tax credit review letter

britishred
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4262 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Just the yrs on the letter . get advice before calling them .. good luck i promise it will work out

Thank you here's hoping am making myself ill with worry. I will see if I can get some advice got couple numbers for benefit lawyers :)

Week down the line and still no phone call. Dont qualify for free legal advice and cant afford to pay £170 per hour to get it!!! Really dont know what to do. I can supply bank statements for my bank account but doubt whether he will give me statements for his account (albeit joint names - again stupidly given them to him as it relates to his wages and outgoings not mine!!). I can send them utility bills in my sole name, wage slips etc. Banks wont take his or my name off each others account without both signatures then accounts have to be closed down - he has point blank refused to do this as all direct debits etc set up on his account for whatever he does. I did ask about this years ago not long after we split and was told the same thing - he was away in the forces all the time and only once every 2/3 weekends to see the kids and wouldnt do it then either. I feel like i am in an impossible situation that i cant get out of. My bank statements will show I am not financially dependent on him but have read that the fact the accounts are joint are enough for HMRC to decide you are a couple??!! I have asked Experian to sort out a dis-association and am waiting to hear if they have done this. As I said before I had no idea because we had joint accounts and have had a joint mortgage that everything he does flags up on my credit file. I have discovered over the weekend that just last week whatever he has done has entered 3 more entries on my file!!!! Is it ever going to end???? I have come to the conclusion that perhaps it might be better to write to them but dont know where to start. HELP!!!! :(

got my overpayment letter today. in total i owe £5000 and obviously cant pay it in one go so shall ring them to discuss a payment plan. do they give you twelve months to pay it back? also in the what to do now column it states that ' if we later find you knew this information was incorrect or incomplete and did not tell us you may be liable to a financial penalty and/or you may be prosecuted' does this mean that they may look at my claim at a later date again?

I have read somewhere they will give 12 months but if large amounts u can't afford it goes to their debt recovery team and they can take payments for up to 10 years. I imagine this will be after an income and outgoing calculation is carried out. Have they told u they are not going back any further than the years on your letter? I have had my phone call end of last week and been given 30 days to supply bank statements, utility bills, tv licence. They could back to 2005 for me and am absolutely beside myself with worry they will do this. I don't know legally ow far back they can go :(

in my initial letter they were looking at 2011/2012 and that is all they asked for. i admitted that i had been living with my OH since 2010 i did not have to provide bank statements etc.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone actually know if they will go back further after they deal with the year they are asking about in letter you receive? What is the criteria for them in doing this if they do?

Similar to yours asked for 2011/2012 sent off evidencehe overseas so techically cannot claim joint if they dont accept evidence (according to their manual) i know they have my paperwork as i rang and was toldi would hear from them in duecourse. They could take it back further with me which i hope they dont. I read that they can legally go back 5 years? Im going tosolicitor next week for advice about stopping this years claim which i havent renewed yet. I would rather be short of money than live with the stress of the last few week.

Similar to yours asked for 2011/2012 sent off evidencehe overseas so techically cannot claim joint if they dont accept evidence (according to their manual) i know they have my paperwork as i rang and was toldi would hear from them in duecourse. They could take it back further with me which i hope they dont. I read that they can legally go back 5 years? Im going tosolicitor next week for advice about stopping this years claim which i havent renewed yet. I would rather be short of money than live with the stress of the last few week.

I know what you mean. I want to cancel mine but thought I would wait and see what their response is to documentation first. I have joint account that ex won't agree to close so am stuck! Got a feeling thy will hammer me because of this, account been open from before my initial claim, so was wondering how far they can go back. Don't see why should cancel as am claiming entitlement but cos he lives here and we have joint accounts they probably won't believe we not together. My wages go ino my account and his into his account everything is separate apart from names are jointly on accounts! Agree though can't do this stress every year so will cancel if they don't do it themselves. I did renew this year but received letter few weeks later. They are still paying me at moment. I had heard they could go back 10 years!!! Just wish it was over with now :( There is so much uncertainty about what they can do how far back they can go etc. They told on phone they had written to me after information from credit reference agency, have read they do things with experian so I paid for credit report. It shows me in association with ex as of course previous to claim we had joint accounts, joint loans and mortgage. Nothing after my claim jointly except bank accounts are still open and use separately by each of us. Keep updating on here though :)

I know what you mean. I want to cancel mine but thought I would wait and see what their response is to documentation first. I have joint account that ex won't agree to close so am stuck! Got a feeling thy will hammer me because of this, account been open from before my initial claim, so was wondering how far they can go back. Don't see why should cancel as am claiming entitlement but cos he lives here and we have joint accounts they probably won't believe we not together. My wages go ino my account and his into his account everything is separate apart from names are jointly on accounts! Agree though can't do this stress every year so will cancel if they don't do it themselves. I did renew this year but received letter few weeks later. They are still paying me at moment. I had heard they could go back 10 years!!! Just wish it was over with now :( There is so much uncertainty about what they can do how far back they can go etc. They told on phone they had written to me after information from credit reference agency, have read they do things with experian so I paid for credit report. It shows me in association with ex as of course previous to claim we had joint accounts, joint loans and mortgage. Nothing after my claim jointly except bank accounts are still open and use separately by each of us. Keep updating on here though :)

Hi there it seems from what I have heard and read that they only look at the year on the letter ( think if u don't co-operate with what they want to know ) they may then look further into it!! If u still waiting to hear I would start phoning them every other day that's what I did in the end with mine as the stress was to much for me ( still feel but shaken now ) and mine has been sorted now! Suppose after 2 months of stress it will take a while to chill out again! Don't make urself ill with worry it really doesn't help I should know !!! I hope it gets sorted soon :(

hi i also paid for experian but i have no financial association on it as there has never been anything joint. i did a dissacociation but was told that as he had no financial association to me then it couldnt be done. he has taken out credit loans at this address and was on council tax as i was informed if we had seperate lives, fionances etc then i could claim as single. If i had been falsely claiming then i doubt he would have been on council tax or taken out credit lol. But unfortunately i have nothing on paper nothing official to confirm that we lived seperate lives apart from seperate bank account and all household bills in my name only. I would put a joint claim in for years in question but as he is not physically in uk then i guess i cant, i just want to get on with my life now and never have anything to do with tax credits - even if it means living off potatoes and pasta !!! i hope my solicitor can give me some advice as to how to proceed, even if my evidence comes back ok i still dont want the money as next year will be the same. please if anyone has had similar experience as regards living in same house but not in a relationship please update your info wether it be good or bad news, i dont think they are dealing with every claim the same as i have read every forum going and similar claims have had different outcomes

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I am new on here but nope someone can give me some advice as I am worried. About a week ago I got a letter from tc saying they are reviewing my claim due to my ex being there as they have credit reference checks. I telephoned them and told them that I had only been seeing him again since bit a month when he offered to look after my kids why I worked, however the person on the phone said that he had creit in this address in 2010. He did use this address as a mailing address but no credit or anything has been taken out in his name for the past 5 years. The only letters I get are debt letters. Anyway the tc said I had to close my single claim down and reopen a joint claim, I said that he wasn't living with me during the time stated, but they insisted that I did this then that would be the end of it and they would make me ay the money back. However, as I had no job I was in benefit for the whole of last year he then said he would let them know, I am now worried I case they do me for benefit fruad even though it was not right. ADoes anyone know what evidence is required for this to go to court can they just use credit reference checks? I can't give them an address he was at because he didn't have one and was staying with various family members. I am now off benefits and started work this year however I am worried they will de me for benefit fruad for the past years even though the only evidence they have. Is credit reference checks. Please help!!

god i am in similar circumstances,i cant prove where my ex was as he wasnt registered there or anything,just makes me ill,i just recieved a 3000 grand penalty and 22000 grand overpayment!!!i am appealing but they will throw it out as i cant provide new evidence and i presume they will prosecute me aswell all for nothing.

I know it's bad the way they just accuse you of things they don't even know about did you get done for ax credit review first the thing is I ain't on benefit no more what evidence do they have against you was it just credit reference