Help me help my mum with littlewoods and ppi *** SUCCESS VIA AVIVA***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Firstly I apologise for my ranting and lengthy post

I recently discovered that my Mum has had a littlewoods account for years and pays every 28 days by direct debit, without EVER checking her statements. Surprise surprise, she discovered PPI payments in her Littlewoods statement. March's statement included £90.00 for ppi alone.

She can't recall ever discussing ppi or signing any documents regarding ppi in relation to any account she has. She also claims that she has never been sent any documents regarding ppi.

When she called Littlewoods to question the ppi the adviser offered to remove the ppi and return the previous 3 months payments. She declined and requested they send her a ppi claim form which she completed and returned.

Littlewoods response was along the lines of,

Account opened in 1985. In 1998 she agreed on a call with littlewoods to add level 1 ppi to her account and that they can assure her that on the call she was advised all benefits, terms and conditions, cnx rights, additional payment information. They boldly continue by then claiming that" they can assure her that she was advised that ppi was not necessary and that she had traded for the last 12 years without it."

They then claim that they called her in March 2005 to make her aware that she had 'been trading for the last 8 years with only the basic level 1care 500 on her account, and she agreed to upgrade to the level 2 extra care 500 while on the call. Again they promise that she was advised all the relevant information while on the call.

They then admittedly advise that in October 2005 Littlewoods upgraded her insurance to the advantage plus more expensive more in depth cover? and that all documents and Opt out info were definitely posted to her. I can not believe they admit to upgrading her level of cover which increased in price without her consent.

Their letter concludes that she was not miss sold ppi and will not be receiving any refund. They also state in her letter that she can complain to the FOS but they will not be able to provide any help as 'the account was opened pre 2004 and before this time they were not a member of a dispute resolution service then.

I wrote to them last week including £1.00 postal order and yet have not received cca request. I also requested copies of the relevant telephone calls and or a transcript. I also questioned why she never received any documents and surely their admission to the oct 2005 upgrade to a new policy without her consent is surely an admission of miss selling and queried why after 20 years of 'trading' without any missed payments they felt the need to increase her cover. I also felt that their advise regarding the FOS appeared to say, complain if you like but there's no point, we clearly only acknowledge disputes etc because we now have a governing body and we have to. The fact that shes been with them for 27 years and has an excessive credit allowance of £20,000.00 (shes nowhere near that) doesn't matter.

Fuming now as I received their response, No they don't have any calls recorded, call logs or transcripts, they can not provide any proof of postage, she was definitely never miss sold anything and if she wants any more advise send them a £1.00 payment to receive her credit agreement. Their decision is final and she will not be receiving any refunds.

I can not believe their cheek in requesting that she sends a £1.00 to cover the cost of receiving a copy of her agreement which shes sure she never signed anyway.

HELP ME PLEASE........

Hi

Thank you for getting back to me.

There response to my CCA request was an unsigned reconstituted copy of an agreement showing her name and address annd outlines basic terms and conditions applying to a littlewoods account stating 0% interest. Attached is an updated terms and conditions showing payment options including interest. There is no mention of any PPI on either.

I replied to this response with a request of a signed agreement and one that showed ppi, I advised that their initial response did not comply with my CCA request, therefore I didnt include the £1.00.

I asked how it is exactly that they can, 'confirm and assure me' that she was told all details of the ppi etc on the telephone calls if they 'don't require' to keep calls from so long ago, and that I found it strange that in 1998 before they were 'part of a dispute resolution service' they were so thorough in their calls. I then asked for a transcript of these calls and on the occassion where they updated her ppi without speaking to her I asked for proof of postage or recorded delivery signature, as surely that would be the only way that they could ensure customers were aware of upgrade, cost, t & c's inc cnx rights etc as by then they were governed by the FOS.

