CP Plus Charge Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner has received a charge notice from CP Plus for parking on their clients property at Roadchef Chester services for 3 hours 17 minutes when the maximum time allowed is 2 hours.

It says the charge is £80 but if she pays within 14 days its £50.

They have sent her the 2 photos of her entering the car park and leaving the car park, she had met a friend there and was planning on being under the 2 hours but they got chatting etc etc and she forgot about the parking notices up at the services. She was in Costa the whole time she was there and spent money there.

Please advise? Any advice would be most welcome!

Regards

gh0108 (Gary)

You will receive all sorts of threats including all your hair dropping out and the first born son in every house in your area dying.

Some of these will even be in (gasp!!) scary red ink.

Only reply to signed stamped court papers - these will be delivered by Lord Lucan riding up your road on Shergar. If that happens come on here and you will get help.

Hi Gary,

Do you know what your PCN (Parking Charge Notice) number is? I work with Roadchef and can investigate this for you.

Regards,

Sophie

There is no need to investigate anything. It is an unenforcable invoice that can be safely IGNORED !

Simple, end of investigation.

hello all:-)

Hi Gary,

Do you know what your PCN (Parking Charge Notice) number is? I work with Roadchef and can investigate this for you.

Regards,

Sophie

Be very careful of sending any information to a new member of this forum. They might actually work for Road Chef or they may be a PPC employee "fishing" for information.

Be very careful of sending any information to a new member of this forum. They might actually work for Road Chef or they may be a PPC employee "fishing" for information.

my money's on the latter DBC :wink:

Hi guys thanks for all the advice, when Surfboy and instruments of joy gave me there advice on day one that was enough for me!

I was also wary of sending any info to a new member no disrespect to you Sophie!

Gary

my wife (not disabled), with 2 toddlers, parked on a disabled bay at waitrose because all parent/child bays were full. on a previous occasion the attendant had allowed disabled drivers to park on parent/child bays. my wife assumed it would be ok for her to do likewise. she has been given a £40 penalty by CP.Plus. The only notice displayed states it is 2 hour free parking but a penalty is payable if overstaying. There are simply "reserved" notices for disabled and parent/child bays. There are no notices re penalties if parking in the wrong bays. No parking charge is required. Is she contractually bound and if so should she pay the penalty?

my wife (not disabled), with 2 toddlers, parked on a disabled bay at waitrose because all parent/child bays were full. on a previous occasion the attendant had allowed disabled drivers to park on parent/child bays. my wife assumed it would be ok for her to do likewise. she has been given a £40 penalty by CP.Plus. The only notice displayed states it is 2 hour free parking but a penalty is payable if overstaying. There are simply "reserved" notices for disabled and parent/child bays. There are no notices re penalties if parking in the wrong bays. No parking charge is required. Is she contractually bound and if so should she pay the penalty?

For a start it's not a "penalty" and she doesn't have to pay them a penny.