Credit card statements

William1001
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4353 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all.

Really great forum , my first post so be gentle!

To cut a very long story short , my daughters ex husband has been ordered by the court to supply her credit card statements going back six years from eight different card providers.

The ones she has received so far are really only summaries and do not itemise purchases and other transactions. When this has been questioned she has been told that this is how they were sent to him.

Is this correct?

It would be useful to hear from someone who has had to get old statements from their credit card company.

Many thanks.

Hi there

My first post too, but felt I had to respond as I've been in a similar situation (presuming you're talking divorce and marital debts??)

I asked for credit card statements for myself and was provided with only the outline transactions for each (ie balances and payments) - this was acceptable by the judge as it showed what debt we'd had during marriage and what was outstanding at the time of separation (ie marital liabilities).

I've since SAR'd 2 CCAs (for my own benefit, not my ex husband's) and retrieved complete copy statements for the past 6 years - these include purchases etc.

I guess it depends what your daughter is looking for as in "spends" and whether they are an important battling/negotiation point.

Wish her luck :)

• Confused 1

Thank you silversable - this information has been so incredibly useful.

Yes it does concern a divorce and today at a hearing the Judge agreed that itemized CCA's were required. This is great news and will finally put to bed who spent what and when and narrow the issues.

I have posted this question before on other forums before I discovered this site and where as people have been very helpful , it is you that has given me the definitive answer.

Thank you for the welcome rebel11 , the forum has a good atmosphere.

You're welcome Will... glad you found it of some use.

Can I presume that the judge has ordered the ex to obtain the copy statements - were they in his name? If so, as rebel stated, it'll cost him £10 per creditor.

If the cards/loans were in joint names, then your daughter could SAR - same £10 per creditor - the templates in the library here are very useful :)

Do you have another hearing date? SARs can take a while, although recourse can be made after 40 days if the data/information is not received (again templates are in the library).

Just for information, when I contacted the 2 creditors mentioned in my first post, not even as a SAR, I did state that the judge needed the information for a divorce court hearing... I received their replies within 4 days!

Yes they are in his name and there are a lot of them!

The new hearing date I think accommodates the time frame plus a little extra to give my daughter a chance to digest the information.

Good point regarding letting the creditors know it is for a court case. When my daughter applied for various documents and statements she always mentioned this and found most organisations obliging.

Anyway , thank you so much again.