There response was I have to send a £1.00 if I require a duplicate response to CCA request

They are not required to keep calls from so long ago, so don't have a recorded copy of call

They do not have a transcript

They don't use recorded delivery and trust the letters arrived informing her of PPI

No mention of there being no signature

No mention of why would they upgrade without speaking to her

No mention of initial offer to return prev months ppi amount

Where do I go from here.........?

• 1 month later...

Hi

I sent sar request and 53 days later received a response " In response to your sar request we are still gathering all relevant documentation and will be in touch shortly"

How long is shortly? too long!!

Can i begin court action on these clowns? If so where do i start?

they obviously have no signed credit agreement from 1985 or any documented proof that she agreed to ppi and signed for it on the two occasions they claim she did, but what about the 3rd upgrade that they admittedly upgraded her automatically and posted her the details informing her of upgrade additional costs cnx charges etc, is this not a clear admission of miss selling her ppi?

They also mentioned that because her acc opened in 1985 she will have no chance in a ppi refund as this was prior to them being part ' of a dispute resolution service'???????????????????????

aaaaaargh I am so enraged by this posse of bafoons at littlewoods.

Please help, where do i go from here?

• 2 months later...

Hi

So I first posted this thread in May and still we have no resolve! These eejits at Littlewoods are really [EDIT] .

Somebody please help me im unsure what to do next.

To recap;

Mum opened account in 1985

Mum paid monthly without ever checking statements???

Mum looked at a statement this year..2012 and wondered what ppi was?

Mum never worked so adamant no agreement for ppi, clearly,

phoned littlewoods who offered to refund £300.00 straight away obviously mum got suspicious as to the prompt offer of payment

Wrote to littlewoods

whose response was that in 1998 she agreed to add ppi,

in May 2005 this was AUTOMATICALLY upgraded and all changes of costs etc were posted,

and then in OCTOBER 2005 she agreed to upgrade to the full ppi package..

..then they claim that due to ppi being added os long ago

the fos can do nothing and they are not legally required to keep phone tranascripts from so long ago.

Sent SAR..NO RESPONSE

Sent SAR..NO RESPONSE

Sent SAR..

12 WEEKS LATER we got documents,

no signature, no transcripts, no call notes or logs, no proof of any ppi documents being generated on either of the 3 occasions.

no acknowledgement that she was unemployed

Replied to this sar simply demanding a refund of the several thousands of pounds they [had] from her

and also complained to the fos

Littlewoods have sent 3 letters since then apologising for the delay in issuing yet another final decision

I have replied 3 x with a letter before action hoping this would pressure them to refund cash

Since then the FOS have written to say they cant help me but I should find out who underwrote the ppi for littlewoods and contact them

Friday I received a letter from Littlewoodas apologising again for delay and then advised I can now complain to the fos as its been 8 weeks since i complained

Its been 24 weeks since i complained?

Why are they advising I contact the fos?

Who underwrites the ppi should I now go through all this with them.

...I cant believe this company is allowed to operate?

is this a wind up?

Where to now?

What reasons did fos give for not being able to help? was it due to the date that the PPI was taken out?

Have you got any T&Cs for the account as it may state who the underwriters are.

You can also bear in mind that court is an option.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi jacchris,

Just came accross this thread, my wife also was charged for PPI from before 1999 but as she retired in 1996 it was as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Anyway, I only realised in 2009, (yep I know), and have since complained to Shop Direct, who replied with the usual ' not my problem' and latterly to the FOS.

As Shop Direct were not part of the Dispute Resolution Service until November 2004 and the policy was 'sold' before that, the FOS's hands are a bit tied but they are able to chase the Insurance provider which is, in this case and likely to be in yours, Aviva.

We have just received two questionaires from Aviva, one of theirs and another one which is the FOS's original. Was just going to complete the one but find it easier to do both and copy the FOS.

If you wish to chase Aviva their address for complaints is: -

The Chief Executives Office

Aviva General Insurance,

PO Box 78,

Surrey Street,

Norwich,

NR1 3EB

Tel: 0800 068 5670 (free :sad:)

Fax: 0800 158 2680 (again :sad:)

Email: [email protected] (feeling lucky :???:)

Hope this helps - keep us uptodate

Bosun

Edited by Bosund
spelling

Please note: I have no formal qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey

A very big thank you to all who responded to my thread.

