Please Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4348 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, new to the site and in need of some help.

I bought a 57 plate Corsa from a local used car garage on finance. The car had 40k miles on the clock with one previous owner. I paid £4k I have no mechanical knowledge.

On getting the car home it initially ran quite well for a few days then disaster struck and the car began to overheat and the brakes didn't work. It was recovered to a local garage who replaced the water pump with the selling garage covering the cost. The local garage informed me that the car had been in a previous crash and stated the repairs were very poor and suggested the crash had been quite substantial.

I informed my finance company by email of the problems and my concerns about the previous accident which they informed me if true would of come up on checks but they hadn't so informed me that any accident would of been minor. Sadly this was done by phone but went some way to putting my mind at rest.

The problems weren't resolved so the selling garage, who was run by a mechanic, took the car back and fixed the car blaming us or the previous mechanic for damaging the car on purpose.

The car ran ok for a few months then the problems returned.

The head gasket had gone.

The seller refused to fix the car therefore I got onto the finance company who has authorised a local garage to fix the car and they will pick up the bill.

This has been done but the garage has informed me that the car has had some major damage previously. They tell me the engine has been out and not put back in properly, both wings are new, fit badly and are sprayed poorly, the whole drivers side is full of filler and a bad paint job and the rear panel has been replaced.

The mechanic informs me that the paint will bubble and rust within 18 months, he suggests we get rid of the car asap.

Ideally I would like to continue with my finance company who have been great throughout this whole procedure however I want rid of this car.

A rough timeline is car bought xmas 2011, Email outlining damage Jan 2012, head gasket april 2012

Please advise how I should progress this. All advise would be gratefully received....

You are obviously planning to get rid of the car and the choices you have are repair it, scrap it or put it back into the system for someone else who might notice the condition and it would be nice to know what you are likely to get for it compared with how much you paid.

You will also have to declare to a buyer how much outstanding finance is on it.

So are you likely to get enough to cover the outstanding finance.

If the finance company took it back, (not very likely) they would send it to auction and get very little for it as the dealers etc who buy from auctions would certainly notice something like you have described.

You would still be liable to make up the shortfall minus early rebate of course.