style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hope this is correct forum

We are planning a trip on a weekday soon to the V&A Museum in Kensington. I am slightly confused about the boundary of the CC. TfL's map show the zone as Hyde Park -ish, but I seem to recall that the road is marked with a "C" just over the junction of the A4 and Earls Court Road

Any thoughts please?

Hello there.

Are you asking because you'll be travelling by car? If you will be, I think this might be one for the parking forum guys. Here is about public transport.

Of course you might be asking a different question. :)

Edit: I forgot the parking forums had changed, haven't been there for a few weeks. You might need a read around, but I do remember questions cropping up about the CC. Maybe the local authority one?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hope this is correct forum

We are planning a trip on a weekday soon to the V&A Museum in Kensington. I am slightly confused about the boundary of the CC. TfL's map show the zone as Hyde Park -ish, but I seem to recall that the road is marked with a "C" just over the junction of the A4 and Earls Court Road

Any thoughts please?

Don't forget that Boris reduced the area of the CC zone. Earls Court was in the 'old' (and larger) zone - but not now.

Mike

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Slightly confused

We are planning a trip on a weekday to V& A Kensington

According to TfL map this and immediate roads are not in CCZ, but I recall seeing a big C on the road and signs just over the A4 -Earls Court road junction

Any clarification gratefully received

I think your recollection must be from around or before Christmas 2010. Earls Court was the start of the 'Western Extention' that was scrapped from 4 January 2011. But as the last day of charge was 24 December 2010 but signs and road markings may have remained in place a few days longer.

The current zone is here http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/roadusers/congestioncharge/whereandwhen/

The V&A is outside the zone, on the left edge of tyhe map.

Parking might be another matter though!

EDIT. Sorry to duplicate you, Michael.

I was distracted between completing my post and sending it.

park out Park Royal area and tube in

There are parking restrictions in that area too, due to many like minded people as yourself.

You will find car parks at stations further out such as West Ruislip (Central Line), Hillingdon & Ickenham (both on Metropolitan & Piccadilly Lines), all within minutes of M40/M25. But they too fill up fast.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/tubestationcarparks/default.aspx