Finally the fight with shop direct is over,

mum received a huge bouquet of flowers, a

letter of 'sincere' apology regarding the handling of her account

and recent ppi claim and a cheque for £3 k from littlewoods.

For those that are still fighting their case,

I think that contacting shop direct/littlewoods is pointless,

the fsa is pointless when complaining about littlewoods also,

instead I would concentrate on sending all the correspondence to Aviva

and complete the fsa forms using Aviva as the company your complaint is regarding.

This may all be coincendence but almost all year I have complained to shop direct

and time after time was advised to sling it but 3 weeks ago I complained to Aviva and now its resolved.

Thanks again peeps xxx me and my mum

Excellent new, well done for sticking with it.

Just for the record, was it Aviva or Shop Direct/Littlewoods who actually paid you out?

This is a very useful thread for those who are currently battling with Shop Direct Group and thanks for letting everyone know it has been resolved.

Thread title changed accordingly and link put in to the PPI Success Forum

Well done again.

Hi

Yeah thanks for updating thread to ***SUCCESS*** YEEEHA!

The shocking level of incompetence and bad attitude is seemingly entrenched within shop direct and littlewoods, since i first contacted them in February the correspondence received has been confusing at times which I think was deliberate as it was unclear who was actually handling my complaint as some letters were from Shop Direct and some from Littlewoods and two were unsigned? I was also provided with three different correspondence addresses and contact details.

As this dispute was in relation to my mums account the rude and obnoxious level of service was directed at her and so this became a very personal issue as I was determined that she would succeed and those smug patronising half wits would indeed at some point be signing a cheque made payable to her.

Every letter I wrote (12 in total) was clear in asking Littlewoods to provide me with my mums credit agreement, a copy of the telephone conversation and/or transcript of call that she agreed to ppi, a copy of updated agreement once ppi was added that she signed, I requested the same again for the ppi upgrade that was added 7 years later and again queried the automatic upgrade that was added 6 months after that and again requested updated credit agreement.

These 12 letters sent included 2 SAR payments/requests as despite her account being active since 1985 they refused to send any correspondence regarding the account unless she payed £1.00...can u believe that? 27 years of shopping with them and they wouldn't answer her unless she paid £1.00..aaaaaarrgh . They then claimed they did not receive my first SAR yet they cashed the £10.00 cheque and signed for the letter received recorded delivery?

I then sent 2nd SAR and 90 days later received everything they had which was just 7 years worth of orders, no ppi info or any signed agreements with a covering letter advising not to waste my time as the ppi was added in 1998 before they were governed by the bafoons at the FSA so no refund will be provided.

FSA finally responded 4 weeks ago, (I contacted them in February?) they were obviously far to busy fighting the financial giants and rewarding the masses with financial compensation to respond?? AYE RIGHT. They advised to contact the underwriter of the ppi, so I did. Aviva in Perth. I bundled up everything regarding this shambles, sealed it with a kiss, paid £9.00 to post it all and 21 days later received a refund and some flowers.

Sorry this thread is so long winded but I hope it helps at least 1 person with their fight against the complete eeejits that are shop direct.

Just contact Aviva and save yourself the pain of having to communicate on any level with LW/SD .

Good Luck and thanks again to everybody at CA and all who helped, its a minefield out there and would have been hopless without your help.

Thanks x

• 3 months later...

Hi

Looking for some advice on behalf of my mum and her Littlewoods account.

She recentl ordered a tablet online and never received it. I checked littelwoods online and according to their records the item had been delivered and customer signature given??

I complained obviously and requested a copy of proof of this signature etc, but LW claim that she has to send them proof of signature 1st and then they will provide her with the copy she requested...

Until then she has to pay for the Tablet purchased

does she have to this?