British credit trust demanding money

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Could somebody give me some advice on this letter that I'm going to send back to BCT please..

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your letter Dated June 11, 2012. Contents have been duly noted thank you, how ever your finishing comment at the end saying that you will no longer be responding to any of my demands disappoints me considerably.

May I remind you that you are the ones claiming that I owe you a substantial amount of money so therefore I have every legal right to request information from you regarding this debt.

I would also like to inform you that you are obliged to send me a statement of my account at least once a year and you have not sent me any what so ever, so therefore I would like you to send me a full statement of my account with a breakdown of all payments and charges that you have decided to add on to it.

Yours faithfully

Thanks in advance.

Regards

FL

Hi

I received this in a email this morning from Control Account the company who I pay the money to..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning,

As requested please be advised the balance when Control Account PLC too management of your account was £4570.68 we have received payments of £655.00 and have been notified of £1940.00 by our client.

This leaves a balance of £1975.68.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm still waiting on the courts to get back to me...

Regards

FL

Hi

I phoned the courts up again today and got a cold reception off the woman on the other end stating without a valid court claim number they can't help me, even with just my name and address no joy, the number I gave them on the court paper's sent to me for the car were for Birmingham courts and therefore have nothing to do with the claim form I would of received of off them... So I'm stuck now how else would I get this claim number.

I received the statement of account of off BCT this morning as well and they have just sent me the same statement that they sent before which I've posted up previously they also said in the letter..

'Please note having sent you all of the paperwork we hold we are ensure what additional paperwork you require? We therefore suggest you contact our offices on 0844 879 3890'.

Yours Faithfully

Seems strange why they haven't phoned me since they have my number from when they rang before..

Not sure what to do next any advise please, thanks for looking.

Regards

FL

• 1 year later...

Hi All

Been awhile hope every1 is ok...

I received this letter off of BCT today..

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss18/feelinglow/img002.jpg

It also came with an income and expenditure form and a direct debit mandate.

Now when I contacted (control account) the people who I pay the £5 too every week, they collect it on behalf of BCT this is what they sent me in an email..

((( Good morning, As requested please be advised the balance when Control Account PLC took management of your account was £4570.68 we have received payments of £655.00 and have been notified of £1940.00 by our client.

This leaves a balance of £1975.68.

Kind Regards ))))

Now the date I got this email was 25/06/2012 so the balance is a lot less then this now..

So was wondering should I reply to them and put them out of their misery, because some1 in their office obviously can't do their job properly and is trying to pull a fast 1 on me.

Regards

FL

I'd ignore them. Hopefully they will issue further court papers and you can make them look like the idiots that they are.

Personally I would send them copies of that letter, you don't want them issuing a CC claim and have all the fuss of getting rid of that.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All

I just had a thought this debt with BCT...

Because they keep sending me letters threating court action to try and get me to pay them instead, can I not have a bit of fun with them and try turning the tables.. since this is a debt from 2005 would it not be classed as statue barred ? as it as been 8 years since me having contact with them.

Although in reality I am paying but to Control Account I thought it might worry them and get them to back off once and for all.

and I can carry on making the payments to control account every week like I have been doing for the last 8 years.

Just a thought

Regards

FL

• 4 weeks later...

Hi 42man,

Sorry you miss understood what I was saying.

.. I'm aware of the non payment 6 year rule

but what I ment was,

because they are hassling me wanting me to pay them,

they are trying to make out that I haven't paid them and that I owe them over £10k,

I was asking because it's been more than 6 years the way they are making out,

so I was wondering about sending them a statue barred letter

to shut them up and leave me alone

so I can carry on just paying the way I am,

as I owe less than £1970.68 less what I've already paid since then of cause.

Regards

FL

• 1 month later...

Hi All

I have received a letter this morning off of BCT, apparently they have sold my account to LOWELL ?? for the amount of £10,052.52.

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss18/feelinglow/img005-1.jpg

I also got a letter off of LOWELL about it too and they admit that it had been subject to court litigation in the past, but when I sent BCT the SAR they didn't include anything to do with the court litigation, which is what I was trying to get out of them at the time with the SAR back then but nothing was included in the paperwork.

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss18/feelinglow/img006.jpg

I've been paying Control Account £5 a week since the 13/04/2005, now this as been coming out of my bank account every Tuesday ever since. The actual debt I was taken to court for according to CA was £4570.68p and I now owe £1570.68p.

The reason BCT came up with £10,052.52 is because on the 15/07/2010 they decided to put on a late payment surcharge of £7,326.85 ?? How are they allowed to do that when I have been paying CA for the last 5 years and never missed a payment surely that's against the law some how ??

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss18/feelinglow/img004.jpg

How are they even allowed to sell a debt that is being paid off in the first place, even if they are trying to con me out of another £7,326.85.

Thanks for looking...

Hope some1 can help thank you,

Regards

FL

Hi,

What stand out straight away is the 7K+ of late payment charges as you say I think you have cause to challenge this straight away.

The charges are not illegal but are probably unlawful and can be reclaimed.

Am I right in thinking the statement is from Control Account .

Are your payments as ordered by the court?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

As you have Lowell on the case now and they are prone to issuing Statutory Demands on Debts over £750.00 appropriate or not I suggest the following letter to be sent to Lowell by recorded signed for post asap.

Ms Sara de Tute

Director of Legal & Compliance

The Lowell Group

Enterprise House

1 Apex View

Leeds

LS11 9BH

Date .....................:

Ref: use theirs:

Re: Disputed Alleged Debt:

Dear Ms de Tute,

I refer to recent correspondence regarding an alleged debt for £xxxx.xx that Lowell has acquired from BCT, please note I do not acknowledge anf such debt to Lowell.

I am aware that Lowell have appointed xxxxxxxxxx to manage/collect this alleged debt but at this point I do not intended to deal with this matter through that company.

There is a major dispute regarding the actual amount allegedly owed originally to BCT, enclosed herewith is a statement of the account which shows payments made on the account and a disputed 'late payment surcharge ' of £xxxx.xx without which the balance is £xxxx.xx.

Sorry to disagree with 42 man but I don't think an SB letter is appropriate, the payments have been made for the last 8 years so the debt is not SB as the statement proves.

I still suggest the challenge is to the 'late payment' surcharge'.

Hi BRIGADIER2JCS

Thanks for responding

Am I right in thinking the statement is from Control Account
The statement is a copy of how Control Account pay BCT, I pay Control Account £5 a week by Direct Debit every Tuesday without fail, NO payments have ever been missed. Then CC pay BCT the way it say's in the statement.

Are your payments as ordered by the court
I received the papers from the courts and I had to make an offer of payment which I offered £5 a week and they accepted it and I've been paying it to CC ever since.

Thank you for the letter will get that sorted and in the post today.

Regards

FL

• 2 weeks later...

Hi BRIGADIER2JCS

Just to let you know I received this letter off of LOWELL today,

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss18/feelinglow/img007.jpg

Needless to say I won't be ringing them till hell freezes over.. Will let you know when I hear more from them.

Thanks Again

Regards

FL