style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4338 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if someone can give me some advice? I have been off sick for some while now and do not go back to work quite yet, however, I have had an email off my Line Manager advising me that it is against company policy to air my feelings on Social Media Websites.

I sent an email back to her and asked her when this occurred? what did I say? and who did I speak about or to? I have heard nothing back from her since. I also got reminded that the company are still paying my wages! I also sent a copy of this email to my HR Department and asked them to stop my Line Manager contacting me in this manner if she cannot substantiate her claims.

What more can I do please as I am getting emails like this and other things? I feel harassed as I am supposed to be off sick and have a sick note to that effect. I feel like big brother is watching me?

I have done nothing wrong at all but are the company allowed to keep on emailing me and reminding me I work for them in this manner, how could I possibly forget?:mad2:

What will be will be and none of us can change the course of history or human nature:wink:

It all depends what you have said, so until they can tell you what they have found offensive, there isn't much that you can do!

Goes without saying though - whether at work, or off sick, do not mention the employer or your job, or any of your colleagues in connection with work.....it is too easy for an innocent remark to be taken out of context. Probably best not to have any colleagues as 'friends' if it can be avoided.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

I have sadly now worked that you are right Sidewinder I simply cannot have work colleagues as friends which is a shame because I have known them for years! I cannot trust anyone which again is a shame.

The thing is I have already had a grievance out on my Line Manager and if they continue I am afraid I will take it further. By the way I am the only way that she has contacted in this manner, no one else has been contacted and reminded of the use of Social Media Websites. I feel as I am picked on.

Thank you for your kind advice.

What will be will be and none of us can change the course of history or human nature:wink:

• 2 weeks later...

as well as avoiding having work friend on social sights make sure u block as many of the back stabers as you can and limmit what people can see, even if not frends with you they may be watching! sad world we live in, also remove any wording of who you work for,

if your company has more than one manager you can request that somone else hadles your case and that they alone contact you, and ask that said manager does not contact you,

i had this sort of prob with #### wharehouse (the super store in green,)

but i made a coment on facebook about being harrased while out after an industiral injury, they used this to sack me!

coxyboi I have now blocked all of the back stabbers that I work with and yes I know who they are, I have also limited what people can see and what I say too. I have never said anywhere who I work for but personally I wouldn't anyway because I am not proud of the company in the first place! and my previous employer I was proud to work for them and still wished I did now. My company does indeed have more than one manager but I will not be contacting them soon as my GP told me last week that it stresses me out and not to do it as it is unnecessary.I know that the company are looking for ways to get rid of me without paying for it but I am afraid that I am a fighter and will not go down without a fight and it does not matter how big or small a company may be at all. Sorry to hear though that you got the sack for telling the truth!!

thanks im not sad to be gone but do miss some of the work mates,

but it does upset me that so many companys are now doing this and getting away with it, and its so out of preporsion, its not like i asalted any one or said the company was ripping people off or gave away trade secrits or went to the press,

i only said was this letter taking the pxxx?

the letter was about me failling to stay incontact so they would stop my sick pay,

i had no mail or calls from the office saying they needed to see me, i had been into meetings about 6 days before this letter was sent to me, i was signed off for several weeks and all this was discused in the meetings, so thought i could be left alone for 10-14 days

i think the companys see it as if they still paying you, you should still be at tthere becan-call oh and the days that should be rest days to. calls at 9am or before,

sorry going off a bit lol

they might complaine that you not keeping them updated....

so ask them to put it in writing what they need from you, what they class as resonabel contact?

then tell them that your condition is unlikly to drasticly change over x weeks pending seeing doctor on x you will update them after this apointment because doing so before would be pointless ,

wish you luck hope get well soon,