RJG Vs HBoS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

after querying yet another charge, I asked the call centre guy: "these charges...I can claim them all back from you by threatening to pursue legal action against you, can't I?"

he said "yes, just request all your statements and make a list of the charges and send them back to us and we'll have a look at them"

they charged me £5 for my last six years of statements

went through them, today, and did a initial summing up

had a look through these forums but it is a bit tricky to find some answers!

I am claiming all charges and interest on my overdraft...can I also try to claim all the £1.50 charges for when I have used my card abroad? I do hope so

hope someone reads this and knows and tells me!

planning on getting on w/ my claim ASAP xx

I dont think you can reclaim your card usage fee abroad as this is a service charge, the best advise i can give you is this read this site thoroughly, spend a lot of time reading and re-reading – get the process clear in your head before you start, that way you cannot make easy mistakes along the way.

The best place to start is here ---

àhttp://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

à http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/13664-welcome-all-newcomers.html

Once you are comfortable with the site and how to get around pretty easily, you can pop into your banks forum (each bank has their own little group) so that you can meet people in similar situations to you – some will be further along in the process, some like you, just beginning!

Read the longer threads to give you an idea of what to expect along the way. Post a thread in your bank group to introduce yourself, it’s a good way of keeping a little journal. Keep your own thread up to date, it will help you keep sane throughout the process but will also help others that may come after you! If you need any help post it on your thread, don’t start a new one! – your thread will be automatically bumped to the top and someone will be able to see it and help accordingly! The bank forums can be found here ----à http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/ scroll down to the bank action group and you will see a list of banks!

Finally keep to your deadlines and timelines, don’t be bullied by the banks! If in doubt just shout!!!

If you are new to forums a good link in helping to explain how to make posts can be found here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/13182-how-make-posts.html

Good luck and welcome J

yeah, it is a "service charge" but isn't everything a "service charge"? I would like to know how it costs halifax £1.50 for me to withdraw money abroad

thanks for your advice--this site is v big and hard to get a handle on but I just read through "tinkerbelle"'s account and it gave me a better idea/outline

Yes keep reading, you really cannot read enough here, it will all make sence soon I promise, but only if you put in what you are taking out, I know Lloyds or example stand by the claim that their bank charges are a service charge, but we all know what is really behind that.....but I do think that card usage abroad is a fair service charge, after all I would think (don't hold me to this ) that they may be charged by the atm owner abroad for you using the machine,

of course that is just an opinion, I know as much as you about this to be honest

has anyone here tried to claim back these charges for using your card abroad?

is it cheeky or risky in any way? like they might put up more of a fight if they think I am pushing it or that those charges are...fair?

I would like to ask them to tell me how much it cost them each time

I mean, they can't really get charged when I've used my debit card in shops abroad, can they?