• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Kevboy_telford Vs LLoyds

Kevboy_telford
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Kev, I was sorry to read of this on the BBC News site but remember, it isn't over unless you choose it to be. You've got Martin Lewis on side with a wonderful, generous offer to assist you, and your case is most certainly a hideous fluke.

I don't know what the judge was thinking, especially as, as usual, the bank was a no-show and treated the whole proceedings with contempt. The bank hasn't proven its charges are fair because it can't, and it hasn't had to outline what it really costs to do this and that penalty charge.

So this makes no sense to me. I am convinced you will win on appeal.

Of course, like many others, I am a bit wobbly now as my case is yet to move forward - I've sent off court docs, and my bank has made it known it intends to defend (though whether it sends in a defence or not, who can say?). But I know what's right and I know what's wrong. These charges are inflated, crippling, and hit the poor - and disabled such as myself - the hardest because we are the ones least able to pay, so we are penalised again and again and again.

Take heart. You've a groundswell of good feeling coming your way, with the majority - I am sure - convinced, second time round, on appeal, you WILL win. And that will mean a bigger financial hit for the bank than if they'd acted with humanity and done the right thing in the first place.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Point 33 made me laugh. I thought Judges were supposed to be in touch with modern society.

Since when were judges in touch with anything never mind modern society? LoL:-D

BOS Prelim : 19/06/06 Owed : £382: offered £90.LBA sent 02/07/06, Delivered: 04/07/06. Offer increased to full £382 but with condition. Settled 4/11/06.

Data Protection Act sent to BOS CC : 19/06/06. Acknowledged : 03/07/06 Statements Received : 11/07/06 owed £845

Statements received for closed BOS account: 27/07/06, Owed £2596.52

First claim on closed BOS account now started - £735 Prelim received 7/11/06 LBA sent 5/12/06, Offered Full £735 but with conditions. Claim filed 22/01/07

CapitalOne-£1247, settled in full.

LloydsTSB- £910, sttled in full.

LET BATTLE COMMENCE

Hi Kev,

It goes without saying that we are all behind you. Hopefully the mods have interveined and are supporting you, and guiding you on what you need to do.

We will all be watching to see what happens next.

Good luck.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

You have to appeal, Martin will help you and i really believe this judgement was a mistake and taken at face value instead of using common sense and fact. If you appeal i think you will have to carefully prepare a defence to the judgement but it should be possible to get this overturned....not least on the grounds that the judge could not expect you to provide details of the costs the banks are invloved with unless he was to order the bank to give you access to their files, the order should be the other way round

Long time ago in a galaxy FAR FAR AWAY, there lived an elf who shot banks for a living.........

Now through the power of the internet there is the CONSUMER ACTION GROUP,

Watch out they are getting crafty those pesky CRITTERS!

Banks will tell you their charges are transparent!

So is the invisible man but that does not mean he is fair or lawful.

DONT GIVE UP! FOLLOW THE CAG ADVICE AND RECLAIM YOUR CHARGES.

CAPITAL BANK! YOU ARE NEXT.

You have to keep fighting!! When i first hear the news i spent the next hour trawling the teletext and internet- then found the nearest bottle of wine!! I hope you have done the same- give your self a couple of days and then start the appeal.

You have the backing of every one behind you- you have offers of finacial assistance and untold support.

Think of all of us sitting here wondering how we will get back on track without resorting to selling our bodies if we loose our cases- trust me i wouldn't make much that way!!!

Best of luck kev

You have my full support and a tenner waiting to assist-

Any advise for us still awaiting a hearing would be muh appreciated

Oj

blonde!! no jargon please

Kev i am sure there are a lot of tenners sitting waiting for you, The appeal is the only way to sort them out, the judge has issued a farcical judgement

p.s If i was to sell my body i fear it will cost me a fortune!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

Long time ago in a galaxy FAR FAR AWAY, there lived an elf who shot banks for a living.........

