county court judgement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4352 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Mag 60

The CCJ is now too old to enforce as it exceeds the 6 year limit (Statute of limitations) only with the permission of the Court can the Claimant execute the CCJ.

(But check the dates as this is the 6th year)

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you for your advice can you explain how I go about this I do not know what to do. Yes I will check the date d I have to get in touch with the court regarding this

Check your dates what month in 2006? who is the now trying to collect?

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

However, any delay in enforcement on the part of the judgment creditor will affect any award of interest as recoverable interest is limited to 6 years on a judgment that is executed after the expiry of the 6 year period.

Court permission is required to enforce a judgment debt that is more than 6 years old. In a particular case of Warrants of Execution, these must be renewed after 12 months if they have not been enforced. Further, the court is entitled to take account of delay and enforcement when exercising its discretion to grant any Order sought.

Hi Mag

To be able to offer further advice you must confirm the month in 2006 and the company that is making demands.

Andy

All that means is that you have to use the county court for enforcement (you can't for example use your own bailiffs). It doesn't mean you have to also ask permission to enforce first. You are correct though that you can avoid enforcement by making a payment plan, either directly with the creditor or by applying for an instalment order through the court. I think the creditor would much prefer a payment plan rather than enforcement. Even better - if you could rustle it up - they would take a lump sum payment of a fraction of the debt in full and final settlement.

Hi,

Has this new company applied to the court to have themselves substituted as the claimant ?

They would need to do this before they can further enforce the CCJ.

Even on judgment debts, the lender must provide statements annually. CCA 2006 ammendments.

If you do not own your own home, they cannot further enforce with a charging order.

As for Bailiffs, they can only enter your home with your permission.

If I were you, don't ignore them, but on the other hand don't allow them to intimidate you. Get them to provide you with a copy of the judgment order and proof that they legally own this 'Alleged' debt, if they don't have it they can do nothing. See what they have first.

Debbie