DCA Response

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Not been on here for a while but thought I make a general comment sorry if its been made before.

I have an outstanding debt which is in dispute and I very rarly hear anything new or get any demads; BUT every now and again I check my Credit Reference file; only every 6 Months or so but everytime I do I get a new letter from a DCA. I send off the usual " I don't recognise this debt send me proof" and nothing cames back. Its been over a year since I have heard anything Then last month I check my CRF and behold another letter within 2 weeks.

So what I am asking is do DCA's know when we check our files? are they allowed this info? I am pretty sure its not a coincedence.

There is an Experian 'alert' service which DCAs sign up to - whereby they can be alerted when you check your files. Some people claim this is not the reason why you suddenly get letters from the cretins but it does seem co-incidental.

There is an Experian 'alert' service which DCAs sign up to - whereby they can be alerted when you check your files. Some people claim this is not the reason why you suddenly get letters from the cretins but it does seem co-incidental.

Wow thats intersting; thanks for the response. Not sure how I feel about that really.

Interesting that. I check my credit file quite often, so if this were the case I'd be tripping over the post every time I come home from work but this doesn't happen.

The reason I check my file so often is that I am aware of the strange coincidences that occur when a debt gets close to being statute barred. By some miracle, phantom payments appear which you were never aware of and which reset the SB clock. This appears to be a regular occurrence on here according the posts I've seen recently.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

I'm wondering if they particularly target homeowners, I am no longer one of that group so maybe they realise they can't get blood out of a stone as they already have been taken.

I am a home owner, but I still don't get much post. I expect that to change later this year or the start of next year when some of my accounts become close to statute barred, but It hasn't happened yet.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

The alert service as I understand it is not so much when you check your file but when you make any change, so if you update your details with the credit reference company it flags it... also if you update your details with any of your other lenders who report to your credit file the same can happen.

S.