Moorcroft Debt Collection (again)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok heres the story, I have a credit card with Halifax, and I was unable to keep up payments for a while, they sent my debt to Moorcroft Debt Collection, I have been paying on time through a direct debit, bar one time when I was forced to temporerilly cancel my direct debit, after which they called me and we set it up agian, payments since have all been on time again.

This month I had a payment I was not expecting leave my bank, which resulted in a failed direct debit, I have recieved no phone calls only one letter stating they want me to pay the outstanding balance by return of post, I was wondering if they can say I have to pay that way seeing as I do not have a cheque book? I also hate cheques they are an outdated form of payment. They do not know I do not have a cheque book because they haven't bothered to call me, I have sent them an email demanding they call me on Monday or I will contact the financial ombudsman, because I find this demanding a form of payment I am unable to make is very unreasonable.

I just want to make a payment from my bank (whether its a direct debit or card payment I don't care) is it within their rights to demand I pay by cheque, they also thretened further action if I do not comply.

I have also emailed Halifax with this complaint, is it within reason to ask them to take my debt back if they contact me, after I have been paying Moorcroft for so long? (about 6-7 months)

Edit: I want to get this debt cleared as fast as possible, and my previous arrangement with them was fine, until they drop this on me, because of one problem with my direct debit and all I want to do is honour the origanal agreement I made with them.

Edit Pt2: Also this letter demanding I pay by return of post only is the only contatct I have recived from them since this direct debit was rejected, is it even legal to demand one form of payment when they are completly oblivious as to the means I can pay?

Edited by delsus

They can ask for payment in any way they wish, however, you TELL them in what method you will pay and how much

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

They can ask for payment in any way they wish, however, you TELL them in what method you will pay

Thats what I was planning on, personally I'm half expecting them to not contact me about it, I really do not trust them after this. I have contacted Halifax requesting them to call me to see if they will take the debt back, but I'm not too sure how that will go.

Also I have just checked the Consumer Credit Counciling Service website, and on there it says I must wait 8 weeks before I can escelate a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman, anyone know if this it completly true, or can I contact them whenever I like?

you can write to them whenever you like but they will tell you exactly the same give the company 8 weeks to deal with complaint

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

you can write to them whenever you like but they will tell you exactly the same give the company 8 weeks to deal with complaint

Ok I guess I will handle Moorcroft and Halifax on my own for now then (possibly with a little help from you guys)

the question is why not pay halifax direct by your internet banking site, they cannot refuse it that way>

there is no legal reason why ouy MUST pay a DCA

unless they own the debt

then i'd be asking why?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They may have asked for a cheque but it's probably just a standard letter. I imagine they'll be just as happy for you to pay by card over the phone or online (see the back of one of their demands). The form of payment won't be part of any agreement, only how much and how often.

If you have online banking - obtain bank details for whoever you are going to pay and set up either a standing order or transfer the payment on the day you want to make the payment yourself.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

And NEVER EVER set up a direct debit with a debt collection company again, no matter how much they try and get you to do so, you should ONLY ever set up a standing order to DCA's, and even then that is if they have provided irrefutable proof that they are entitled to receive your money, none of them ever really are!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Don't send a cheque either. It will have your signature on it and these **** are not to be trusted. It might also be worth sending a CCA request to see if they can provide a legally-enforceable copy of your credit agreeement. It only £1.00 and you can find a template here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?414-CCA-request-letter. Remember to use a postal order and don't sign the letter.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.