Council tax Debt / Stirling park

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4292 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On the 13th of April 2012 I recived a letter from Stirling part Sheriff Officers stating that I owed East ayrshire council(EAC) 2500 in council tax between the dates of 2003/04 up to 2007/08 . I contacted Stirling park saying that the info they had was wrong and to get the referance numbers so I could contact the council on this .

On Monday 21st may 2012 I recived a letter from EAC saying they agreed in part with me and I now owned them £1641.36 .

The same day Stirling park carried out a Sheriff officer visit to my house . Theire paper work has the new amount of £1641.36 on it as my letter stated that EAC would contact stirling park to inform them of there new demands .

My questions are

1, if I ask to set up a direct debit can Stirling park refuse the amount I offer to pay

2 , as Stirling park recived the new paperwork from EAC but still peformed a sheriff visit that they are charging me £75 for can I reject the charge for this as they knew I was dealing with the council

3, the tax owned was Joint with a former partner who I am no longer in contact with . How can I ensure she pays her half rather than me paying it all

any help greatly recived

Hi offday,

answers

1 Yes but would strongly advise you not to set up dd but use standing order instead so you are in control. send them an offer of payment with and income and expenditure sheet and then make the payment whether they agree or not

2 they don't have a charge for attending , the council add 10% of the balance to the account which cover any fees

3 they can come after one of you or both. you cannot ensure she pays her half unfortunatley. you can pay it in full and then claim her half back through the court - or ensure the so's have her correct details if you have them

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

I found stirling park were not too bad at accepting my offer of payments, made me up it by a few pounds so maybe best to offer a bit less than you would actually like to pay. Word of warning: do not miss a payment. I missed one and managed to set it back up again but when i missed a second one a few months later, they arrested my wages very quickly even although they now recieve less from my wages than what i was paying them and i explained this to them. overall i found them much easier to deal with then the council themself (north ayrshire)

• 1 month later...

I set up a standing order with Stirling park for £40 per month . in june the first payment was to be taken on the 2nd of july . Stirling park then arested my wages citing that I should of made a payment in June even though my direct debit was in place . I sent info to the sherif court (north straclyde) along with a time to pay offer . to pay £20 a month (the amount I origanally wanted to pay stirling park but they rejected this ) . On friday I recived a

Interlocutor . from the court excepting my offer of £20 per month . I phoned stirling park to set up new payment , they claimed to have no knowlage of this and would have to speak to the court to find out more . I need to set my payments up within 1 month of the desision (before 18th august ) my question is should I set this up through the court , Stirling park or direct to the council . and will I need to do anything else to remove the original arrestmet or will the sherriff court have done this when the time to pay was excepted ?

Hi,

If the sheriff has made a time to pay order, they will inform the creditor of the date when he intimated that fact to you, I take it they will get in touch with Stirling Park.

The Sheriff will make an order recalling any existing earnings arrestment.

Give the Sheriff Court a phone, the clerk will keep you right.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert