Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3111 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

Interesting article from the mail online re: Corrie star & B/R

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2148555/Bevs-bust-Corrie-barmaid-Liz-McDonald-bankrupt-broke.html

The section relating to the interview she gave in March is perhaps a little poignant and probably strikes a chord with others who are suffering or going through similar problems with debt, bankruptcy etc

I suppose a message out of all this is...don't suffer in silence, you are definitely not alone, get advice as soon as possible, there are solutions and help is out there (preferably free of course)

I really feel for her. I'm having counselling and I told my counsellor this week (based on the fact she is bound by confidentiality) but fell apart when I left the session and feel so ashamed that someone knows. I wish I hadn't told her. I thank the Lord I am not on the front page of a paper! I've read articles that the stigma of bankruptcy has gone and some say there is nothing to be ashamed of but that belief hasn't filtered through to my brain.

I really feel for her. I'm having counselling and I told my counsellor this week (based on the fact she is bound by confidentiality) but fell apart when I left the session and feel so ashamed that someone knows. I wish I hadn't told her. I thank the Lord I am not on the front page of a paper! I've read articles that the stigma of bankruptcy has gone and some say there is nothing to be ashamed of but that belief hasn't filtered through to my brain.

Hi

Hey, there

Try not to worry yourself about this stigma thing or anything else to do with bankruptcy, its not the case anymore (and thats if it ever really was)

Things happen, can go wrong, more often than not due to circumstances beyond peoples control, nobody is immune to what could be round the corner. The banks and lenders dont excactly help at times, but always happy when they are raking it in.

Debt and finance is a well established way of life now in the capitalist system, money makes the world go round, the lenders have had the good times so has the ordinairy man I suppose you could say, lean times for many now but the cycle will come round again as it has done before.

There are millions of people in debt with many more set to face problems in the coming months and years, the main thing is to get things sorted for you and get other people through this, thats what matters.

Think of it this way too, there are probably millions of people also employed in dealing with finance and debt including employees at the O/R offices and debt charities if we are honest.

Nobody should be getting on their slippery high horses as far as people in debt are concerned.

You will be fine and keep posting any questions you like.

My opinions as always

Edited by Wintry