsics as well as receive an potential contribution based JSA.

You r adviser for JSA would discuss the requiremens for claiming JSA and if you could meet those they would then discuss the possiblilityof claming ESA.

If you feel there would be a problem then I would advise that you speak to your GP first to enquire if they would be able to issue a fit note to allow you to claim ESA from the outset

Why is it a waste of time. I know it's only £71 per week but it soon adds up. Or if your Dr will write a sick note claim ESA

And there would be the disability premiums on top. Because the OP has no savings, they may get housing and council tax benefits too.

Well......depends on how WRAG are expected to behave by then of course....even those with a terminal diagnosis of more than six months to live are expected to be in WRAG.....apparently....so 9 months to retirement is nothing.....