• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

CitiFinancial :(

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4184 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My 1st ever post on a forum like this,

resorted to after a couple of weeks of going out of mind with worry about an old situation

I thought had gone away.

Around 9 years ago I took a loan (I think of around) £1500 with Citifnancial.

I had gambling issues and within a 2 year period they 'allowed' me to re-finance a couple of times, also taking out further sums.

Total amount lent was now around the £4k mark I believe.

I thought I knew what I was doing at the time and whilst I was earning was able to make the repayments of around £240 p/m.

Back in May 2008 however I ran into even bigger financial difficulties and told them I needed to make a payment arrangement.

I cancelled the direct debit set up at the time and they said they would contact me to discuss an arrangement in due course.

From then, until Feb 2010 I had heard nothing whatsoever from then and was quite happy, at the time, not to chase them to go through the arrangement.

I had still heard nothing, no monthly or annual statements, no chasers, no nothing.

The payments had stopped and I perhaps stupidly thought I had got lucky.

I ran a free credit report and this Citifnancial Loan was still showing as o/s.

Still, I thought if I could get through until 5/6 years (??) without hearing from them,

the debt record would be automatically wiped form my records (I dont know how accurate this actually is/was)

Nevertheless I did actually call Citi to query the a/c.

I still have the phone notes from my call of 18Feb10.

I explained that I had heard nothing from Citi and thought my debt had been cleared (yes I told a porky pie here)

they told me interest had been frozen and debt was on verge of being passed to a 3rd party.

It was left there & unresolved.....

Until 2 weeks ago, where

I received a letter from Citi saying the loan has been transferred to Britannica Recoveres S.a.r.l.

acting in the name and on behalf of Arrow Global Receivables Management Limited.

they said the a/c would be transfered on 21May12 and I would here from Arrow accordingly.

And so, I have now received the letter from Arrow, repeating that the loan had been withdrawn etc.

and the account will be managed onbehalf of Arrow by Wescot Credit Services.

It finishes by saying "If you are not making regular payments on this account please contact Wescot Credit Services as soon as possible"

I don't really know what to do next.

On one hand I know I was stupid, foolish for both taking the loan(s) out in the 1st place

AND for ever assuming the debt was just going to be left forever

(even though it has taken what seems like forever for some-one to actually contact me)

I think I understand my 1st step would be to ask Wescott,

by recorded delivery for a copy of the credit agreement but does it have to be an actual copy of the signed agreement?

Also, does the amount of time the debt has just been left give me any advantage/disadvantage at all??

Do I have any leg to stand on??

I am working but still have other debts and certainly could not afford the £240 monthly repayments to have to start again.

Would sincerely appreciate just even the most token piece of advice anyone on here can provide.

Yours most faithfully,

Hi Paul,

Welcome to CAG. You are amongst good people on here.

Firstly, I am NO professional and any opinions or suggestions are only based upon my own personal experience.

With that said, lets move onto how we tackle this.

1) How long has passed since you last made any payment to this account (to anybody)? If 6 years has passed, then the debt becomes Statute Barred (SB).

2) NEVER EVER be tempted to phone original creditor or any debt collection agency (DCA) about this account unless you have a facility to record ALL conversations.

3) Have you obtained a recent copy of your Credit file? If so, what does it mention about this debt?

4) Do you remember if the loan you signed had Payment Protection Insurance applied to it?

5) Have you sent Citi a SAR yet?

Shelley

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

Hi shelley, thank you for your reply... l was starting to think my case was a lost cause!

In answer to your questions, the very last payment l made was in May 2008. So still another 2 yrs until SB would come into it.

I did the free equifax credit report yesterday and there is no mention whatsoever of this debt. Assume this is one positive thing?

The loan definitely had ppi.. unsure of the exact amount of it though.

Havent sent an SAR yet..

Thanks again

Paul

i'd sit on your hands!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Really?? Sit tight n hope for the best eh??

Slightly other worrying thing is that the mentioned two letters have gone to mums house. l moved out just over a yr ago. Worried they will start bombarding the house with more letters and/or send people knocking there.

no doorsteppers or DCA have any legal powers

they are not BAILIFFS

and never will be.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thanks dx... thats something good to know... doubt they are gonna now just leave me alone completley until may 14....that is quite some big ask!

any idea why it may not be showing on the credit report? ls the free, 1st report not a full report??

get another cra file

noddle is free

see below.

dx

and they

• 3 months later...

Dear all, I'm back..

So since my last post(s) I had received a statement of account from Britannica/Arrow

simply showing payments that had (or should I say hadn't been made on the account)

And a couple of days ago I received Notification of a change to my Equifax Credit File.

On checking, there is now an entry in the name of Britannica/Arrow.

Previously there was no mention of this loan with Citi on the Credit File at all.

Do you still suggest I sit tight and wait for them to contact me further?

Getting slightly nervous about proper action being taken against me now ...

Appreciate all / any help or advice.

Kind regards

when was the loan taken out?

dx

and they

The loan was taken out initially in 2003 but then 'refinanced' another 1 or 2 times within the 2 years that followed.

Last payment ever made to them was May 08 and up til recently (July 12) my 1st post on here, I had received nothing from Citi. Now Britannica/Arrow have been getting involved.

then that SAR is a priority.

as you've refinanced you'll have ppi on ppi and ppi int on ppi int

you are in for a windfall.

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

Dear DX, I

have a development of such.

I didn't send an SAR to Arrow / Brittanica.

I received a letter dated 15Oct from a company called Rossendales saying they are trying to contact me regarding a personal matter

and had been provided my address as a possible address.

I ignored this and yesterday received a further letter from them.

In short it said that id failed to respond,

I should be in no doubt that payment I owe will be pursued and company will utilise its experience blah blah

and I must contact them within 7 days or collection procedures will continue.

Interestingly, it says the client is Arrow Global RML (and not citifinancial)

does this mean arrow bought the debt from Citi and now Rossendales have bought it from Arrow?

I note your previous message regarding PPI and I found an old telephone note for a convo with someone at Citi Mar10

& they confirmed there was a PPI premium on my a/c of £640.88.

Does this give me any sort of bargaining tool?

Should I contact them now and if so do l do so by phone or letter?

Apologies for the length of this post.

Kind regards

get that sar to citi done

sit tight

never ever ring a dca

dx

and they