• Tweets

• deed?  you mean consent order you and her signed? concluding the case as long as you nor she break it's conditions signed upto? dx  
    • Well tbh that’s good news and something she can find out for herself.  She has no intention of peace.  I’m going to ask the thread stays open a little longer.   It seems she had not learned that I am just not the one!!!!  plus I have received new medical info from my vet today.   To remain within agreement, I need to generally ask for advice re:  If new medical information for the pup became apparent now - post agreement signing, that added proof a second genetic disease (tested for in those initial tests in the first case but relayed incorrectly to me then ), does it give me grounds for asking a court to unseal the deed so I can pursue this new info….. if she persists in being a pain ? If generally speaking, a first case was a cardiac issue that can be argued as both genetic and congenital until a genetic test is done and then a second absolute genetic only disease was then discovered, is that deemed a new case or grounds for unsealing? Make sense ?   This disease is only ever genetic!!!!   Rather more damning and indisputable proof of genetic disease breeding with no screening yk prevent.   The vet report showing this was uploaded in the original N1 pack.   Somehow rekeyed as normal when I was called with the results.   A vet visit today shows they were not normal and every symptom he has had reported in all reports uploaded from day one are related to the disease. 
    • Hi Roberto, Read some of the other threads here about S Sixes - they all follow the same routine of threats, threats, then nothing. When you do this, you'll see how many have been in exactly the same situation as you are. Keep us updated as necessary .............
    • Nationwide's takeover of Virgin Money is hitting the headlines as thousands of customers protest that they will not get a vote on whether it should happen.View the full article
    • unrelated to the agreement then, could have come from Lowells filing cabinet (who lowells - they dont do that - oh yes they do!! just look at a few lowell paypal EU court claim threads) no name and address for time of take out either which they MUST contain. just like the rest of the agreement then..utter bogroll that proves nothing toward you ... slippery lowells as usual it's only a case management discussion on 26 April 2024 at 10:00am by WebEx. thats good simply refer to the responses you made on your 4a form response only. pleanty of SPC thread here to read before the 26th i suggest you read at least one a day. dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Barclaycard Debt 04/05 - HFO Services since 2006. What to do?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3832 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I’m writing on behalf of my girlfriend who has a longstanding debt which she has finally agreed she needs to look in to, but does not know where to start. She admits she has been irresponsible and has been scared to look into it for a long time, but having read around these forums for a while I’ve managed to convince her that there are processes that we should follow to see where things really stand, what really needs to be paid, and if there is anything she can claim back. I’m not particularly informed myself, but am prepared to read and invest time and effort into this to try and help her, and any help and advice anyone can give would be really appreciated.

The debt is a Barclaycard credit card debt relating to the period May 2004 to January 2005 and was apparently passed to/sold to HFO Services in April 2006.

My girlfriend says she spent on the card, and then tried to forget about it/run away from it and obviously at some point stopped paying the minimum payment. She was at university at the time and moved address frequently, and so we are presuming Barclaycard chased her for payment for a period before passing/selling the debt to HFO Services in April 2006.

We attended a Barclays branch recently and explained that she wants a full itemised breakdown of all transactions and charges on the account from opening to closure for the purposes of claiming back PPI (which she had) and also any late payment/other charges which were made by Barclays (which she thinks she remembers), and also to find out exactly what the final balance of the account was when it was passed to HFO Services.

Barclaycard said that she would need to write to them and enclose a cheque for £10 – so I’m presuming that this is the SAR request that I’ve read about?

Barclaycard then confirmed the date in April 2006 that the debt was passed to HFO Services, and also that the amount was circa £3000.

So – obviously there are processes to go through to reclaim PPI and possibly charges, what should we be doing here?

Next, and most importantly – HFO Services.

My girlfriend only remembers the following correspondence with them:

January 2011 – They called her demanding money, my girlfriend only remembers agreeing to set up a direct debit which she paid a couple of instalments on before cancelling.

