Curry's cheaper online at their own site then instore

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4341 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bought a TV from Currys instore today and just checked the package price online and its £100 cheaper.

The prices are the same but at the end it gives me a £100 discount. I think this is due to the fact that when you buy a TV and a music system together it gives you the discount.

What can I do? Store is closed now but would rather know my rights when I call in the morning. This is not a web special as the prices are the same and its valid for collect in store.

Hi

Absolutely no issues just pop into the store within 7 days and they will refund and resell at the online exclusive price. The reason this could of happened is that the online team reacted to a competitor eg like Amazon. So you can get the online price in store which is good. I hope this helped

Tom

Hi

Absolutely no issues just pop into the store within 7 days and they will refund and resell at the online exclusive price. The reason this could of happened is that the online team reacted to a competitor eg like Amazon. So you can get the online price in store which is good. I hope this helped

Tom

Went and spoke with a manager at Curry's and he says that they do not match their own online prices. Refused to offer me a discount and told me that I can not return the goods as they have all ready been installed.

What do you suggest? This is the last time I buy from a Curry's store. What incentive is there? Better ti buy from their online department as they offer free shipping rather then the £28 I gad to pay instore.

Guest Paul - CurrysPCWorld

Hi Axil,

Thanks for taking the time to post. I am sorry to see that the store manager has not honoured the online price.

Can you please email me at [email protected] and send me a link of the product that you have bought and also a link of the surround sound that you have bought so that I can check if its an online only deal or a store offer also.

Once I have these details I will be able to offer more assistance.

Kind Regards,

Paul

The KNOWHOW Team.

Hi Axil,

Thanks for taking the time to post. I am sorry to see that the store manager has not honoured the online price.

Can you please email me at [email protected] and send me a link of the product that you have bought and also a link of the surround sound that you have bought so that I can check if its an online only deal or a store offer also.

Once I have these details I will be able to offer more assistance.

Kind Regards,

Paul

The KNOWHOW Team.

Thanks Paul. You have mail!

Other benefits to buying online is DSR (Distance selling regulations) ie, you can return for any reason if your not happy.

I would have bought online but the sales guy was really good and convinced me that I will not get a better deal online as it was not a web special.

Within 7 days of delivery.

Can anyone advise? Currys are telling me that its a website error which showed the price to be lower but as of now the price is still £100 lower even though they know about this.

I suppose you could complain to the ASA - http://www.asa.org.uk/ , you could also consider speaking to your Credit Card / Visa Debt card provider, see what they say.

Can anyone advise? Currys are telling me that its a website error which showed the price to be lower but as of now the price is still £100 lower even though they know about this.

I suppose you could complain to the ASA - http://www.asa.org.uk/ , you could also consider speaking to your Credit Card / Visa Debt card provider, see what they say.

Thank you for that. I will wait to see what Paul has to say. But its good to know that I can take this further if I am not satisfied. Take a screen shot of the webpage.

Hi

Appologies that I've missed all this. Have you taken a screenshot of the page?

Also Paul from the Knowhow team should be able to get a solution for you.

1 thing I have seen to work quite well is email to the CEO, Seb is very focused on delivering great service so he will make sure something happens.

Tom

Hi

Appologies that I've missed all this. Have you taken a screenshot of the page?

Also Paul from the Knowhow team should be able to get a solution for you.

1 thing I have seen to work quite well is email to the CEO, Seb is very focused on delivering great service so he will make sure something happens.

Tom

Thanks for your reply Tom. Yeah I have screen shots from the last 3 days. In fact below is one that I took right now. Paul emailed me to say that its a website fault and it shouldn't be this price. That was in the afternoon. Surely if its a fault and they know about it then it should be fixed by now?

As far as I am concerned they have ripped me off. I was told that Curry's in store price will not be beaten by their own website as I had wanted to buy it online for the free delivery. They are aware and agree that online is cheaper and are offering me £40. I don't agree as I should get the £100.

Here is a pic to show at 2344 the website still beats the store price by £100.

8361012.jpg

How do I get the CEO's email? I would rather email him first then take this up with the ASA.

Hi

I'm really not understanding why they won't just match it for you seeing as they've made the mistake. Its about keeping a customer for life. I tried link it in my previous posts but I'm still on a basic member. But type into google. CEO of Dixons retail, then it will take you to a website which is dedicated for CEOs emails. If your on twitter he'll also respond very sharpish as well.

Keep in touch

Tom

Hi

I'm really not understanding why they won't just match it for you seeing as they've made the mistake. Its about keeping a customer for life. I tried link it in my previous posts but I'm still on a basic member. But type into google. CEO of Dixons retail, then it will take you to a website which is dedicated for CEOs emails. If your on twitter he'll also respond very sharpish as well.

Keep in touch

Tom

Thanks Tom. I have emailed Paul again with the latest screen print showing the discount is still active. I will wait to see what he has to say before taking it further with the CEO.

Sebastian James, Chief Executive

[email protected]

Paul has replied back saying they will not increase their offer of £40. Forget that. Would rather give my business to a more loyal company. Can I still return my stuff? I can't can I as they assembled it when they delivered it?

Paul has replied back saying they will not increase their offer of £40. Forget that. Would rather give my business to a more loyal company. Can I still return my stuff? I can't can I as they assembled it when they delivered it?

surely if 'they' assembled it then you can reject the goods ? and its for them to come and collect ??

surely if 'they' assembled it then you can reject the goods ? and its for them to come and collect ??

I paid for the assembly when I bought the goods, does that make any difference?