Now through the power of the internet there is the CONSUMER ACTION GROUP,

Watch out they are getting crafty those pesky CRITTERS!

Banks will tell you their charges are transparent!

So is the invisible man but that does not mean he is fair or lawful.

DONT GIVE UP! FOLLOW THE CAG ADVICE AND RECLAIM YOUR CHARGES.

CAPITAL BANK! YOU ARE NEXT.

Kev

Just been reading another related article on BBC if you appeal the bank will still settle as if they lose in high court they will have to refund all customers so well worth taking up the offers of support and fighting on not just for yourself but for us all who have cases coming up after all no bank will go to court until your appeal is heard and settled.

Barry

p.s £20 here if a fund is set up

gutted for you :(

on the point about providing evidence, is there no way that CAG could get access to the Editors or reporters of the recent programme which they contributed to which had experts giving their judgement of the likely cost being as little as 2 quid to deal with an overdrawn item.

Also, has any1 thought of some other form of protest if the courts decide it is legal. Just because something is legal does not make it right, perhaps other options could be looked into for e.g. mass withdrawal and changing of bank accounts with banks like Lloyds that don't listen. Just a thought.

Kev, ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE. I wonder if this judge has thought if you can't beat them join them. His judgement is so way off the mark. Is he saying that you do not have a contract with the bank. Thus his remarks that you are not in breach of contract. As he said the following:

"Having held that the charges complained of are not charges for breach of contract but part of the price of the services provided by the bank....he has not satisfied me that he has any ground in law for recovering from the bank the amount of any charges which he has paid to it," he said. What was actually said when the judge questioned you ? Also what i find strange is that the bank did not try to settle with you in court or before.

I don't understand this unless they already knew what the judge had decided. I know you don't want sympathy Kev. but justice. Keep fighting mate and don't give in.Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Guest ChloeJane

Hi there!

Please accept £20 from me too!

You have a great case for appeal and while my £20 would do little to go towards such a bill, I doubt you would actually have need to pay for a litigation expert and could perhaps appeal on your own.

The High Court is a whole different ball game. Not anything like the lower courts but do not let this put you off.

The Judges decisions are fundamentally flawed even on a legal basis and while I am not qualified yet, would be happy to put together and help with hours for a battle and assist with good legal arguement.

There is a great legal arguement there that could in fact force Lloyds hand to reveal actual costs - so would like to help if you choose to appeal and donate all the hours you would like!

You are welcome to all the access to my civil litigation books but do hope, that you will take this one step further, for your own beliefs not those of anybody on the site. I would respect any decision you made but you have my support in taking it through to the process.

CJ

Just been readin through all these posts. My hearing with Nat West 4 July so like everyone else this has really rattled me! But what a brilliant offer of Martin to help you out - PLEASE take him up on this offer - Im sure you will win on appeal and in the long run it will help everyone else. Keep us posted what happens. You must be feeling low at the moment but keep up the good fight - with Martin's help YOU WILL WIN JUSTICE!!!!!! JG

Kev, ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE. I wonder if this judge has thought if you can't beat them join them. His judgement is so way off the mark. Is he saying that you do not have a contract with the bank. Thus his remarks that you are not in breach of contract. As he said the following:

"Having held that the charges complained of are not charges for breach of contract but part of the price of the services provided by the bank....he has not satisfied me that he has any ground in law for recovering from the bank the amount of any charges which he has paid to it," he said. What was actually said when the judge questioned you ? Also what i find strange is that the bank did not try to settle with you in court or before.

I don't understand this unless they already knew what the judge had decided. I know you don't want sympathy Kev. but justice. Keep fighting mate and don't give in.Good luck.

No, the judge's argument is that there *is* a contract in place, but that it hasn't been breached - that these charges are just pre-agreed fees for the bank providing a service without having to ask first. I've posted a lot more thoughts regarding this "argument" in the other thread ("First victory to Lloyds"), if anyone can be bothered sifting through them.

Think of all of us sitting here wondering how we will get back on track without resorting to selling our bodies if we loose our cases- trust me i wouldn't make much that way!!!

I don't know, I like blondes. It might be worth a try :grin:

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

Damnit Kev, you got the first. I am just waiting for my AQ to arrive.

Go and get your name in lights, law books, news, tv. You could be immortalised forever as the guy whose case set a precedent.

But seriously, I cant see you losing at the Appeal if your defence is sound. After all, the court of appeal will be a whole lot more thorough.

I just keep picturing Lloyds doing the old spitting out of coffee when they heard they had won. They were expecting a loss as usual. Now they are like "what the hell, we dont have a generic form to reply to this". They are as prepared for the court of appeal as you are Kev.

I go with the general opinion that they will settle before appeal, especially now its on the news headlines and Mr Lewis is on the scene.

GL Kev , I shall be keeping a close eye here.

Plymss

Kev

Just been reading another related article on BBC if you appeal the bank will still settle as if they lose in high court they will have to refund all customers so well worth taking up the offers of support and fighting on not just for yourself but for us all who have cases coming up after all no bank will go to court until your appeal is heard and settled.

Barry

p.s £20 here if a fund is set up

Echo your sentiments..............I'll pledge 100 to the fund becuase I think you will win at the High Court - just needs to be carefully thought out and presented and then g-d help the banks......they will have to refund every single customer without being asked - this will particularly help the more vulnerable customers who are scared of the banks calling in their loans etc if they complain............

Take heart.........this was only a lower court decision......it will be different when you reach the higher courts...............

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

god i just want to say dont let them beat you down! you will win this and then youll make even more money in interviews! dont think the bank will forget about this court case though ! theyll see u appeal and hand deliver you the money!!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

think there might be a pattern here!?:lol:

GE Money- won

barclaycard-- N1 put into court

capital one - won

NatWest- won

never lose sight of your goal!

Echo your sentiments..............I'll pledge 100 to the fund becuase I think you will win at the High Court - just needs to be carefully thought out and presented and then g-d help the banks......they will have to refund every single customer without being asked - this will particularly help the more vulnerable customers who are scared of the banks calling in their loans etc if they complain............

Take heart.........this was only a lower court decision......it will be different when you reach the higher courts...............

I'll happily pledge £100 to the fund as well :)

Sorry to hear about the courts decision, I really hope you do appeal.

Good luck!!

REFUNDED

Hubbys - HSBC £4,165 paid 18/8 after MCOL issued :)

HSBC - £651 paid 18/8 after MCOL issued :)

HSBC - £147 Prel 7/8, LBA 21/8, MCOL 6/9 £241

Hubby Halifax - Prel 29/7 £215, LBA 21/8, Offer rec. £110 22/8, MCOL 6/9 £298

Abbey - £2758 - Prel 26/6, LBA 10/7 - MCOL 26/7 £3,391, offer 25/8 £1,755.94, paid £3567.32 after Case manag hearing

Barclays - £675 Prel7/8, LBA 21/8, offer received £300 MCOL 6/9 £998 - Paid £1,012 before going to Court

Hi Kev

We are both really sorry to hear this you must be gutted. We are due to hit our 28th day tomorrrow with our money online claim with Barclays and as yet have not had a defence so we are right behind you. We will also pledge some cash to help out as this will help everyone eventually and if we all stick together I'm sure we can beat the bullies.

hang in there;)

Kev, you poor devil. I feel guilty that while your maverick judge was handing out his fantasy judgement today, a great fat wedge of wonga appeared in my bank account as settlement of my claim.

Most of it's already earmarked for clearing other debts but I'll keep £100 of it to put towards your fighting fund if you decide to go for the appeal. Be strong.

Count me in for £50

Will you take a cheque ;)

PMSL !!!! :)

... seriously though, count me in also.

£100 pledged here too.

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !