DLR Unfair penalty notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4348 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone, I got on the DLR yesterday from blackwall heading for gallions reach. Prior to getting on the dlr, I touched at blackwall but did not wait to confirm if the light went green. Whilst on the train, a ticket inspector asked me to produce my ticket which i did. he made me aware that i had not touched prior to getting on the train. I explained to him that i touched but do not know what went wrong. he issued me with a £40 ticket and said i should try to speak to the authorities involved. he got my full details as i am on a student oystercard. I made him aware that i have never been fined/given a penalty notice which can be confirmed from my card history. I paid the fine of £40 today and also wrote an appeal having the case being looked into as the touch point might be faulty.

I do not want to have a criminal record nor any negative details on my name/record. Can someone please let me know the process as in if i will have a criminal record for a period of time or my name will be on their database as being negative as i have no negative record whatsoever on my name. Can someone please help me out here as i am very worried.

Thanks

Danielz

Your first paragraph makes little sense, as soon as you 'touch in' the light will eithjer turn green or red (or very occasionally orange), green means you have correctly swiped and you can continue, there is no 'wait' 9except perhaps a few miliseconds).

You travelled on the DLR without a ticket and were therefore issued a penalty charge, as you have paid this, I dont believe they would take it further and prosecute you and from what you have said your explanation doesnt seem realistic and therefore I doubt you wouldmhave success obtaining a refund of the £40.

Andy