March 2011 – This is the date of the most historic paperwork she has from them. It states “72 Hour Notice Of Litigation” – red writing, multiple pages, with lots of scary looking court information and statements saying basically that their solicitors will be issuing court proceedings if not contacted within 72 hours. Looks similar to the correspondence you get from Private Parking Companies (something which I have extensive knowledge on and have accumulated and ignored many unenforceable demands for money over the past few years). It also states “the balance of your debt continues to increase” and states that the debt is circa £5000!! Circa £2000 more than the final figure given by Barclaycard!

August 2011 – They called again, girlfriend says she again set up a monthly direct debit to them. This is documented in a letter stating the amount and payment date, and also the debt owed is now somehow circa £4000!! Down around £1000 from March 2011, but still around £1000 more than what Barclaycard said the final balance was.

There have been no other phonecalls or letters since and my girlfriend has paid an amount monthly by direct debit since September 2011 without break.

I called HFO services on her behalf in March 2012 to ask for some information and was told that the total amount when passed to HFO by Barclaycard a bit over £4000, and this was in May 2006. This is a month later and over £1000 more than what Barclaycard have told us!

They also said that the account was “up for review” in April 2012 – whatever that means, mentioned something about being able to offer a reduced amount for a one off payment to settle the account, and that it was being passed to Roxburghe.

Sure enough, in April 2012 my girlfriend received a letter which has HFO letterhead, and HFO Capital Limited address (unlike the other letters which have HFO Services letterheads and HFO Services, Surrey addresses).

This states “Notice of Appointment” says the account has been passed to Roxburghe Limited for servicing – but also states that:

“any correspondence or enquires relating to your BARCLAYCARD debt, owed to HFO Capital Limited, to Roxburgh (UK) Limited”

The outstanding balance is now a little under £4000 – with my girlfriend having paid monthly direct debits since September 2011 as stated.

The only other information I can currently give is that when I rang HFO Services the guy told me to check her credit report - there will be a default registered and there is a default balance. Should we do this? Is this relevent?

Can anyone advise on what to do now?

I’ve read things like HFO Services are being investigated and may not have a right to collect these types of debt, the debt is over year and so might not be enforceable, something to do with HFO Capital being abroad so that is something illegal, they may not have the right to collect the debt – something to do with getting CAG?, etc.

I’m just looking for advice on what processes to follow now, what letters to send, etc – and what to do/not? Should my girlfriend keep making payments? Etc? We want to find out how much really needs to be paid – if anything – and then if there is an amount to pay – to settle it in full and move on.

Many thanks for reading.

I'm not sure at the moment.

Barclaycard gave dates of May 04 to Jan 05 when she had the card.

I don't know if she made any payments to them after Jan 05, but she says she had phone contact from HFO in Jan 11 and paid something to them.

So it's possible? She may have made the payment just inside 6 years though........if only she had known!

As well as sending an SAR request to Barclays for all transactions relevent to the Barclaycard should she send the same to her other bank and us then check all historic statements to see what payments have been made when?

Subbing?

Is that like a warning because I posted earlier when no-one had posted back to my original post.

Apologies - sorry if so.

Just keen to find out what can be done as my girlfriend has finally agreed to address the situation having kept it a secret for a long time as she was scared about it.

I'm new to all of this - and although I'm reading around a bit I'm not sure what to do and in what order. Not sure in the meantime if she should even still keep paying the monthly amounts she has done to HFO - which have totalled hundreds of pounds already now?

Something doesn't sound right with the HFO lot, and passing the account round...

Yes check her credit file, have a look at what is on their and the names marked next to any defaults.

If you want to reclaim any charges from banks or credit cards, then a SAR would be the one to send (£10) to get sight of the account and what she was charged.

As for PPI, I believe this is a different letter? But not 100% on that....I've never had it so have never had to reclaim it...

If there are any DD's set up to pay this, then cancel them immediately and set up standing orders only, you control standing orders, where the banks and any company with access to your account via DD control them.

Stay off the phone, keep everything in writing, if they ring laugh and hang up, keep a diary of events also, especially where their harassment is concerned.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

It's not a warning, and donkey should be walloped for that! :deadhorse: (not using the thread tools button :bounce:)

It just mean that he is alerted to any new posts as he may be able to give you advice, and I think he is one of the HFO haters club!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Ah right. Thanks.

So to do now is - check credit file, send the SAR template to Barclays, and send another letter or 2 to claim PPI and card charges - to Barclays?

Been reading around this site and there are templates for all of the above right?

Also send a template letter to HFO? Roxburghe? - asking for the CCA thing?

Do I tell my girlfriend to cancel any payment she is making to them?........as I said - she has been doing this since Sept 11 now and has paid hundreds of pounds to them already?

Instead of cancelling the payments drop them down to a realistic £1 a month,

Check CRF yes.

SAR Sharklays yes.

Here is the link to the letter templates http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?68-debt-collection-library

It's not a warning, and donkey should be walloped for that! :deadhorse: (not using the thread tools button :bounce:)

It just mean that he is alerted to any new posts as he may be able to give you advice, and I think he is one of the HFO haters club!

Er, thread tools button doesn't exist on the mobile version. And why shouldn't I be able to let a Cagger know I'm on board to help rather than being silent? Whoever wrote that 'grandstanding' jibe is a rank idiot!

Yes - send a SAR request to Barclays and look into claiming back any PPI.

Send a CCA request to Roxburghe

CCA letter to send with a £1 postal order by recorded delivery, do not sign. They have 12 plus 2 working days to reply. If nothing valid is received you can send a letter to put the account in dispute and this should stop them contacting you. Add a request to the letter that you also require statements of all payments made to HFO and Rox, they should be sending this but never do

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?414-CCA-request-letter

STOP speaking to Rox or any DCA on the phone - keep everything in writing ONLY. If they ring - tell them IN WRITING ONLY and hang up, do not get into conversation with them. If they continue to ring - send this

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?493-Harassment-by-telephone-response-letter

STOP any Direct Debits - NEVER EVER pay a DCA by Direct Debit, they can take what they like from your account. I would not pay anything until you have some proof that these companies have a right to your money - which they probably do not in this case and if you must pay, use a Standing Order or other means.

DO NOT feel pressurised or threatened into paying this - take control and get all the facts

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

Er, thread tools button doesn't exist on the mobile version. And why shouldn't I be able to let a Cagger know I'm on board to help rather than being silent? Whoever wrote that 'grandstanding' jibe is a rank idiot!

100% Correct Donkey :whoo:

er, thread tools button doesn't exist on the mobile version. And why shouldn't i be able to let a cagger know i'm on board to help rather than being silent? Whoever wrote that 'grandstanding' jibe is a rank idiot!

subbing

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

BA, you are a nuisance and an exhibitionist.

So just who did write that idiotic link to ‘subbing’? Come on site team, own up. Who’s the supercilious tw*t?

No, not at all, I have much better things to do, time to log out of CAG for good,so adiau and farewell......

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Well I am surprised at this spat of childlike comment from

members of the HFO fan club.

Get on with what you all do best and use the site

tools available when you can!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

No, not at all, I have much better things to do, time to log out of CAG for good,so adiau and farewell......

Hope not!

donate

Thanks for the helpful replies.

Girlfriend has cancelled the direct debit and no further payments will be made to anyone until all letters suggested above have been sent and replies recieved.

Hopefully we can get all of this done over the next few days.

Give them 12 plus 2 working days to respond to your CCA request - then send the 'Account in Dispute' letter. Let us know if you receive anything from them at all.

The SAR request can take up to 40 days

If Rox phone you - just say 'account is in dispute' and hang up!

donate

Well I am surprised at this spat of childlike comment from

members of the HFO fan club.

Get on with what you all do best and use the site

tools available when you can!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spat? That was a mickey-take. Obviously! Quoting words from CAG.

But that note on the word ‘subbing’ is highly offensive. People like me, BA and others should not be accused of being a ‘nuisance’ or an ‘exhibitionist’ because we make clear our offer of help. It should be changed. It’s insulting. Who wrote it, Brig? Are they too ashamed to own up?