style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Im just after a bit of advice if anyone can help please..

I was caught shoplifting in B&Q I know its wrong I dont know why i did it, Ive never done it before and have never been in trouble with the police either.

I was stopped at the door with some little odds and ends I had put in my pocket,to the ammout of around £45 apparently? I was taken into the little room and asked to empty out my pockets which I did.

They then rang the police and an officer came searched me, checked my details etc, and gave me an £80 fine on the spot, which I have now paid.

I have now recieved a letter from RLP claiming they want moneys to the sum off £115 for damaged goods(which there were zero off as all were in the wrappers) and admin fees etc.

I did sign a form they had only after the Police had been, as he gave them my details anyway.

Is it right for the RLP to claim this ammount from me, as there was no loss to themselves,??

I hope some can advise me on this

Hi Freddy

Welcome to CAG

When did this happen? Were you issued with a FPN? What did the police say?

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers.

Hi

It happened about a month ago, I was issued with a FPN at the store, The officer asked why I did it, I replyed I don't know officer?...He checked my details, to make sure I was who I said I was, and then let me go?

I have now paid the FPN, so does that mean, the police will take no further action?

It's this RLP letter I'm not sure what to do with now....I read on here that's its a [problem] invoice etc?

My problem with the RLP letter has not been resolved that's why I'm on here :)

Read all the threads on this forum about RLP - including the recent case in Oxford.

You'll soon understand what the issues are

• 2 weeks later...

After half a dozen letters and one from some wierd debt collectorlink3.gif in Scotland the letters stopped about 6 months ago.

If you feel you must reply send a letter containing the following.

'I deny any liability to RLPlink3.gif or you're client'

Thats it short and simple.

No matter how threatening the letters sound just ignore them.