style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning People,

A friend has contacted me recently regarding rossendales. She has received a hand delivered letter stating that she owes the CT liability of £666 plus costs. (the costs have not been listed/itemised/declared yet !!) This is the first correspondence she has received NO letter through the post statiung that thecase has been passed to them asking for income and expenditure analysis etc

On the letter it states "its not too late to pay by installments if a payment of £60 is received"

Obviously i have told her to Ignore rossendales for now. She is going to the council today to arrange a DD to pay the current years liability but the £666 is for the previous year.

She is a single parent with 2 children 8 and 13.

Low income etc etc etc.

Now i have dealt with rossendales with success in the past but i havent had to deal with them for the last 2 or 3 years. Can anyone bring me up to speed in terms of what they can charge, what she can expect, letter templates to send to rossendales etc etc.

I have instructed her not to let them into the property under any circumstances not to make any payments to Rossendales. I have instructed her to issue a payment of £60 to the council and state that it is for the arrears not for the current year.

Thanks in advance

Be careful if she is paying the council as they may take the payment off this years and not last years.

She might be able to make a payment online at the council website if she uses last years details.

As for the doc don't worry to much, it's the first letter.

IT'S TIME FOR US LITTLE PEOPLE TO FIGHT BACK:)

Be careful if she is paying the council as they may take the payment off this years and not last years.

She might be able to make a payment online at the council website if she uses last years details.

As for the doc don't worry to much, it's the first letter.

I have told her to STRESS that the payment is for the arrears not the current year. I just need a letter to send to Rossers to tell them that "they are not getting paid and payments are going to be made directly to the council. They will not be granted access to the property blah blah blah..." i used to keep one on my hard drive as a template but i cant seem to find it :???:

It is possible she could be classed as potentially vulnerable, she could contact the Rossendales welfare department, I have details if you need them. Or I could pass these details on to Rossendales on your friends behalf.

However I would first try the council and see if she can negotiate some sort of repayment with the council first.