style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My other received a letter from Marstons saying they are coming round to remove goods.

Now, I know they can't without gaining peaceful entry....or can they?

As far as the oh is aware this is for parking fines from 2001

but they state in the letter that they have the right to use a locksmith.

I'm pretty sure they can't but I just need some clarification.

Is it just one of their many scare tactics?

They haven't been round to see us yet despite the letter (dated 18th May) that they would attend within 7 days.

Trying to find out exactly what he owes the money for is nigh on impossible.

The letter gives no clues other than HMRC Kent.

They aren't particularly forthcoming through written communication and phoning them is a no go.

I won't be letting them in, the oh does not own a car (it's in my name),

they can't get in through open windows as we are in a flat (unless they are spiderman or bring ladders with them).

However, they need to get through the main door to the block first before getting to my door

and this seems to be a grey area.

If they get through that main door can they then use any force to enter my flat as they have,

I suppose, gained entry to the premises (even if I don't let them in, they can just buzz someone else).

Not too worried as I have already seen them off for another matter by simply ignoring them.

Also, my oh works 6 days a week so he wouldn't be here when they attend anyway, unless they are lucky.

I will be alone, with a 10 month old baby and they will be very "frightening and intimidating" (:roll:).

Neither.

He owes no tax as he has always been PAYE and I can't think why he'd owe VAT.

It definitely says HMRC Kent on it.

He did have another one with Marstons for the DVLA but that was returned to the court and sorted.

This is for something else (different amount).

He has never committed crime so it's not a fine, never been self-employed etc.

He can only think of parking fines.

In 2001 he was living on the site where he worked so it can't be related to council tax, water rates, electricity etc., etc.

Like I say, they won't tell us and HMRC Kent does not exist.

..there are lots of courts in Kent,

but not one called HMRC Kent.

No court number, had nothing from any court...nothing.

Anyway, he wasn't living near Kent at the time.

e was in Wales.

I am totally clueless, but I just wanted to know, for sure, that they won't be breaking in anytime soon.

Did they send a bill for allegedly underpaid PAYE when they cocked up last year as they are chasing people who have never been within a million miles of self assessment, for this allegedly underpaid tax?.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

It says HMRC but i'm wondering if it's a typo and should be HMCS...

The oh did get a letter about underpayment of tax but that was for 2008/09. We paid it months ago (it was only about £120). Definitely not that as this is for a higher amount from 2001.

Don't forget if their records show 2001 it could be another underpayment for that tax period and they are saying they sent you letters by invisi-mail that you never got?

If your letter says HMRC then it is definately tax/insurance related. We all know they are only interested in saying they are right but very reluctant to prove it?

WD

I've had a root around and found another letter from them from months ago. It's for the same amount but it says HMCS Kent. That one has no information either.

Have you contacted all the courts in kent, I know that this is a huge task, but if marstons are not telling you what court then perhaps you would need to have a hunt yourself.

I would also place a complaint into Marstons and see where you get from there.

http://www.marstongroup.co.uk/assets/Complaints-procedure-.pdf

[email protected] close any gaps

Subject it as Formal complaint

Huge task indeed. As we have no court reference number and have no idea which address the oh was even living at at the time. Still confused about it being Kent when he lived in Wales and still wondering about this locksmith business....I am presuming it's a scare tactic.

is it possible that is a parking fine from before PCNs were decriminalised

been having a look round and found this thread from December 2011

HMCS kent surrey and sussex finance centre

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?331920-Marston-and-fixed-penalty-collection

this is the closest i can fined but its a place to start

http://212.137.36.113/HMCSCourtFinder/Search.do;jsessionid=9B2D998818AC3E29B544E99BD900D59B

• Haha 1