Tiscali, belligerent response to complaint

rob_s
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6436 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

after waiting 26 days for my broadband service to be moved to new address and complaining to HO and complaints dept, they have sent the reply that since my service was provided within 20 days all charges stand and no refund or even apology will be given. all this despite the fact the customer services (joke) dept told me to complain to get charges back as it was not an acceptable time period to wait.

has the gregorian calendar changed recently? 31st august to 25th september now less than 20 days? lol

i am annoyed because i had to chase them up (for hours at a time) on numerous occassions, with noone being able to give me a provision date for service. when told someone would call, surprise surprise, noone did and i never had any info from them at all.

it was only the fact i kicked up hell on the phone that it was 'only' 26 days as the reprovision date, finally given to me, would have been 31 days after the request!

this is probably quite common, but given the fact the confirmation email states 10 days maximum and no communication was received from tiscali at all, i will raise this complaint with ofcom and cisas.

just thought i would pop this on the board, as i see broadband problems on here every now and again.

relevant addresses:

Communications & Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS)

c/o The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators

12 Bloomsbury Square

London

WC1A 2LP

Phone : 0207 421 7432 Fax: 0207 404 7150

Email : [email protected]

Textphone: 020 7242 5643

Office of Communications (Ofcom)

Riverside House

2A Southwark Bridge Road

London SE1 9HA

Phone: 020 7981 3000

Fax: 020 7981 3333

E-mail: [email protected]

Excellent, thanks for the info. I've just switched to Tiscali and it was the worst thing I've done, to the point where as soon as I can afford it I will be paying them for their year's subscription and going back to my old ISP as much as I hate to do it.

A real bunch of underhand cowboys. Avoid!

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

Mindzai's Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Joint Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Spreadsheet for compound contractual interest and statutory (s69) interest:

Download v1.9 [Tested with Excel 97-2007 and OpenOffice 2]

PLEASE NOTE: You should fully research contractual interest before you use that functionality of this spreadsheet. If in any doubt please use it to calculate 8% interest under s69 County Courts Act 1984.

has the gregorian calendar changed recently? 31st august to 25th september now less than 20 days? lol

Working days, perhaps? Of which (arguably) there were 18. I guess it depends on what the agreement says on the subject.