Bluenose

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4341 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I was made bankrupt by Lowell Portfolio in Feb this year for a debt they say was £1702. They aparently sent me out a letter in Dec 11telling me of this which I deny. They made a bankcrupt any order on a debt I believe to be over 8 years old which belonged to TSB bank.and I do not believe was outstanding as i did make 3 other settlements to the TsB bank for other debts and I would not of left this one out. i did have a lot of debt around this time and my credit score was very bad. I sort help from a company called Debtcall who were able to get me a mortgage and I offered settlement figures to a variety of debts. My credit score after 6years was back to excellent and I was able to go the Halifax and get a much better mortgage from them in2009., as my credit score was over 950. Things were looking up and I also was able to get credit cards ect from different banks. It has come a s a massive shock to receive this bankruptancy but I had it annulled within 6weeks after I paid all my existing creditors totalling £5900 after paying creditors, court and insolvency fees.

When I received this bankruptancy order I contacted the insolvency people and had an interview, They showd me my Experian credit score and were bewildered as to where this debt was as there was no record of same. The insolvency people contacted Lowell regarding a possible statute barred but they informed insolvency that I made a payment to them in October 2006,I have asked for proof of payment but they informed they did not have any details only the month and year. . I do not even recognise the original reference number of the debt from TSB as I do have all original debts that Debtcall,payed on my behalf. I do not know of any Bankruptancy solicitors but would appreciate any advise.

I really do hope you push this with the OFT (you MUST).....it has been known as you will see in these forums for a 'mystery' payment to have appeared to render it NOT statute barred.....if only you had found these forums sooner. A SAR to Lowells and an official letter of complaint, you can tell the Insolvency service that yours is one of a number of cases where they claim a mystery payment has been made....take it up with your MP too...