• Tweets

• Participants can get £50 - but must permanently consent to the retailer using their personal data.View the full article
    • Documents arrived today dated 27th March.  This is a cc taken out a long time ago (2008) and they don't seem to have been able to provide a copy of a CCA agreement, just reams of print outs of lines of texts from old bank statements, default notices etc.   
    • Documents finally arrived today from PRA group.  New day have sent me lots of paperwork, copies of default letters and statements, print out of what looks like a CCA that would have been completed on online, IP address as signature.  This debt is not too old, so possible this is the true copy of agreement ?  Not sure what my defence would be beyond irresponsible lending. 
    • pers i wouldn't.. all you need to know is in the posts of that thread....that being section 127(3) of the CCA refers. if under a CCA return, the 'creditor' claims its a recon, it must not contain any details like a sig, tickbox, or typed name (whether you signed physically or by online tickbox) 1. those are not necessary in a recon, so why inc them? (faked??) 2, it cant thus be a recon!!, it must be a copy of the 'original' from the original creditor, not from a debt buyers filing cabinet. they shouldn't not be 'mixing' some original docs from the OC with crap from their filing cabinet, claiming its ALL a recon! because some of it is faked. just remember there are far more docs like NOA and a DN that are as equally important to a court claim of 'this debt is enforceable'. never rely solely upon the dodgy agreement argument.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Why does Cat Food smell so Disgusting?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4313 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone with a cat noticed how the smell of these pouches has got so bad that it almost makes one sick to just put it in the cats dish?

It smells as bad going in as it does coming out the other end.

I have owned a cat, and used to look after my neighbours cat when they went on holiday - and I do agree that the food is quite foul smelling :!:

I just did a quick google search, and apparently cats need a stronger stimulus to eat than dogs, so if they have a stuffy nose they sometimes won't eat at all! I do know cats can quite often suffer from stuffiness - so it sounds logical!

You could always give them dried food - but with cats particularly, I wouldn't recommend it, as they can suffer from kidney problems at the best of times.

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

well our cats just stole 3 sandwiches and a tray of pringles

hes a bloody nusance dont know why i bother buying cat food

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

My neighbours cat loved doughnuts of all things - I remember one time him turning his nose up at some smoked Salmon I gave him! :lol:

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

I think they put crushed Budgie's in the pouches :p

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

One of my cats prefers mushrooms to anything else and often has frazzled whiskers from trying to get them out of the pan! He will also only eat tuna if it's in a lime & black pepper dressing. Daisy loves bread and has been known to scavenge it out of the bin, Smudge goes mad for olives and is strangely attracted to cellophane. She spends hours licking it, for some reason. And Tigger adores oranges and baked beans.........and is not nice to be near afterwards! My dog eats lettuce leaves straight off the plant while it's still in the ground.........at first we thought we had monster caterpillers!

I love cats. But only our local ones. And only on a Saturday night.

Extra chilli sauce mate. !!!!!!!

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

We can't fit a cat flap so our cat scratches on our bedroom door at about 3.30 every morning to be let out. I say 'our' cat, but at times like that it's actually my wife's cat (well she wanted the bloody thing). I get up at about 5.30 and the cat always wants to come in by then, but I make her wait because I know she wants feeding and the smell of whiskas makes me want to vomit. Feeding time is another moment when it's my wife's cat.

You're quite right though, it is a revolting smell, especially when the weather is hot and the food has been in the bowl all day. Yuk.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

We can't fit a cat flap so our cat scratches on our bedroom door at about 3.30 every morning to be let out. I say 'our' cat, but at times like that it's actually my wife's cat (well she wanted the bloody thing). I get up at about 5.30 and the cat always wants to come in by then, but I make her wait because I know she wants feeding and the smell of whiskas makes me want to vomit. Feeding time is another moment when it's my wife's cat.

You're quite right though, it is a revolting smell, especially when the weather is hot and the food has been in the bowl all day. Yuk.

Should this be moved to The Confessional Box:madgrin:

My Cats cats are only eating bite and chew at the moment (which dosnt smell too bad) but are also having a field day with rabbits and when you find the remains of one that you missed under one of the bush's in the Garden That really Smells

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Bite and chew, sounds like bubblegum!

I was thinking more along the lines of Zumba for the jaw muscles :lol:

I felt a bit bad on my neighbours cat last night - I'd made spicy Thai prawns for dinner (and when I make spicy I really make spicy) :|

Anyway, my Oh took the bin bag out to put in the wheelie bin - it had been bin collection day so he put it outside the side door then went out the front to bring the bin in, then got distracted chatting to one of our neighbours who he'd not seen for a while.

After around 20mins I heard a strange noise, and went to the side door to find my neighbours beautiful tortoiseshell cat sicking up some half eaten prawns he'd pinched out of the bag :!:

He just looked at me as if I'd put them in the bag on purpose :|

I was thinking more along the lines of Zumba for the jaw muscles :lol:

I felt a bit bad on my neighbours cat last night - I'd made spicy Thai prawns for dinner (and when I make spicy I really make spicy) :|

Anyway, my Oh took the bin bag out to put in the wheelie bin - it had been bin collection day so he put it outside the side door then went out the front to bring the bin in, then got distracted chatting to one of our neighbours who he'd not seen for a while.

After around 20mins I heard a strange noise, and went to the side door to find my neighbours beautiful tortoiseshell cat sicking up some half eaten prawns he'd pinched out of the bag :!:

He just looked at me as if I'd put them in the bag on purpose :|

Sounds like confessional box again:madgrin:

Try raw meat - you can get it frozen from Pets at Home in a mince or chunks (it's meant for dogs but you can use it for cats). You keep it frozen just taking out a bit in the morning to defrost for the day. They eat less as it's not full of water, it's more akin to what they would actually eat if they were catching their own food and it doesn't smell! Also his/her coat will likely get more glossy and if you have a problem with smells from the other end (ahem:)) it should clear up. Oh, and it's dead cheap.

You should add bits and pieces to it to make sure they get all the nutrients they need, but you can do more easily by either chucking in some offal with it every now and then, or even more simply by giving some good quality complete dry food every few days (Acana and Orijen are fantastic but pricey, however you don't use it all the time so not bad in the long run - prolly cheaper than pouches with the amount you have to give!)

Having said all that my cats are on Tesco own cat crunchies at a quid a box as my freezer has been too full for cat food recently, but I haven't half noticed the difference in coat and smell (from cat not food :madgrin:) since they've come off a decent diet.

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

My cat eats the Whiskers pounched food, and the Whiskers dried as well. I admit that the pouches dont smell nice to us,, but I am sure they are adored by the cats as my little one knows when I get her pouch open. She has the dried food while I am at work so if she doesnt eat it all , it wont smell.

My cat eats the Whiskers pounched food, and the Whiskers dried as well. I admit that the pouches dont smell nice to us,, but I am sure they are adored by the cats as my little one knows when I get her pouch open. She has the dried food while I am at work so if she doesnt eat it all , it wont smell.

My cat loves whiskas but it smells so rancid, I just cannot have it in the house. Am trying to get him into real food but he just is not having it.